IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Security Light Flashing...Thought was fuel pump

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-17, 10:51 PM
Tamotoji
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Security Light Flashing...Thought was fuel pump

Hey guys its been awhile since i had my last IS300.

I just recently bought another IS300 and its been having some fuel pump problems.

First time it had symptoms, it was turning over but not starting all the way.

So a good friend of mine had his old SC300 Fuel Pump he gave to me. Installed it and it ran fine.

Went to a local car meet and then let it sit in the garage for a good week. 7 - 10 days.

Tried starting it up and same symptoms again.

So this time i figure. Im just gonna buy a brand new Walbro 255 fuel pump instead since i plan on boosting soon anyways.

Brand new Walbro fuel pump is in and still doing the same symptoms. Cranking but not starting.

Then i realized that my security light keeps blinking like every 1 - 2 seconds while the key is inserted into the ignition.

NOW. Before when the first time i had fuel pump issues and replaced with my friends SC300 Fuel Pump, it was fine. I remember reading about
security lights security lights
when I thought the problem was not the fuel pump.

Now for some reason it doesnt want to recognize my key? I have no idea why. Key Fob still unlocks and locks the car. EFI Fuse and Relay is good. IGN Fuse is good. I honestly have no idea what it could be.

If anyone could chime in on this would be very much appreciated.

Thanks!

PS. I noticed that my door puddle light stopped working too. I dont know if that has to do with anything but thats what i noticed that changed.

Before the Walbro, Key Fob stopped working and finally fixed the damn problem... Was the 7.5 Dome Light Fuse...