IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Just got back in my 500+ RWHP IS300 from Powerhouse Racing!!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-03, 06:02 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Just got back in my 500+ RWHP IS300 from Powerhouse Racing!!! **Video Up**

Well, I just picked up my upgraded PHR Stage 2 IS300 from Powerhouse Racing yesterday. I just want to thank Jarrett and everyone at PHR for the amazing work again. Jarrett actually drove to Little Rock to pick up my car and transport it to Fort Worth. That is very generous and speaks a lot about his character and PHR's commitment to their customers. Also, thanks to Dusty at MVP Motorsports who has been very helpful thoughout the process and has great prices on all the parts I bought for my car.

Anyway, here we go. The dyno and video should be up today, but my car is now among the elite monsters!!! We pulled 540 rwhp and 549 rwtq on the car this week (dyno posted soon). This was at lower boost levels than the big Toyomoto cars (theirs were 24 psi I believe). Here is one of the most amazing things -- my car still has the stock resonater and the "off the shelf" rear section HKS Carbon Fiber Ti. For those of you who don't know, that is not a 3" exhaust.

As I posted earlier, my car now runs on Motec standalone ecu. For those of you who are curious, I still retain the stock functions in my car like cruise control, snow button, a/c, abs, etc. Motec controls the ignition like the MSD DIS too. Haltech does not do this, and therefore the Toyomoto guys have MSD. Many believe the Motec does a much better job then the MSD, but lets not get into that argument. Motec also controls vvt-i. That is a big deal because you can take advantage of the vvt-i. Again, this is different than haltech. The numbers we posted are using the stock head and a fully functioning vvt-i. Correct me if I am wrong, but I think I am the only BIG hp IS300 still using a vvt-i head or atleast still have a functioning vvt-i head. Remember everyone will tell you that if you can take advantage of vvt-i, then you will make more area under the curve on your dynos because you can maximize the hp at the lower & higher rpms. So, this is one of the many reasons that PHR makes such large hp numbers. Jarrett is making 571 rwhp on 19 psi on his car right now, and an enormous dyno is coming in the near future. Finally as an FYI, my car is still using completely stock internals.

Now for the fun stuff. The car pulls like so hard now!!! I can spin my tires to about 90-100 mph now. It is rediculously fast. 550 ft.lbs of torque is insane to drive. It pulls all the way to the redline and then some. On the way home, I toyed with a 350z at half throttle and I just stayed glued to her bumper to 100 mph when she pulled to the side. Also, vizage_IS and Parker from IPT got a ride in the car, so they can speak about how fast it is. (By the way, I saw the carbon fiber underhood pieces and they are amazing). The car still gets about 16-18 mpg on the highway with the high flow fuel rail and the 720 cc injectors. The egt's run about 600 degrees Celcius (1100 degrees Farenheit) at 80 mph. So, no problems there. It is super smooth and quiet at highway speeds. You cannot even hear it, unless of course you un-cork the beast. To say I have an amazingly fast IS300 is just not enough fellas. Wow, WOOOSH!!!

Well, I guess that is it for now. I will post the dyno and video later today.

Last edited by Turbo'd_Wxman; 01-19-03 at 04:16 PM.
Old 01-18-03, 06:14 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congrats man!!!
Can't wait for the vid!
Old 01-18-03, 06:39 PM
jaymode
Driver

you still have not answered the question about the tansmission. Thats a question on everyones mind, is it the stock tranny or not?

But props on the setup.
Old 01-18-03, 07:29 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

wow that's insane!!!!!! pics and dyno please!!!!!!!!

and umm.... mind if i ask, and pm me if you want, how much is it?
Old 01-18-03, 07:57 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Originally posted by jaymode
you still have not answered the question about the tansmission. Thats a question on everyones mind, is it the stock tranny or not?

But props on the setup.
I am running the stock 5 speed tranny with an upgraded PHR clutch and stock flywheel. The beans are spilled.
Old 01-18-03, 08:24 PM
jaymode
Driver

thanks. that has just been bothering me so much wondering if it was stock or not.
Old 01-18-03, 09:28 PM
EmoDragRacer
Lexus Test Driver

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

marc if you have the vid send it to me I can host it...
Old 01-18-03, 11:55 PM
ESES
Driver

Default ...

Kinda off topic here..
But how much was it to make all your dash lights blue??
Was it hard??
Old 01-19-03, 12:12 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: ...

Originally posted by ESES
Kinda off topic here..
But how much was it to make all your dash lights blue??
Was it hard??
i think it involves taking the dash apart and changing out all the bulbs inside to blue bulbs or leds
Old 01-19-03, 12:19 AM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Default Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by rominl

i think it involves taking the dash apart and changing out all the bulbs inside to blue bulbs or leds
If it were only that easy. There is a lot of manipulation involved unfortunately. I may release a kit, but I will let you guys know either way.
Old 01-19-03, 01:40 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Default Re: Re: Re: ...

Originally posted by Turbo'd_Wxman

If it were only that easy. There is a lot of manipulation involved unfortunately. I may release a kit, but I will let you guys know either way.
you know the drill, let us know asap. man, seems like the is300 is a dangerous car to get. i can't imagine how much i would spend on the car
Old 01-19-03, 04:16 PM
Turbo'd_Wxman
Pole Position

Thanks to emogdragracer for hosting the video, so here ya go!!! Enjoy fellas. By the way, we shot the dyno screen to show one of the runs. It is not the biggest pull we had, but I will post that dyno when I figure this program out.

Click here for Wxman's Dyno
Old 01-19-03, 04:21 PM
Richie
Lexus Fanatic

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by Turbo'd_Wxman
Thanks to emogdragracer for hosting the video, so here ya go!!! Enjoy fellas. By the way, we shot the dyno screen to show one of the runs. It is not the biggest pull we had, but I will post that dyno when I figure this program out.

Click here for Wxman's Dyno
Dude, that sounds soooooooo nice!!!!!
Old 01-19-03, 04:27 PM
zexen
Advanced

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

beautiful sound. crazy power as well.

great car turbo...
Old 01-19-03, 04:54 PM
rominl
exclusive matchup

:eek: :eek: :eek: man........ that's my look now

Quick Reply: Just got back in my 500+ RWHP IS300 from Powerhouse Racing!!!