IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

New owner from DFW with maybe a few questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-13, 08:18 PM
DatSRBoi
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New owner from DFW with maybe a few questions

Hello fellow Lexus owners. My name is Dat and I am from fort worth Texas. I just recently picked up a Silver 2005 IS300 with 66k miles on it and I am glad to be back in a car I will enjoy to play with.

I have always loved car and use to own a Supercharge Solara 5pd but sold it to get a Supra. It was an 87 1JZ single turbo supra garage built not brought. I was involve in an accident (not my fault) one week prior to finishing the car (44mm wastegate spring could not keep up so had to get a bigger spring) while on my way to work. I told myself I will never work on another car again.

Well 3 years later just minding my own business I came across this IS300 and figure I give it another try but at a must more "simple" fun car. The car is bone stock but I want to lower it on coil-overs just enough not slam on CCW wheels and a front lip. I want to strengthen up the chassis and do a full overhaul upgrade of sway bars and poly bushings. Interior I will keep it bone stock and I will leave the car looking like that.

I have been around these 1J and 2J motors for so long that you guess it... I plan on going boost again once more but on a much "simpler" setup. No high power dreams of the past.... Ok maybe just enough to shut down some V8 guys. This car will be my daily so it will be setup for daily and travel.

I guess my main question is I will be putting a tow hitch on here. I am an adventurous person. I do not plan on towing a boat but I mountain bike almost every other day and a roof rack is not my cup of tea nor would putting a $5,000 dollar bike cover in mud into my trunk is a good idea. I have search and search but all the old post are too old with vague information. Has anyone had any problem with a tow hitch on a drop IS300?

I hope to learn from you guys here and create new friends.

No pics of the IS but here have this instead :P