IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

Black IS300 in Holland, MI was having fun with me on the highway... anyone here?

Search this Thread

Old 10-01-02, 01:17 PM
pooshda
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Black IS300 in Holland, MI was having fun with me on the highway... anyone here?

I was leaving Subway today on my way to work after picking up a Sub... I got in my car and saw an older guy (50s... 60s... maybe?) getting into a nice Black IS300... I rolled down my window and said "nice car" and he sorta shook his head... didnt seem to friendly lol... anyhow, He had the license plate MILEXUS...

After leaving I was getting on the highway and saw he was behind me... I casually accelerated, about half throttle onto the highway til about 85mph... then just settled... a couple seconds later I look back and I see him coming up fast like hes gonna fly by me... I hit the gas and got even with him... he didnt get next to me but I also couldnt see him in my rear view, I was suprised he wasnt behind me already... I was thinking "ok anytime now im going to see you behind me so I can cut over..." because there was a car in front of me and I finally had to let off and pump those big *** brakes of mine pretty hard to slow down, didnt see my speed but id guess I was going pretty fast... once I braked he flew past...

I was going at an easy pace for a second but I saw him still on it way ahead having fun it looked like... so what the hell I caught back up again... then "K band" a cop passed on the highway opposite direction, he saw him too im sure... I followed him for a few and watched him weaving in traffic still having a ball... continued to follow until I had to get off to goto work... nice car, quicker than I expected... Im thinking it may have had some stuff done... I sure hope anyway.

He did have quite a good head start when he was trying to pull his flyby on me and was on it quite longer than I was because he was coming up behind me fast and I waited til he got close to gun it... I stayed even/ahead so maybe it wasnt as fast as I thought, I really expected to pull on him badly though... cool suprise...

btw, I drive a Supra twin turbo, I was pushing ~17psi with basic bolt ons... My best time is 12.855 @ 116.6mph on COMPLETELY bald tires and stock 2200rpm stall... The car is good for way better than 12.80s thats for sure... My Sound Performance transmission should be done pretty soon (less than a week I hope)... So for me not to walk away like I wax expecting WAS a suprise... but he never passed me til I let off so I dunno...

Is this anyone here, does anyone know this guy? I was trying to be nice by complimenting him but he didnt seem very friendly, maybe because im only 21 and dont look very old I dont know... maybe he thought I was some punk
Old 10-01-02, 01:28 PM
pooshda
Driver School Candidate

lol moved already, wow... this wasnt really IS300 specific I didnt think... wanted to know if anyone knew the guy so the most populated forum would be the best bet... oh well.. I considered it more of a lexus story... ah well
Old 10-02-02, 04:29 AM
Francis K
Racer

Default hey pooshda...

Your BPU aren't you? You shouyld have smoked his *** unless maybe he was turbo...like many IS's are becoming. Try the IS300.net forums....few guys from Michigan venture on to CL....or any import forum that is

Hmmm...wonder why? Lately I've been seeing a bit more on Supraforums though....
Old 10-03-02, 10:56 AM
bcc002
Pole Position

you shoulda smoked him, so he had to have somehting done, espically if your running 12's. but the IS300 does pull really hard from 85+, i stayed with my friends' gs400 at that speed and hes got an exhaust as well...but from a start, well, heh. torque.
Old 10-04-02, 02:28 PM
pooshda
Driver School Candidate

Francis, whats up man

And thanks for the replies... Yea I was SUPRISED, I figured this guy had no idea what he was doing... but maybe he had some toys under the hood, I couldnt tell if the exaust looked stock or not... there was NO sound coming from his car, but then again mine is hard to hear anything over when im on it...

I think its because he got that large rolling start, he was flying up from behind but I made pace with him since I didnt hit it til he got close, he never inched past though even with head start, so maybe it was just the conditions... the car in front of me didnt help at all

Oh yea... and yes Im BPU... rmm stainless downpipe, tanabe racing medallion, removed stock air box, boost up... thats about it... and yea the car runs 12s, much lower than I have done im sure since my tires were non-existant.

Last edited by pooshda; 10-04-02 at 02:30 PM.