Browse all: Exterior Guides
Print Wikipost

window reprogramming?

Old 01-23-10, 11:25 PM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts
Default window reprogramming?

my friend's is300 just got broken into.. front driver side window was smashed, and it was replaced by the insurance.. here is the question.. the window won't close up properly. it would roll up, but when it hits the top, it would roll back down.. i'm not too familiar with this car, and not sure if this has anything to do with a pinch protector if there is one.. is this something that must to be reprogrammed by the dealership or something you can do it on your own? we called the local dealership, and they are asking 160 just to reprogram it.
Old 01-24-10, 06:50 AM
stvincent
Racer

Received 36 Likes on 22 Posts

ok.. searched and got the answer from my.IS

Quote:
HOW TO RESET POWER WINDOW MOTOR (RESET SWITCH AND PULSE SWITCH)
If the jam protection is not functioned properly, perform the following procedure.

HINT: It is necessary to reset the power window motor (in initial position for the limit switch) when separating the window regulator from the power window motor or operating the window regulator with the door glass not installed.

Remove the power window motor. HINT: Place the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear.
Connect the power window motor and power window switch to wire harness of the vehicle.
Turn the ignition switch ON and operate the power window switch to idle the power window motor in UP side direction for more than 6 rotations or less than 10 rotates (4 seconds or more).
Assemble the power window motor and regulator. HINT:
Install the motor when the regulator arm is below the middle point.
Align the matchmarks on the power window motor and window regulator gear.
Assemble the power window regulator and door glass. HINT: Never rotate the motor to the down direction until the completion of the window glass installation.
Connect power window switch to wire harness and turn the ignition switch ON.
Repeat UP and DOWN operation several times manually.
Check if AUTO UP -> AUTO DOWN operates in automatic operation. HINT:
Take care that the jam protection function does not operate just after resetting.
Reset the regulator again when performing the reverse operating after closing the window fully by AUTO UP operation.
Check the power window function

The window motor needs to be clocked, most glass installers are clueless, so never do. To fix it, the motor must be removed from the regulator, then the switch plugged back in. Hit the down button, and let the motor turn until it stops, then bump it back up until the gear has made six full turns. From there, just reinstall the window motor, and you'll be good to go.
Old 07-22-10, 07:53 PM
chininsan
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks you save me from buying a new regulator....this works for gs as well
Old 08-07-10, 07:45 AM
cdzo72
Driver School Candidate

Guys do you have any idea if this works for an LX 470? I had the window track separate from the drivers' side rear glass a few weeks ago and haven't been able to get the auto roll to stop from bringing the window halfway back down after it goes all the way up. I can semi reset it by allowing to auto roll up and holding the button up for 12 seconds and it will stay, but as soon as I let it down and try to auto roll up again, it comes halfway back down. I hope this fix of y'alls will do the trick...
Old 01-27-13, 11:47 AM
Lexus62
Driver School Candidate

Red face SC430 Paint, Windows...

Recently tboned in the drivers door and rear panel. Door replacement and rear panel and wheel/tire.
Thus far two major issues after picking up my car Friday after not having it since Dec 7. The paint doesnt match. My 2002 is White Gold Crystal and it appears to be White.. Starfire?

On the way home I had the window down, as I approached interstate I hit the auto for it to go up and it did but then came back down. Answers in why this happens?

I called the bodyshop and they met me halfway.. He says old your car is old and its probably time for a new motor.. I told him it was fine before the accident. But they also left my brake light with a huge chip on it and it had nothing to do with the accident . Not pleased. The car has 85,000 for a 2002 not too bad.. Now the gas cap on the rear panel I can see not align with the car.. looks ajar.

Any idea what the deal is with the window?

Thanks!!
Old 06-29-13, 08:18 PM
Mickeybro
Driver School Candidate

I have the same problem on my 04 es330. Its the rear left window. The window stays up as long as i dont hit the button,but once i open the window,it will roll back down after i try to close the window. Ive tried calibrating it but no luck. ( the calibration instructions i read was for a different lexus model ) Ive managed to keep the window up once i hold it for 12 seconds.
Old 08-28-13, 10:56 AM
brainsurge
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

I'm also having that issue on my '01 GS 430. Auto-Up drives the aft r/h window to closed, then drives it back to the middle.

Does anyone have some detailed instructions on reseting the system?
Old 09-06-13, 11:31 PM
az989
Driver School Candidate

for me idk whats wrong i tried the reset it didnt work......... but i adapted to it i just slowly roll it up
Old 09-16-13, 06:13 PM
BlueIS88
Driver School Candidate

If you can walk it all the way up , sometimes holding the d/s front switch in the up position for about 5secs will reset the function .
Old 09-17-13, 12:30 AM
FPSee
Driver

anybody have a detailed instruction maybe with pictures? reading it alone is already confusing enough.
Old 12-18-13, 11:30 AM
khkholder
Driver School Candidate

this information was very useful. step by step instructions made it easy to fix this problem
Old 12-23-13, 03:16 AM
brainsurge
Pole Position

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts

Here is a video, that tells you what to do.
in the end it's quite simple.
had to do it 3 times to get my window correct, but it took around 1,5 h max.
Old 12-30-13, 06:50 PM
Mickeybro
Driver School Candidate

wow,thanks for the video