Paint ideas? Audio ideas?

Search this Thread

Old 05-20-09, 09:34 AM
altezza080
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Paint ideas? Audio ideas?

Part 1:
So i have this Toyota Altezza. I live in Okinawa, Japan, where we don't have luxury brands like Lexus, Acura, Inifiniti. I am the only person I know with a 6-speed Altezza. From what I hear, my car is pretty uncommon. The only problem is, my car is silver, and there are hundreds of silver Altezza's. Seriously, there are 5 in my parking lot. Once you get to looking, you see mine is very different from the rest, but its like a downer to see everyone else being all homo with their automatics (no offense), trying to be cool. I have blue parking lights (don't hate, its legal in Japan), which puts me a little apart. They (the other Altezza owners) ask me how I did my crazy mod to have my headlights light up blue. I just tell them my car came like that, so that I can distinguish myself from them. ya, if they had half a brain, they would see it's a quick trip to the auto parts store, pull out and plug in, and done.
So, my plan is, I want to have my car painted Negaro Blue, like an Audi S4. I love that color. For me, it has to be blue. I don't know what it is, but blue just looks so good. I think it will put me apart from the other homo Altezza's out there.
Part 2:
I gotta get subs. I just have to. If any of you ever come to Japan, you can get the most terrible looking car, load it up with subs, and you will get any girl you want. the girls over here (well, a lot of them) are really great looking. Import Tuner models everywhere. So my idea is either an Inifinity Basslink (to save space) or a single Kicker L7 (10"). What do you think?
Sorry for hating on all the automatics but it's just hard to be different when there are so many that look like you. My best buddy even has an automatic Altezza. I searched far and wild for the manual transmission and then i'm just like the guy next to me.
Old 05-20-09, 10:07 AM
VIPJOSH
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well if you want i have some B.A. subs for sale and will ship. pm for more details
Old 05-20-09, 12:23 PM
anotherLS
Lexus Champion

willing to ship me some headlights and wagon front and rear bumpers? hehehe

i like that Audi blue! i say go for it, and i like kicker L7's just rock 1 12" and you'd be good! and 3.5inch monitors everywhere!
Old 05-20-09, 02:53 PM
nguminh
Lead Lap

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

it's hard to find a 5 speed IS300 around here. Good job finding a stick altezza.
Old 05-20-09, 03:13 PM
2002GGPIS3
Lexus Test Driver

welcome, painting the car negaro blue will make you stand out, or you can keep it in the toyota family and paint it royal saphire pearl, seen on the Sc300/sc400, soarer, and of course the Supra. Or paint it the new ultrasonic blue that is on the IS-F.
Old 05-20-09, 06:45 PM
Anthony
Lexus Champion

^im with you ultrasonic blue would be sick.
Since your in Japan how bout some Alpine subs?
TYPE-X is the way to go.
Old 05-20-09, 11:43 PM
altezza080
Driver School Candidate

I do love Alpine but, you would be totally shocked to find out, Alpine is very expensive here. I went home on leave in April and brought my Alpine receiver in my luggage from my old car. i get tons of compliments on it, but you're looking at paying triple whatever it costs in the states over here.
I'm very much into keeping my car all Toyota. That ultrasonic blue is very bad ***. I talked to this Toyota nut here and he said my specific transmission, being a 6-speed is very uncommon. all you lefties out there (like me) would love having a manual on a right hand driver car. it just feels good. too bad we go by kilometers, so you really can't get going very fast for very long. the laws here are very strict for speeding or any kind of racing. if a cop sees you, not stopping is your best bet. i was going to do a 2JZ swap, but what am i going to do with 380hp when the most you can do on island (legally) is 80km (49mph)?
Old 05-21-09, 09:20 AM
VIPJOSH
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by altezza080
i do love alpine but, you would be totally shocked to find out, alpine is very expensive here. I went home on leave in april and brought my alpine receiver in my luggage from my old car. I get tons of compliments on it, but you're looking at paying triple whatever it costs in the states over here.
i will ship 2 alpine 10' type-x subs, brand new in box for you. These are bomb subs and definitely will get the ladies attention. Also, have an amp to run them if needed.
Old 05-21-09, 12:51 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

I do love Alpine but, you would be totally shocked to find out, Alpine is very expensive here. I went home on leave in April and brought my Alpine receiver in my luggage from my old car. i get tons of compliments on it, but you're looking at paying triple whatever it costs in the states over here.
I'm very much into keeping my car all Toyota. That ultrasonic blue is very bad ***. I talked to this Toyota nut here and he said my specific transmission, being a 6-speed is very uncommon. all you lefties out there (like me) would love having a manual on a right hand driver car. it just feels good. too bad we go by kilometers, so you really can't get going very fast for very long. the laws here are very strict for speeding or any kind of racing. if a cop sees you, not stopping is your best bet. i was going to do a 2JZ swap, but what am i going to do with 380hp when the most you can do on island (legally) is 80km (49mph)?

Your car already has a 2JZ
Old 05-21-09, 04:08 PM
altezza080
Driver School Candidate

haha, funny, but actually it doesnt. here in japan, our cars have BEAMS engines. i believe it puts me at 210HP. Its a 2 liter. There are actually tons of different styles of the 2L engine, but I have like the cool one or something. Look it up on wikipedia. either that or i could take a picture for you guys.
Its pretty easy to get an engine swap here in japan, but the problem is, what kind of engine you have shows up on your registration. everything off base is in japanese so it's not as easy as going to our local auto parts store and finding out where they can make the changes to your registration. you have to know someone who knows someone who did it and you have to talk to them. or you have to speak japanese, which, is a crazy language.
my phone has a 5mp camera on it, so its hard to put pictures on the internet.

technically, my car would be called a Lexus IS200.

Last edited by altezza080; 05-21-09 at 04:09 PM. Reason: added a sentence
Old 05-21-09, 04:11 PM
altezza080
Driver School Candidate

how much are you trying to get rid of your alpines for? and why?
Old 05-21-09, 08:15 PM
llllllllll
Lexus Champion

haha, funny, but actually it doesnt. here in japan, our cars have BEAMS engines. i believe it puts me at 210HP. Its a 2 liter. There are actually tons of different styles of the 2L engine, but I have like the cool one or something. Look it up on wikipedia. either that or i could take a picture for you guys.
Its pretty easy to get an engine swap here in japan, but the problem is, what kind of engine you have shows up on your registration. everything off base is in japanese so it's not as easy as going to our local auto parts store and finding out where they can make the changes to your registration. you have to know someone who knows someone who did it and you have to talk to them. or you have to speak japanese, which, is a crazy language.
my phone has a 5mp camera on it, so its hard to put pictures on the internet.

technically, my car would be called a Lexus IS200.
Oh yeah I forgot about IS200, still I thought they had 2jz-ge
Interesting, learn something new every day

Oh and btw I'm soo jealous of you, I want to live in Japan so bad you don't even know.
Are you just in military there? I need to make some friends in japan to make my move easier...
Old 05-21-09, 09:03 PM
altezza080
Driver School Candidate

well man, if i can make a suggestion, i would actually move to okinawa, which is where i live. i am from seattle washington, where it is cold most of the year. that is more like mainland japan. here in okinawa, it's hot pretty much all the time. and ya, cars are cheap here. skylines are played out to death and you can't go more than, oh, maybe 8 hours without hearing a blow off valve. RX-7 turbo's, supra's, silvia's, type-r civic's and integra's, all regular cars here.
i actually was going to buy a G35, but the roads are so narrow here. the altezza was just the smarter choice because of its size. its big, but not too big.
the only thing i can say is vacation here first. the islands are very small but there is a lot to do. practice using chopsticks and get used to eating things that you don't know what they are.
I am military. Its my first and last duty station here, so its not a bad life. i mean, it sucks having to work in such a hot place, but it could be a lot worse. i just picked a job that kinda keeps me in the back. my job is kinda on a larger scale. but most importantly for me, i'm not an army guy. that's just my job. too many people go crazy for the army. that's not me.
if you want to know anymore about this place, let me know.