ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-1st-gen-2001-2005-166/)
-   -   Chipped Windshield :( (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/is-1st-gen-2001-2005/316495-chipped-windshield.html)

MadTweaked 11-04-07 03:14 PM

Chipped Windshield :(

My windshield got chipped by a damn rock thrown from a semi the other day on the highway :cry: . Has anyone tried those windshield repair kits from Advance and Autozone? Its a small chip but a chip nontheless. I just want to know if those kits can fix it or make it worse.

LEX-IS300 11-06-07 09:44 AM

I had the same problem last year.. As far as I know those kits don't work. I was at one of those car stores and sells person reffered me to some guy that fixed my windshield for $50.00 hey it might be more expensive but at least it is professionally done.

MadTweaked 11-06-07 11:29 PM

Originally Posted by LEX-IS300 (Post 3037275)
I had the same problem last year.. As far as I know those kits don't work. I was at one of those car stores and sells person reffered me to some guy that fixed my windshield for $50.00 hey it might be more expensive but at least it is professionally done.

can't think of any shops that work on windshields etc... do u have any idea if Lexus or Toyota will fix it? or will they just replace the whole thing? $50 isnt bad. its just annoying cause i know where its at and i keep looking at it :sad: i also dont want it to start cracking.

LEX-IS300 11-07-07 07:50 AM

Originally Posted by MadTweaked (Post 3039149)
can't think of any shops that work on windshields etc... do u have any idea if Lexus or Toyota will fix it? or will they just replace the whole thing? $50 isnt bad. its just annoying cause i know where its at and i keep looking at it :sad: i also dont want it to start cracking.

You can call and check they might fix it, but I am not sure... I checked so many shops in Chicago land area but everyone said I have to replace my windshield :sad:. I think Lexus dealer should have someone who can fix that.

wildrice09 11-07-07 12:15 PM

How big is the chip? If it is smaller than a dollar bill than a company like Safelite auto glass can fix it for you. I would probably not go to Lexus cuz they will charge you an arm and a leg to repair it. Try calling your insurance company to see if you have glass coverage on your car.

I had big chip in my windshield that spread like wildfire and my insurance took care of everything for me.

MadTweaked 11-07-07 09:39 PM

Originally Posted by wildrice09 (Post 3040228)
How big is the chip? If it is smaller than a dollar bill than a company like Safelite auto glass can fix it for you. I would probably not go to Lexus cuz they will charge you an arm and a leg to repair it. Try calling your insurance company to see if you have glass coverage on your car.

I had big chip in my windshield that spread like wildfire and my insurance took care of everything for me.

Its a very small chip. Not even the size of a dime. You wouldnt notice it if you didnt know it was there.

wildrice09 11-08-07 01:32 PM

Then you can definately find a windshield repair shop that could fix it.

YoshRX300 11-08-07 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by wildrice09 (Post 3040228)

Yep hes 100% right. I called my insurance " GEICO " they sent Safelite out to my house and repaired free of charge. Call insurance co. before taking it to someone to charge you.

Caoboy 11-08-07 01:37 PM

safelite is good stuff. they replaced my windshield for $208 and did it in 38 minutes. fricken awesome.

white430s 08-02-16 08:52 AM

Windshield Repair/Replace

Many states require your insurance company to repair or replace the windsheild only without a deductable charge to you under your comprehensive coverage.