IS - 1st Gen (2001-2005) Discussion about the IS models up to the 2005 model

What's the record for IS 300 spottings in your area ?

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-01, 08:31 AM
lexusnexus
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool

Not counting car shows, in one day, what's your record for seeing or spotting another IS 300 parked or driving ?

There a silver one in my neighborhood, and occasionally see it. And on a good day I'll see 3-4.

I see stupid TL-S and non Type S TL's all friggin day long, the have a cool engine....but they suck for exterior design, I also have a 2001 Accord V6 EX 4 door in my garage....it look's just like the TL....really want to sell the Acccord for a GS, but need to wait awhile.
Old 07-04-01, 08:45 AM
Mike D
Driver School Candidate

I actually enjoy the fact that there are very few IS's around my way. I see Fairuza11's all the time, but rarely anyone else. Makes me feel special.
Old 07-04-01, 04:43 PM
mjdart
Driver

Default Lots of 'em

This is Lexusville, I saw at least 5 IS's driving into work today. Also saw 2 new LS430's. As far as RX's every third SUV I see is a 300!
Old 07-05-01, 12:21 AM
Onyx300

A couple of weeks ago, I drove to San Francisco. I parked in this garage, and as I drove down through the levels, I saw 4 IS300's. Pretty amazing. There was another Black IS with a really nice body kit and LED in the front. The others all looked stock. I walked up a few levels to go look at the modified IS (very clean). Anyway, I was pretty shocked to see so many in one garage. I thought maybe it was an IS300.net Fast and Furious get together.
Old 07-05-01, 05:56 AM
Mike D
Driver School Candidate

Default Many Many

There are a ton of other Lexi (is that the plural? ) in my area, just not a lot of IS300's. Dunno why they aren't catching on out here, but again, I like being one of only two that I see regularly. Warm fuzzies for me.
Old 07-05-01, 07:21 AM
dpatterson069
Pole Position

where i live, LA CANADA, ( near pasadena/ glendale.. CA) everyone drives either a LEXUS, BMW, CADALLAC, or MERCEDES...there are also those rich rich rich people that have like FERRARIS and VIPERS AND STUFF..our city has a HUGE FERRARI CLUB..like 50 of them.
in one day, i saw about 10 IS's, but mine is the ONLY YELLOW ONE!! EVERYONE ELSE HAS THE silver, green or blue..
Old 07-05-01, 01:26 PM
SeattleSheila
Rookie

My record for one day is 3.
Seen a lot of white and black, a couple of silver and one Auburn Sky Pearl. FINALLY saw another SBM on the road a couple of weeks ago.
Old 07-05-01, 02:45 PM
Eaglecomm
Driver School Candidate

I don't see very many here in Atlanta. One guy has one here at work, but it so dirty! I think it was silver when he drove it off the lot...now it is graphite like mine!
I hardly ever see ISs here though. Usually about 3/week, which I like..it makes mine stand out more!
Old 07-05-01, 05:01 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Hmm.. I think the most I have seen in one day is 3 here in Toronto (Mostly Silver) but I haven't seen anyone with that Auburn Sky colour (Very different color to say the least).. For the IS owners with the Spectra Blue how is your paint holding up??

On my GS I find its a high maintenance color but it looks so sweet..
Old 07-06-01, 07:52 AM
SeattleSheila
Rookie

Originally posted by 2SAVVY
Hmm... For the IS owners with the Spectra Blue how is your paint holding up??

On my GS I find its a high maintenance color but it looks so sweet..
Well, ya gotta wash it a lot, but it looks so good! I have a couple of paint chips (only one on the hood and thankfully, that one is tiny) and two light scratches in the clear coat. (I LOVE cats, but not the owners who let them out to sit on people's cars.) I have 7100 miles on it now. Had the car since late September '00. At the 10K mile service I'm going to have them touch up the paint, polish out the scratches and apply another layer of clear coat.
Old 07-06-01, 08:19 AM
vlad_a

3 around here.

But I saw 2 in Aruba. :eek: Now, that is a relatively small island.
Old 07-06-01, 01:44 PM
2SAVVY
Lexus Champion

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally posted by SeattleSheila

Well, ya gotta wash it a lot, but it looks so good! I have a couple of paint chips (only one on the hood and thankfully, that one is tiny) and two light scratches in the clear coat. (I LOVE cats, but not the owners who let them out to sit on people's cars.) I have 7100 miles on it now. Had the car since late September '00. At the 10K mile service I'm going to have them touch up the paint, polish out the scratches and apply another layer of clear coat.
Thanks Sheila for the reply.. I can relate to washing my car alot too.. At least once a week for me sometimes 2.. If it isn't clean I feel bad driving it.. LOL.. Anyways you'll find the SBM touch-up paint that your dealer will use will be a bit darker than your car's color.. When I took possession of my GS they gave me a bottle.. Winter really took a toll on the front end and I ended up getting a nose bra.. Hopefully the front of your car will hold up better than mine..
Old 07-06-01, 02:13 PM
SeattleSheila
Rookie

2savvy: Fortunately, they don't salt roads here in the winter, so I should be able to keep the car looking realtively good if I keep after it. Even if it snows, they only use sand. Hmmm, if the touch up paint is darker, could that be because one is applying it on a car that is already weathered? Maybe I'll leave that tiny chip on the hood alone and just clear coat over it. The other two are actually showing white...but are in less obvious places.
Of course, I could always save up for a four-year birthday present for the car: New paint all over.
Old 07-06-01, 03:15 PM
anthracitetarga
Lexus Champion

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The most ive seen around my parts is 1/day. However, i have seen 3 different ones....a blue, silver, and smoke gray w/ chrome . I personally would get the yellow or blue
Old 07-06-01, 08:45 PM
Gromit
Driver School Candidate

I don't see many here in southeastern Michigan. If I see another one on the road I am suprised. I know they are selling but I don't see many. I have had mine for nearly two months and have seen 5 or 6 others on that road in that time.

Quick Reply: What's the record for IS 300 spottings in your area ?