Its possible to do donuts or burnouts in hybrid ? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > GS Models > GS - 3rd Gen (2006-2011) > Hybrid Technology
Its possible to do donuts or burnouts in hybrid ? >

Its possible to do donuts or burnouts in hybrid ?

Notices
Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Its possible to do donuts or burnouts in hybrid ?

Old 03-10-19, 03:45 PM
rryba
Driver School Candidate

Default Its possible to do donuts or burnouts in hybrid ?

Hi, I am looking for GS for me and I am thinking about 450h one since 350 is no available in Poland. I saw some post about disabling entirely traction control but its pretty hard to find some info about how much disabled tc is enabling to do.
Old 03-11-19, 03:29 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

There is a hybrid maintenance mode that turns everything off. You risk damage to the transmission due to the electric motor torque. It's a pedal dance. I don't quite remember the procedure but it did not seem difficult. Use at your risk. I'll try and update with the pedal dance.

Step 1: Set Ign switch to "ON" not ready (power button twice no brake)
Step 2: While in "P" fully depress gas pedal twice.
Step 3: Select "N" fully depress gas pedal twice.
Step 4: Select "P" Fully depress gas pedal twice.
LCD should come up as "Maintenance mode"
Step 5: Start engine (Brake +Start button)

Step 6: At your own risk, have fun I guess.

NOTE: Warning: The shop manual states in no uncertain terms must the car be driven like this as damage to the transmission could occur due to tc being fully disabled.

Last edited by rl9010; 03-11-19 at 03:42 PM.
Old 03-12-19, 12:49 AM
rryba
Driver School Candidate

Do not the all GS gen3 reqiure 'pedal dance' to totaly off tracton controll ? Does effect of pd are diffrent based on pertol and hybrid model or both enters maintenance mode? I am just want t be sure becouse maintenance mode just sounds bad On the other hand, do you find drivig hybrid enjoying and quite fun?
Old 03-12-19, 08:29 AM
Lwerewolf
Driver School Candidate

Don't get this car for donuts/powerslides/etc. You can disable TC, and there are LSDs available (torsen transplant detailed at the russian lexus forums or cusco RS from what I've seen, all involve grinding), but the throttle response can be maddening. In addition, the ability of the inverter to withstand sudden RPM changes from the electric motors is unknown. Google BackEMF.

I've been powersliding in the snow, but I watch the speedo to make sure that it doesn't exceed 60-70kph. Dry asphalt is something else entirely. I mean, there are clips of the gs450h doing donuts on youtube… it's your call.

Again, no stock LSD. The cusco looks to be a $1.5k upgrade, haven't seen any opinions on it.
Old 03-12-19, 02:54 PM
mcomer
Lexus Champion

USA spec models you can press the TC button briefly to defeat TC and/or press and hold the button to defeat Stability Control and TC.
Old 03-12-19, 03:37 PM
rl9010
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by mcomer View Post
USA spec models you can press the TC button briefly to defeat TC and/or press and hold the button to defeat Stability Control and TC.
Doesn't quite turn off all the way...unless in maintenance mode. But yes, this is true.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: