ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid Technology (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybrid-technology-215/)
-   -   Its possible to do donuts or burnouts in hybrid ? (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybrid-technology/913626-its-possible-to-do-donuts-or-burnouts-in-hybrid.html)

rryba 03-10-19 03:45 PM

Its possible to do donuts or burnouts in hybrid ?

Hi, I am looking for GS for me and I am thinking about 450h one since 350 is no available in Poland. I saw some post about disabling entirely traction control but its pretty hard to find some info about how much disabled tc is enabling to do.

rl9010 03-11-19 03:29 PM

There is a hybrid maintenance mode that turns everything off. You risk damage to the transmission due to the electric motor torque. It's a pedal dance. I don't quite remember the procedure but it did not seem difficult. Use at your risk. I'll try and update with the pedal dance.

Step 1: Set Ign switch to "ON" not ready (power button twice no brake)
Step 2: While in "P" fully depress gas pedal twice.
Step 3: Select "N" fully depress gas pedal twice.
Step 4: Select "P" Fully depress gas pedal twice.
LCD should come up as "Maintenance mode"
Step 5: Start engine (Brake +Start button)

Step 6: At your own risk, have fun I guess.

NOTE: Warning: The shop manual states in no uncertain terms must the car be driven like this as damage to the transmission could occur due to tc being fully disabled.

rryba 03-12-19 12:49 AM

Do not the all GS gen3 reqiure 'pedal dance' to totaly off tracton controll ? Does effect of pd are diffrent based on pertol and hybrid model or both enters maintenance mode? I am just want t be sure becouse maintenance mode just sounds bad :) On the other hand, do you find drivig hybrid enjoying and quite fun?

Lwerewolf 03-12-19 08:29 AM

Don't get this car for donuts/powerslides/etc. You can disable TC, and there are LSDs available (torsen transplant detailed at the russian lexus forums or cusco RS from what I've seen, all involve grinding), but the throttle response can be maddening. In addition, the ability of the inverter to withstand sudden RPM changes from the electric motors is unknown. Google BackEMF.

I've been powersliding in the snow, but I watch the speedo to make sure that it doesn't exceed 60-70kph. Dry asphalt is something else entirely. I mean, there are clips of the gs450h doing donuts on youtube… it's your call.

Again, no stock LSD. The cusco looks to be a $1.5k upgrade, haven't seen any opinions on it.

mcomer 03-12-19 02:54 PM

USA spec models you can press the TC button briefly to defeat TC and/or press and hold the button to defeat Stability Control and TC.

rl9010 03-12-19 03:37 PM

Originally Posted by mcomer (Post 10465013)
USA spec models you can press the TC button briefly to defeat TC and/or press and hold the button to defeat Stability Control and TC.

Doesn't quite turn off all the way...unless in maintenance mode. But yes, this is true.

clarc9595 11-02-19 02:14 PM

uea dont put it in OD 2nd should do it, and brake torque it (hold the brake while giving it throttle causing the torque converter to struggle against the brakes and relese while keeping on the gas, kinda like dropping the clutch on a standard)

Kodi Lucky Patcher nox