80k miles - maintenance needed - thoughts? - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

80k miles - maintenance needed - thoughts?

Old 01-02-19, 08:42 AM
desmo907
Rookie

Default 80k miles - maintenance needed - thoughts?

2013 450h approaching 80k miles and running great. (Bought new in 2013.)

I usually take to dealer for routine maintenance but that consists of oil change and rotating tires. I can change filters, wipers, etc. myself.

But is there anything else I should maybe have the dealer examine/do at this mileage?
(Still have original brakes and battery.)

(Book notes some things to torque, etc. but does brake fluid really need to be changed, etc.)?

Thx in advance!

PS. I love the vehicle. Never use on-board computer for mileage (it is not accurate) but do my own calculations and run ~28-30 mpg in summer (mix of fast highway and city in ECO mode) and ~4 mpg less in winter. Car could use some improvements especially the driver seat (for 190lb man).
Old 01-02-19, 10:25 AM
salimshah

Do the items that the book says, including brake fluid.

Rest is all optional.

There are /suspension nuts and bolts that need to checked. They are marked in the maintenance manual. May be some one can post an image with torques.

Salim
Old 01-11-19, 03:00 PM
vlad_a
Lexus Champion

Brake fluid is a bit overdue.
Check sliding pins on front calipers - they have to be lubricated if the vehicle is operated in the rust belt.
That's the only "major" issue I had with my Lexus vehicles of the past.
Old 01-11-19, 05:02 PM
ukrkoz
Lexus Test Driver

Caliper pins have to be moved or lubricated once a year.
You have hybrid. Change ATF in PSD and rear differential. Yes, it's not "required" but is due anyway.

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: