Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Can not move the vehicle

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-18, 09:39 PM
shamilshaa
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Can not move the vehicle

when I start the vehicle and put for D and try to accelerate. it is not moving or racing at all.
may I know the faults and solution for this
Old 10-12-18, 09:21 AM
MadDane
Rookie

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Dead Hybrid Battery Pack?
Old 10-12-18, 12:32 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Received 224 Likes on 201 Posts

Simple question. Do you have READY green light in the dash? It is common silly mistake to not press and hold Start button enough to get to READY.
Does your hybrid battery meter show full charge or any charge over 2 bars?
Do you have any warning lights in the dash?
Otherwise, if it's all good, accelerator pedal sensor is not telling computer that you actually want to drive. Or, gear shifter sensor is not telling computer that you are in D.
Old 10-12-18, 03:34 PM
rlnelson5
Driver School Candidate

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Hi All I have the same problem Car is stuck at wife's work 2007 Lexus RX 400h
Turn car on, turn to start ,ready light flashes for a second then off/ check eng light on says P/S
and the middle section lower by odometer had a picture of the hybrid battery about 3/4 full
on the trans selector dial ABS BRAKE Anti skid icon and a info exclamation mark in a circle
I have a scanner that can do global OBD2 Lexus enhanced and abs
I checked for codes in all 3 systems and had no codes
Checked 12 v battery and put jumper power pack on to make sure had enough 12v
I had a abs code for the rh front sensor previously so I removed it and cleaned it and the pad and cleared code.
I also have changed trans fluid with WS fluid on front and rear trans
Any ideas on what to do next ?

Last edited by rlnelson5; 10-13-18 at 05:27 PM.
Old 10-13-18, 03:01 PM
rlnelson5
Driver School Candidate

We got car going !!!!! We had took two different battery jumper packs and tried both today no luck Tried with both jumper packs still no luck voltage with both packs 12.6 v Still no luck About to call dealer Finally thought we could try and jump car with my car Hooked up and connected with jumper cables and were talking in car about 5-8 minutes Then wife tried car and it worked!!!!! Got car home with no lights When right to Sams Club and bought new battery Works Fine no engine lights Yea!!!
The following users liked this post:
JimmyRX350 (01-11-22)
Old 10-14-18, 12:41 PM
rlnelson5
Driver School Candidate

Hello HELP!!!!!!! Believe it or not the same problem has come up again Wife is stuck at Target Same issue as before with all warning lights and no ready light Checked brand new battery and it was at 12.5 v Tried to jump car as before with no luck
Old 10-14-18, 05:45 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Head to dealer. It needs to be diagnosed.
12V is charged off hybrid battery. You have an issue somewhere in electronics.
Thing is, those cars do not like 12 being "just replaced". Sometimes it ends in confetti of warning lights in the dash.
So try this, just for the hey of it.
1. Do 3 consecutive Start/Shut down cycles in a row. Who knows, gods might be merciful
2. Pull ECM fuse out for about 15 min and re insert. I think it's number 10 fuse. Look at the back of the fuse box... Find any fuse that says ECM or ECU, one at a time, pull out/ re insert.

Sucks... Sorry...
Old 10-14-18, 06:59 PM
rlnelson5
Driver School Candidate

Hi I was careful changing battery Terminals had some corrosion so I had to clean them. Reset windows and sunroof
While I had 12v battery out I also cleaned all of the battery tray, cover and even took out bottom tray and cleaned underneath it
The car had a lead acid battery installed instead of a AGM battery which It now has.
. Dont know if your theory worked but we did go back and try again with the intention of calling our insurance for a tow to dealer
. Car started after jumping and multiple tries
We had wrote up history and was going to leave in car as tow driver would leave the car in front of service bay
Now it is home and after an 2 hrs went out and tried car again and it started Will try again in 2 hrs and again tomorrow
If happens again I think dealer is warranted
Wondering if possible a ignition switch?
Old 10-15-18, 01:48 PM
ukrkoz
Racer

Well, that's because those are MUST have deep cycle battery. Not just any lead acid battery. Older models had battery in the engine bay, so if it's AGM or not, was not much difference but then it was moved to the trunk, so AGM is basically a necessity.
Old 10-17-18, 12:45 PM
rlnelson5
Driver School Candidate

Hello We are still having this problem but I might have found what caused the problem
We had the issue as above where all dash lights on no ready light
We tried the 3 turn key trick and the ECM reset but no luck
Key seems fine Tried 2 diff keys ignition cylinder seems tight no play
The thing is I found by accident is that if I push Transmission Lever going into park hard It will make the ready light come on
If you push it lightly into park It will not turn the ready light on
So my question is their a park switch or cable or some other adjustment and how to access it ?
Old 10-18-18, 05:22 PM
mnewxcv
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Originally Posted by rlnelson5
Hello We are still having this problem but I might have found what caused the problem
We had the issue as above where all dash lights on no ready light
We tried the 3 turn key trick and the ECM reset but no luck
Key seems fine Tried 2 diff keys ignition cylinder seems tight no play
The thing is I found by accident is that if I push Transmission Lever going into park hard It will make the ready light come on
If you push it lightly into park It will not turn the ready light on
So my question is their a park switch or cable or some other adjustment and how to access it ?
interesting discovery. On most cars this is called a neutral safety switch, which allows the car to start only in park or neutral. I will check to see what I can find regarding the 400h.
Old 10-18-18, 05:29 PM
mnewxcv
Lead Lap

Received 53 Likes on 46 Posts

Found a few things for you to check.

daddiojigg (01-10-22)
Old 01-10-22, 01:51 PM
daddiojigg
Advanced

Received 47 Likes on 43 Posts

Well, It's been a few years but IT'S BACK !!! Damn cold outside, can't budge it to get it in my heated garage. Tomorrow is SUPPOSED to be warmer. Fingers crossed !!
Old 01-11-22, 04:54 PM
iMSQ
Instructor

Received 218 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by daddiojigg
Well, It's been a few years but IT'S BACK !!! Damn cold outside, can't budge it to get it in my heated garage. Tomorrow is SUPPOSED to be warmer. Fingers crossed !!
do you use parking brake?
Old 01-12-22, 04:01 PM
myw
Pit Crew

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

your shifter cable may need replacing - a way to squeeze more life out of the cable without getting it swapped is to make sure the shift linkage under the vehicle is sprayed via wd-40 (something similar)

Originally Posted by daddiojigg
daddiojigg (01-13-22)

Quick Reply: Can not move the vehicle