Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Check Hybrid System warning after accidental 12V battery drain

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-18, 02:46 AM
kizibo
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Check Hybrid System warning after accidental 12V battery drain

Hello.,
I recently got a GS450H. Unfortunately, during windows tinting the technician had forgotten to leave the car on for about for hours and the battery got drained.
recharged the 12V battery and the car turned on okay.
After the switching on i plugged in a standard OBD2 reader and it showed two Hybrid related codes (camshaft and oxygen Sensors )., I replaced the sensor with another GS350 that are in working condition but the codes are still there. And my sensors when placed in GS350 didn't throw any errors, and the check hybrid system warning is still there. SO the sensors seem like a false flag.

What could be the issue?

I have also noticed that the dashboard for Hybrid seems non responsive.,

Notice that the Arrow on the left is not between Charge and Eco where it should be.,

The car drives okay., i am getting around 14km/l highway and less than 9km/l city with full AC on.,

Previously i used to have nice animations as per Lexus manual. This has since stopped., I only get animations for about 2 minutes when i first switch the car on., once the battery depletes the animation are gone for good.

What Could be the issue? Anyone faced similar issue before?

Otherwise the car really is a joy to drive.
Old 09-27-18, 08:19 AM
Piton1
Driver School Candidate

I am having the exact same issue. Any info would be greatly appreciated.
My car is also is Japanese, making it difficult to navigate on screen functions.

I actually have five warning lights on recently after washing and the arrow on POWER/ECO/CHARGE is no longer between Eco and charge.
Old 10-16-18, 04:02 PM
lexus1231
Driver School Candidate

I just got my car smog checked at the Shell gas station. The technician had me press the gas many times and full blast AC. Everything is OK but that was unusual compare with the previous smog the last few years. Anyways, when I left the station, I noticed an alert on my dashboard "check hybrid system." Evertthing seems normal, the car still drives like normal. I think this alert is an error. How can I clear this?
Old 10-16-18, 06:27 PM
vap3
Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

well until you cold soak the car and then check 12 volt charge to see if it holds a charge, if not I'd get a new battery. Unfortunately it doesn't take much to destroy the battery, I would never ever use accessory mode in a hybrid ever. Just leave ready mode on with the ebrake up if they ever have to work on your car minus if your doing actual maintenance.
Old 10-30-18, 09:43 AM
kizibo
Driver School Candidate

SO i had tech-stream do a scan, Here are the strange errors. I had these two sensors swapped, still the same error pops up.

all the info from the hybrid system check. does anyone see anything off?

Old 11-07-18, 04:45 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Lucky the crank position sensor is cheap.

If you have a scanner tool you can read the code for the hybrid check light, reset the hybrid light and see if it comes back on again.
Old 11-21-18, 04:42 AM
kizibo
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by samsonn25
Lucky the crank position sensor is cheap.

If you have a scanner tool you can read the code for the hybrid check light, reset the hybrid light and see if it comes back on again.
Apparently the sensors are not at fault. we replaced them but the errors are still there. So something else is causing the sensors to throw these errors. Yet we dont know what they are.
Anyone with insights as to what can cause the errors? also it returns about 7km/L which seems a poor.
Old 07-14-19, 05:15 AM
samsonn25
Intermediate

Received 47 Likes on 41 Posts

Are you saying you cant erase the codes, or you did and they came back?