Considering a Used Rx450h - Regrets? - Page 2 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Notices
Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Considering a Used Rx450h - Regrets?

Old 09-19-18, 10:12 AM
MellonC00
Lead Lap

so, then, why are considering another RX given your seat issues?
Old 09-19-18, 10:32 PM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by MellonC00 View Post
so, then, why are considering another RX given your seat issues?
Because I adapted to the sport suspension after a couple of weeks of driving. And it's been fine.

For the seats that are heated/cooled - which is not an option that I special-ordered - I had hoped that they'd improved after the first couple of model years. Remember that I ordered a 2010 MY. And the loaner was probably a 2012 or 2013; I was hoping y'all would tell me that Lexus had fixed it with the 2013+ models....

Well, hell. ;(
Old 09-22-18, 02:31 PM
Gottspd
Driver School Candidate

I love my RX450H and I'm coming from a Jeep GC SRT, so a completely different vehicle. I have gotten 30MPG on a tank before (nearly 450 miles before I stopped to fuel, but I was having a fun Seinfeld experience of running it as far as I could). I regularly got 400+ on a tank or would if I didn't refuel. I find the seats to be excellent and I love how whisper quiet it is. Highly recommend the RX450H. What's the asking price on the '13 you're looking at?
Old 09-23-18, 09:47 AM
Sandi_k
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Gottspd View Post
I love my RX450H and I'm coming from a Jeep GC SRT, so a completely different vehicle. I have gotten 30MPG on a tank before (nearly 450 miles before I stopped to fuel, but I was having a fun Seinfeld experience of running it as far as I could). I regularly got 400+ on a tank or would if I didn't refuel. I find the seats to be excellent and I love how whisper quiet it is. Highly recommend the RX450H. What's the asking price on the '13 you're looking at?
Thanks for the reply.

I was able to drive a 2013 RX450h yesterday, and its seats were fine in terms of cushioning. Maybe it's an assembly defect for some specific cars?

The one that Carmax is bringing north is a 2013, with 18k miles. Price is $30,998. So I'll be able to test drive it, and inspect the seats personally.
Old 09-24-18, 11:52 AM
Rosscoe83
Driver School Candidate

Update on my gas mileage. This past weekend, I drove from VA to NY. Stopped on the Jersey Turnpike and topped off. While driving 70+ mph on cruise control, I got to my destination and my dash showed 30.3 mpg since fill up. Same thing on the drive home. For some reason my 450h gets better mileage on the highway than in the city and that is while driving 70-75 so I can't complain. I always like to point this out to my coworker who has a Honda Pilot and gets 15 mpg.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: