Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 4GS forum for discussion about shared components with other fourth generation GS models.

Looked @ 2013 GS450h Luxury pkg w/9,000 miles today

Old 10-31-15, 07:58 PM
FLYCT

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts
Default Looked @ 2013 GS450h Luxury pkg w/9,000 miles today

Sorry for the long posting.

I drove about 2 hrs one way to check out a newly listed 2013 GS450h at CarMax in Naples Florida with only 9,000 original miles. They had it listed for $40,900 plus $595 dealer fee. Price not negotiable at CarMax.

On the way to CarMax I stopped at the local Lexus dealer to see how much they would pay to buy my 2008 SC430 outright. They offered $24k cash. From experience I could usually get them to bump it up another $500-$1,000.

I then went to CarMax and let them appraise my car while I test drove the low mileage GS450h they put on the lot 3 days ago.

First impressions. It was Nebula Gray w/Flaxen luxury pkg leather seats. The exterior of the car was filthy. In addition it had several 4-6" surface scratches on the rt front fender that looked like they could easily have been buffed out. The rear bumper cover was scratched and had a few small dents.

The seats were very comfortable, especially when compared to the 2015 standard seats in a GS I sat in at the Lexus dealer earlier in the day.

I asked about the scratches and bumper cover dents the sales gal said they would only attempt to buff out the scratches but they would not do anything further to the paint nor would they repair the Bumper cover.

Then we went inside to review the appraisal of my SC430. The first thing she said was "don't take this personally, it's just business. We use average auction prices to set appraisal value and only rate condition as OK or Not OK."

Their offer for my SC430 was $21k, $3k less than the Lexus dealer offered earlier in the

At $21k-$24k trade in offer, my wife said just keep the SC and buy a GSh outright. We said thanks but no thanks and walked away.

I'm still on the lookout for a pristine 2013 GS450h with a minimum;
  • Luxury pkg
  • Blind Spot monitor
  • Mark Levinson Audio.
  • I would also like Dynamic Radar cruise but I haven't seen one in any GS450h's advertised for sale.
Most cars that meet my requirements seem to be original west coast cars. From my research there may only have been 200 or so built like this of the approx 1,000 2013 GSh's.
If anyone has a lead on a nice one let me know.

Last edited by FLYCT; 10-31-15 at 10:07 PM.
Old 11-01-15, 08:42 AM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Thanks for the followup post. It looked like a pretty nice vehicle from the link you had sent me, but then again.. you can't really tell unless you, yourself, go check it out or test someone to check it out.

Did you get a chance to drive it? What were your initial impressions? It is the type of car you're after based on the driving dynamics?

Good luck with your search! You might just have to get the car shipped, like I did with mine, because I wasn't able to find a used one that meet everything that I wanted within the region.

Anyway, all the best! You may have to be patient for one to come up that you like.. I was searching for a good 2-3 months until the one that I liked came up. Please keep us updated on your progress.

~ Im2bz2p345

Last edited by Im2bz2p345; 11-01-15 at 08:19 PM.
Old 11-01-15, 04:11 PM
Tom450
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Are you checking auto trader? They have quite a few but maybe not with all the options you want. I got a few scratches on mine from parking lots and the local Lexus dealer had someone come in one day a week to fix these. I had the rear bumper painted there for a little over $300. Looks brand new.
Where in Florida are you? I am close to Melbourne.
Old 11-01-15, 06:59 PM
FLYCT

Tom,

Yes, I've checked autotrader cargurus.com cars.com edmunds etc.

We're in Sarasota area, on west coast Florida.

Today we took a trip to offlease.com in Orlando. Not a pretty car lot. Everything they sell us as is. It was packed. There must have been 30 customers packed into the small building. When I called to check to see if the GS450hs were still there the sales guy told me to bring a copy of a recent pay stub with me if I wanted them to finance it. I'm not a snob but I guess they don't get too many customers with my 835 FICO score.

They have 2 2013 SC430s priced right at $31,999 with no dealer fee. A black one w//Tan interior and a Red one w/Tan interior. Both had repainted rear bumper cover which was obvious. I took the black one for a ride. It rode well. Black is a great color when clean and polished but it gets dirty too quickly and it takes too much work to keep it nice. Both cars had scratches down the sides that probobly could be buffed out. Neither of these had luxury pkg but they had ML audio.

I'm really looking for one with Luxury package. I'm not in a rush. In fact every month I wait prices go down about $400-$500 due to depreciation. My perfect fit would be a low mileage 2013-2014 GS450h in White Pearl with either Flaxen or Black Luxury interior in like new condition.

Still looking ✌
Old 11-01-15, 07:28 PM
Tom450
Driver

Received 15 Likes on 9 Posts

Looking at the car fax from a lot of the GSH's for sale, I see quite a few were sold at auction. I wonder if your local lexus dealer could find what you want at the auctions? Just a thought. Regardless,
it is worth waiting to get the one you want. Great car!!!
Old 11-02-15, 02:48 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
Tom,

Yes, I've checked autotrader cargurus.com cars.com edmunds etc.

We're in Sarasota area, on west coast Florida.

Today we took a trip to offlease.com in Orlando. Not a pretty car lot. Everything they sell us as is. It was packed. There must have been 30 customers packed into the small building. When I called to check to see if the GS450hs were still there the sales guy told me to bring a copy of a recent pay stub with me if I wanted them to finance it. I'm not a snob but I guess they don't get too many customers with my 835 FICO score.

They have 2 2013 SC430s priced right at $31,999 with no dealer fee. A black one w//Tan interior and a Red one w/Tan interior. Both had repainted rear bumper cover which was obvious. I took the black one for a ride. It rode well. Black is a great color when clean and polished but it gets dirty too quickly and it takes too much work to keep it nice. Both cars had scratches down the sides that probobly could be buffed out. Neither of these had luxury pkg but they had ML audio.

I'm really looking for one with Luxury package. I'm not in a rush. In fact every month I wait prices go down about $400-$500 due to depreciation. My perfect fit would be a low mileage 2013-2014 GS450h in White Pearl with either Flaxen or Black Luxury interior in like new condition.

Still looking ✌

This is my experience with OffLeaseOnly

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/gs-...-question.html

Every car that they have on the lot has been in an accident. If it doesn't list that it's been in an accident.. then it was at least most likely in a small accident.. like a fender bender. Doesn't feel like it, but I think I was lucky to get the car that I did because the other one that I was looking at was in much worse condition.

I'm still waiting on my check for the keyfob.. you're probably going to have to get the car shipped because our cars are pretty rare. Especially if you're looking for one in pristine condition.

Last edited by Prinny; 11-02-15 at 02:53 PM.
Old 11-02-15, 09:32 PM
FLYCT

Prinny,

I went to offleaseonly on Sunday. It was getting dark so it was hard to get a good look at the cosmetics. I drove a black 2013. It drove perfectly.

The rear bumper cover had been repainted on the vehicle. You could feel where they taped it before spraying it.

The car was absolutely filthy. There were some scratches along the passenger side like it was scraped by some bushes. You couldn't feel the scratches.

The price was right $31,997 with no dealer fees.

Thought about it overnight and came to my senses that black was not a good color in Florida. Plus it would be too difficult to keep clean.

We have 2 very nice Lexus vehicles, a new RX450h and a mint red 2008 SC430.

What I did today will surprise everyone.

Today 11/2 is considered the end of the month by most car manufacturers. i spent about 4 hours on the phone negotiating with 5 Nissan dealers on a Nissan Leaf, electric. Cut a deal very late in the afternoon and as of Midnight tonight we have one in the garage.

We bought it from a dealer 120 miles away from home. The range of the car is 100 miles. We left the dealer at 9 pm and 70 miles later stopped at another Nissan dealer which was closed. They have a free plug in charger available 24/7. We left it being charged and got something to eat. Then we returned and made the remainder of the trip home with 15 miles range to spare. There are lots of free chargers around here.

It's the top of the line SL version in Pearl White with black leather. It has Navigation, fast charger capability, Bose Stereo etc. this will be our around town transportation.

Negotiated $7,000 off MSRP,plus a $6,000 rebate applied as down payment. Plus we get a $7,500 tax credit back from Uncle Sam April 15th.
Old 11-02-15, 09:52 PM
Im2bz2p345
Instructor

Received 207 Likes on 142 Posts

Originally Posted by FLYCT
What I did today will surprise everyone.

phone negotiating with 5 Nissan dealers on a Nissan Leaf, electric. Cut a deal very late in the afternoon and as of Midnight tonight we have one in the garage.

I guess that's the first time I've heard someone go from shopping for a Lexus GS450h to a Nissan Leaf (all electric), lol.

Anyway, sounds like you scored one heck of a deal. Hope the Leaf gives you and your family a lot of trouble free miles.

If you ever want more power, luxury, sportiness, etc.. the GS450h will be waiting for you sir Or perhaps if you want to stay all electric, maybe shop for a Tesla Model 3 in 2017! That sounds like a great car for you.

Enjoy,

~ Im2bz2p345
Old 11-02-15, 10:08 PM
Prinny
Pole Position

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Ugh I should have wait a bit longer to make my purchase -__-.. seems like they lowered the price even more on those 450hs.

Very unexpected outcome haha, but glad you got a good deal on something that you like!
Old 11-05-15, 09:51 PM
1fuzzybk
Rookie

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Prinny
Ugh I should have wait a bit longer to make my purchase -__-.. seems like they lowered the price even more on those 450hs.

Very unexpected outcome haha, but glad you got a good deal on something that you like!
Yeah with the falling gas prices it's not making the Hybrid look all that appealing. I still love mine and would have taken it over a GS350 even if gas was .99 / gallon just because of the features.
Old 11-09-15, 06:31 PM
allivant
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

wtf, GS to Leaf? ha very unexpected
Old 11-11-15, 07:27 AM
WhyNotMe01
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Good luck with the Leaf.