ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid Technology (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybrid-technology-213/)
-   -   2015 RX450h Brake Actuator (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybrid-technology/776206-2015-rx450h-brake-actuator.html)

drewcam888 03-06-15 04:32 PM

2015 RX450h Brake Actuator

My less than 7000 miles RX started making noise when I pushed the brake pedal. Evidently it sounded like the "LS brake squawk" according to service foreman. Current west coast port closings/delays is delaying my replacement part. I was just curious if anyone else had had this problem. Not sure if the actuator is same in all RXs.

dadcat1 03-06-15 09:38 PM

I had the same squawk (seal barking) problem with my 2010 RX450h that the $2482.17 actuator replacement under extended warranty took care of . I think the brake actuator is only used on Toyota/Lexus hybrids. The same problem is common on the Prius too.

dkrebs 10-01-15 05:57 PM

brake barking

My 2015 450h with 7k miles has developed this problem. The dealer seems oblivious to any known issues and has bled the system with no fix. Has replacing the actuator fix the problem? Is there any information that I could pass on to my dealer, such as a tsb's?

drewcam888 10-02-15 10:48 AM

The dealer replaced what I believe they called the brake booster

hsuamara 05-18-17 11:37 AM

Lexus RX 450h Actuator ,

I need to purchase Lexus Rx450h Actuator assy brake , cylinder sub assy brake , Pump assy brake booster . Please provide me all the details and part number with pictures

hsuamara 05-18-17 11:44 AM

I was asked to replace Actuator assy brake , cylinder sub assy brake , Pump assy brake booster
my car is Lexus RX450h 2011 model . Please send me details of above parts including part number, pictures and price

salimshah 05-18-17 12:17 PM

Originally Posted by hsuamara (Post 9871607)
I was asked to replace Actuator assy brake , cylinder sub assy brake , Pump assy brake booster
my car is Lexus RX450h 2011 model . Please send me details of above parts including part number, pictures and price

Well this forum tries to help the members but it is certainly not a place to get price quotes.
I would suggest going to web site of Lexus of South Atlanta Parts and do your digging there. There may be other sources too. Your friendly Lexus dealer may be able to get you the same information and being local may charge you more.

Salim

Nauticalx 11-26-17 05:26 PM

Squeaky brake pedal

Hey folks:

I've noticed a squeak coming from the brake pedal at some times when the pedal is depressed. Lubed the hinge pin for the pedal but no effect in noise. Any one encountered this before and know what it is? Also, is it a safety issue at all?

Nauticalx 11-26-17 05:27 PM

posted here in hybrid in the event that this part is hybrid related (as we have regenerative braking system)

Nauticalx 11-30-17 06:39 PM

So, anyone know the actual culprit part? I see several (expensive) parts listed above. Which one is the actual issue and does the recommendation for the older RXes - to change the brake fluid- apply to the 2013 Rx450h?

salimshah 12-01-17 09:38 AM

Originally Posted by Nauticalx (Post 10044319)
So, anyone know the actual culprit part? I see several (expensive) parts listed above. Which one is the actual issue and does the recommendation for the older RXes - to change the brake fluid- apply to the 2013 Rx450h?

Need to narrow down the source of the noise to the actual part. Not much folks on the net can do for you ,, other than sharing their woes ,,,, [little risky way to diagnose, but it just might work]

Salim

Nauticalx 12-01-17 10:57 AM

Originally Posted by salimshah (Post 10044737)
Need to narrow down the source of the noise to the actual part. Not much folks on the net can do for you ,, other than sharing their woes ,,,, [little risky way to diagnose, but it just might work]

Salim

Thanks, definitely in the cabin the source of the noise. SO much so that I thought it was the brake pedal hinge making the noise. Lubing that did nothing. But it's definitely very close to the driver's foot. Its a rubbery squawk. Rubber on metal noise of sort.

salimshah 12-03-17 08:25 AM

Any link with steering? The grommet may need lubing.

Salim

Nauticalx 12-03-17 12:21 PM

nope, purely brake pedal pressing that causes it to chirp/bark like a seal

Droid13 12-04-17 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by Nauticalx (Post 10044817)
Thanks, definitely in the cabin the source of the noise. SO much so that I thought it was the brake pedal hinge making the noise. Lubing that did nothing. But it's definitely very close to the driver's foot. Its a rubbery squawk. Rubber on metal noise of sort.

Mine barks, has been doing so for a couple years now, but was out of warranty and when I saw the estimate (as others have stated actuator + booster), my response to the service manager was "I love seals!". I was told the two parts are changed together as an automatic process, like filter with the oil.

Happens mostly with quite firm braking, or cold weather (or some combination of the two). I can make it bark while at a standstill if I press down hard on the pedal. You mention squeeks and chirps too, mine is pure bark. And the noise is not in the cabin, I would describe the noise source as lower engine bay.