Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

GS450H check hybird warning problem with generator

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-15, 05:18 AM
rikardo82
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GS450H check hybird warning problem with generator

Hi I have lexus GS450H today got error Check hybrid system, it happened like this, I stopped started to drive then energy monitor went blank engine did not started it drive on electricity only I pressed accelerator hard enough and engine should started. I stopped, restarted hybrid system then engine started immediately (battery was 2 bars) then droved home 30 miles there was steep decent for some time battery went even to 7 bars so it charged but I expected to get it full it was ~20 mile down from 1.7KM to sea level, then when was in city noticed that hybrid did not worked as always engine all time worked even when stopped when started from complete stop also petrol engine worked, it stops only when I'm stopping releasing accelerator pedal and when car stop engine start to work again (battery was 5-6 bars at that time) I know there are charging cycles etc but no matter how long i droved it petrol engine worked all time (temperature was +16Celsius air condition off no heating etc) , for very short time when starting to drive sometimes also only electric motor only work but very short time like 10-15 seconds. Then after 10 min when I was home started car again now check hybrid warning disappeared I checked with computer I have techstream software and there was current and historical error P0A92 - hybrid generator performance I cleared that code also then test drived again and still petrol engine all time worked, now went home waited like 30-40 minutes went for test drive again this time everything was perfect petrol engine was shut down when droved in parking when accelerated gently then also it was off etc. So this time hybrid system worked perfectly fine.
Problem probably still is and I dont want to make now any unnecessary trips if something like that happens one time it most likely happen again. So what do you think is there potentially big problem ? I now think about selling that car while it still running dont want repairs costing thousands or maybe there is not so big problem?
Also want to ask if that was ok when I went downhill petrol engine obviously was off and I braked with gearbox by switching gears down I doubt its something wrong but still maybe it's not recommended to do so maybe that somehow overheated generator? Also when just returned home and car hybrid still badly worked when I switched hybrid on and engine not yet worked (it went on after 10-20 seconds) there was some ticking noise from bottom front? Is that normal? When just went for last test drive seems that noise was not so big but still was...
Car has 110000 miles serviced in lexus dealer till 90000 miles last service was done in other garage at 100000 miles I bought it very recently droved only 500 miles.
Waiting for your answers thanks