ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   Hybrid Technology (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybrid-technology-215/)
-   -   Lexus GS450h question (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hybrid-technology/638350-lexus-gs450h-question.html)

dekidex 06-04-12 06:25 AM

Lexus GS450h question

Hey Guys...
Potential buyer here of a 2008 GS450h
I ve done a search but can not seem to find specific answers....
Help would be greatly apreciated...
I believ the gas tank is 20 gallons?correct?
What is the furthest you have managed to drive on one fill up highway miles?how about combined?
The car i am looking for is nice silver on black with every option possible...Hope i get it soon.

Thanx so much for all your help.:thumbup:

alchemist 06-04-12 07:27 AM

I thought it was 17.2 but perhaps owners can chime in

neurocity 06-04-12 07:39 AM

I think 17 sounds about right. Ive never filled up over 16 though.
If I'm on the highway only I've done close to 440 miles per tank. Normal running around is more like 390ish (My weekly work commute with many stop light races and and flooring around some moron in a prius.)

My general average is 25-26 highway with some stop n go.
Beating the piss out of the car will kick that average down to 21-22. Ive never gotten below 20

They come loaded. the only real options that you could have gotten, are the active sway bars and radar cruise control, pre-crash. Those are pretty rare finds though.

Brabusx2 06-04-12 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by neurocity (Post 7274854)
If I'm on the highway only I've done close to 440 miles per tank. Normal running around is more like 390ish (My weekly work commute with many stop light races and and flooring around some moron in a prius.)

My general average is 25-26 highway with some stop n go.
Beating the piss out of the car will kick that average down to 21-22. Ive never gotten below 20

They come loaded. the only real options that you could have gotten, are the active sway bars and radar cruise control, pre-crash. Those are pretty rare finds though.

+1, i have the same car, with AC on full blast every time i drive coz of Las Vegas heat i get around 23mpg, if i do hwy driving i can get 29 easily, so my tank average now days is 350-370 and fill up 16 gal

Micholz 06-04-12 06:02 PM

Originally Posted by dekidex (Post 7274748)
Hey Guys...
Potential buyer here of a 2008 GS450h
I ve done a search but can not seem to find specific answers....
Help would be greatly apreciated...
I believ the gas tank is 20 gallons?correct?
What is the furthest you have managed to drive on one fill up highway miles?how about combined?
The car i am looking for is nice silver on black with every option possible...Hope i get it soon.

Thanx so much for all your help.:thumbup:

I just picked up a Certified Used 450h a couple of weeks ago. From what I read, it is a 17 gallon tank. I've been getting between 23 and 24 mpg however, the novelty has not worn off yet, so I have been "testing" it out more often than I probably will on a normal basis.

Awesome car, by the way, I would highly recommend it based on my limited time behind the wheel. I came out of an 2002 Acura TL which I loved but this car...whew, simply fantastic.

Good Luck.

dekidex 06-11-12 10:42 AM

Thanx°

Thank You Guys...:thumbup::)

L8Apex 06-11-12 12:33 PM

Originally Posted by neurocity (Post 7274854)

Hey, I have those options.. Now I feel even better about my car :woot:

neurocity 06-12-12 07:46 AM

Originally Posted by L8Apex (Post 7290182)
Hey, I have those options.. Now I feel even better about my car :woot:

Tell me how much you fell better when you have to fix one of those options. There is a radar module for sale in the classifieds now for $1000. Don't forget to check your suspension battery in the trunk. FYI... you have no spare. :D

2008GSh 06-12-12 02:03 PM

Originally Posted by Brabusx2 (Post 7275652)
+1, i have the same car, with AC on full blast every time i drive coz of Las Vegas heat i get around 23mpg, if i do hwy driving i can get 29 easily, so my tank average now days is 350-370 and fill up 16 gal

I can echo these numbers as well I find little difference between highway mile and city miles with this car and I can usually expect 600 km (about 370ish miles) on a fill in town and a little more on steady blasts down I5.

About a month ago I did a Vancouver BC to Seattle trip with my car (about 240 miles round trip) car got an easy 8.3 l/100km (34 mpg) returned home with more than half a tank. With three adults and the tiny trunk full of luggage.

And I drive my car fairly hard.. not a 1/4 mile at a time... but some days I do.

I love this car's technology, I love its mileage and I absolutely love its performance. Time will tell, but I hope that I will love its reliability.

L8Apex 06-18-12 07:15 AM

Originally Posted by neurocity (Post 7291870)
Tell me how much you fell better when you have to fix one of those options. There is a radar module for sale in the classifieds now for $1000. Don't forget to check your suspension battery in the trunk. FYI... you have no spare. :D

Dont H8 :D

Fact is, i only used the radar Cruise once since Jan. I rarely use CC. The Battery is doing fine and i just changed out the run flats for Conti Extreme grip. So the no spare does bother me a bit. But i'll take the guaranteed performance perk of the active suspension over the off chance of me getting a flat that my patch kit cant handle.

dekidex 06-18-12 10:12 AM

Thanx for all the info Guys!

Brabusx2 06-25-12 12:41 AM

how can i tell if my car has active sway bar?

L8Apex 06-25-12 05:30 AM

open the trunk and remove the carpet, the lift out the plastic floor under the carpet. if you see a small battery In the trunk well and no spare, the you have Active suspension.

neurocity 06-28-12 09:42 AM

I was just in a 450h with the active stabilizer option.

WTF does it do? Cause I couldn't tell anything different from mine.
Still went in and out of turns like a fat chick rounding the corner at Old Country Buffet.

vap3 10-15-18 06:37 PM

any aftermarket spares anyone can recommend?