Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

How do I find a nice 450h?

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-11, 05:18 PM
SgnDen
Driver School Candidate

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts
Default How do I find a nice 450h?

Well, after bailing on Lexus last year and buying a BMW 550i sport (loaded), here I am crawling back. ;^)

The BMW is an incredible machine, nothing feels like it, but I am DONE with what felt like "drive 4 weeks/in the shop for 1 week, repeat". I need to start driving a LOT more, so need a car that I feel confident in going well over 100k over the next 4+ years.

I love the LS460, but more $ than I want to spend (and not sporty enough).

Problem is - HOW/WHERE can I find a good 2007-2008 GS450h? I know they are rare, but wondering if any of you have any ideas other than the obvious monitoring of sites. The Lexus.com site's "Search CPO" microsite has not worked for the past 3 days I have tried it...annoying.

I am not in a huge hurry, but I'd love to get rid of this 550i and sleep at night!

Thanks.

Last edited by SgnDen; 04-15-11 at 05:44 PM.
Old 04-15-11, 05:25 PM
EleeGS
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Cl

Lots of legitimate dealers on Craiglist list posting in the Nor Cal area. They are out there since the leases are running up on them.
Old 04-15-11, 05:30 PM
SgnDen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by EleeGS
Lots of legitimate dealers on Craiglist list posting in the Nor Cal area. They are out there since the leases are running up on them.
Thanks EleeGS - I travel a lot so I'll go check NoCal dealers. I had to buy this BMW 550i up there as there were NONE in CO at the time. Stevens Creek (they were beyond terrible to work with sadly).

Thanks again.
Old 04-15-11, 05:33 PM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

call every dealer in california.

you're not gonna find anything in CO.

Just curious....... can you list all the reasons why your 550i was in the shop?
i can never picture how bad a bmw is....
Old 04-15-11, 05:42 PM
SgnDen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dunnojack
call every dealer in california.

you're not gonna find anything in CO.

Just curious....... can you list all the reasons why your 550i was in the shop?
Re the 550i - It really has not been that bad (just feels like it)...it's more that since I need to drive sooo much over the next couple of years, I am more comfortable with a Toyota product running into the 100k++ miles range and the 550i just worries me in that regard.

It had an alarming overheating warning go off (red exclamation mark in the Heads-up-display and dash saying to stop and tow) but turned out to be only a sensor...still a hassle. The AC was temperamental and took three trips to the dealer but fixed now. The dealer has been GREAT, they def take care of ya...but now that I really think of it, I can't even think of anything else.
Old 04-15-11, 06:10 PM
LexFather

Sorry to hear about the 550. I'd start with a nationwide search on Autotrader.....Neurocity just got one in Cali, very clean and loaded.

Most seem to still have low miles, most are loaded with NAV/ML. Main options after that are radar cruise and the active sways.
Old 04-15-11, 06:18 PM
SgnDen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Sorry to hear about the 550. I'd start with a nationwide search on Autotrader.....Neurocity just got one in Cali, very clean and loaded.

Most seem to still have low miles, most are loaded with NAV/ML. Main options after that are radar cruise and the active sways.
Thanks Sicklex - Dare I ask what I should expect to pay for a NICE GS 450h?

I say that being a very active forum member on my motorcycle sites and it drives me nuts when people drop-in and ask price questions only then disappear...just me being picky though.
Old 04-15-11, 06:27 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Yeah gotta agree it wil be hard to find one in CO its like beantown winter usually has limited amounts, you be lucky to find a nice one in good condition, your better looking further away. Good luck!
Old 04-15-11, 06:32 PM
bigblack06

Received 321 Likes on 219 Posts

Not sure what part your from but this is the only Hybrid I found.

http://www.cars.com/go/search/detail...5&aff=national
Old 04-15-11, 06:52 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by SgnDen
Thanks Sicklex - Dare I ask what I should expect to pay for a NICE GS 450h?

I say that being a very active forum member on my motorcycle sites and it drives me nuts when people drop-in and ask price questions only then disappear...just me being picky though.
Seems avg price for an 07 or so is 28-30k...dealers have IMO 5-6k markup but all I've seen are CPO.

The 08-09 has the different bumper, more chrome grill and the other interior GS changes (small ones).

The 2010 added blue headlamps, blue rear tails and different wheels.
Old 04-16-11, 03:02 AM
dunnojack
Lexus Fanatic

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by SgnDen
Re the 550i - It really has not been that bad (just feels like it)...

It had an alarming overheating warning go off (red exclamation mark in the Heads-up-display and dash saying to stop and tow) but turned out to be only a sensor...still a hassle. The AC was temperamental and took three trips to the dealer but fixed now. ...but now that I really think of it, I can't even think of anything else.

ah, that's what I expected to hear.
a few electrical quirks.
but nothing that really hinders the drive.

you could probably ignore a lot of the electrical issues in bmw's, as long as the gas/brakes, stability control, and steering work.

It seems bmw problems are blown out of proportion, other than the turbo engine failure.
it's not like the blinking light ever caused the car to stall.
Old 04-16-11, 06:48 AM
SgnDen
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by dunnojack
ah, that's what I expected to hear.
a few electrical quirks.
but nothing that really hinders the drive.

you could probably ignore a lot of the electrical issues in bmw's, as long as the gas/brakes, stability control, and steering work.

It seems bmw problems are blown out of proportion, other than the turbo engine failure.
it's not like the blinking light ever caused the car to stall.
True...I have had three other BMW's (E28's 535is and 2002tsi) and they were great.

I am particularly annoyed currently b/c there is a fan whine noise that was not there last year that BMW-NA is saying "No code, no fix"...it's the AC compressor fan and everyone (service writer and head mechanic) agrees it's not normal...they essentially say to wait for complete failure (while they hope the CPO warranty runs-out)...so now I get to escalate and hassle with a fight I have zero time for. But overall - you are right - the core stuff works and is like no other for a sport-oriented sedan like this.

Ok enough of my hijacking my own thread. Ha!