Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

its finally here!

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-10, 07:30 AM
HollyK
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by kyo7878
well, according to my dealer this color doesn't roll off the assembly line that often. my sales agent showed me the total production # of aurora whites for Jan & it was like 10 or 13..can't remember the exact #. my car took 4 weeks to arrive from Japan but it was worth the wait.

I personally wanted a white/gray combination. the gray interior color was identical to my previous acura & i feel it doesn't get dirty easily.

thats the beauty of aurora white~ whiter than white hehehe
the color varies slightly under different weather condition. it would appear more like a white/light blue under a bright sunny day or can appear more like a bright white silverish color under cloudy day.

hope this helps~
I can believe that! He said he can get one allocated to them but there may be additional costs for freight. He said I would have a unique vehicle
My interior choice would have been gray anyway. Hate the black with that red wood trim and wow does it show scuff marks. Parchment is too yellow toned and I spill a LOT.
YES! Definitely helps I was worried it would appear pink or lavender as there seem to be a lot of flex of pink in the color swatches. I was worried there was a reason that Japan was not making this color = that it might look bad or like one of those pink cadillacs ! It looks a lot whiter than I thought that it would, but different at the same time. LIke it.
Old 03-12-10, 09:25 AM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by HollyK
I can believe that! He said he can get one allocated to them but there may be additional costs for freight. He said I would have a unique vehicle
My interior choice would have been gray anyway. Hate the black with that red wood trim and wow does it show scuff marks. Parchment is too yellow toned and I spill a LOT.
YES! Definitely helps I was worried it would appear pink or lavender as there seem to be a lot of flex of pink in the color swatches. I was worried there was a reason that Japan was not making this color = that it might look bad or like one of those pink cadillacs ! It looks a lot whiter than I thought that it would, but different at the same time. LIke it.
you could probably talk them down to cover the allocation cost. there wasn't anymore aurora white in states when i put down deposit in the end of Jan, so they had to look for the future shipment directly from Japan. but my dealer was willing to cover up the cost either way.

the white pink on cadillac is a factory color? i have only seen it a few times n thought it was some customized paint..lol

no worries, the aurora white doesn't have any hint of pink at all~
Old 03-13-10, 12:32 AM
OC-ISF
Driver School Candidate

The dealer's swatches are very misleading. By looking at it, I was worried about the pinkish undertone but there isn't a hint of pink/purple in this color. It's white with a blue base as opposed to a white with a yellow base. I posted some pics on another thread with the aurora white nose-to-nose with a starfire white. You can really see the difference.

Aurora white is a beautiful color--but then again, I bought it so I'm a bit biased.
Old 03-13-10, 05:18 AM
HollyK
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by OC-ISF
The dealer's swatches are very misleading. By looking at it, I was worried about the pinkish undertone but there isn't a hint of pink/purple in this color. It's white with a blue base as opposed to a white with a yellow base. I posted some pics on another thread with the aurora white nose-to-nose with a starfire white. You can really see the difference.

Aurora white is a beautiful color--but then again, I bought it so I'm a bit biased.
Thanks for the side by side pix. I saw the starfire pearl and thought it had a yellow tone to it. Real life color is so different from the swatch. If someone orders it without benefit of all these wonderful posts and photos on this forum, wow will they be shocked. It is much "whiter" than I thought it would be - the cool tone of blue and no silver or pink. I love it. Definitely worth the wait as my dealer has the starfire pearl but as I said have never even had the aurora white in their dealership. Think I will start the process for them to find one thanks to all the pix and thoughts I've read.
Did anyone ever determine if the gray interior was different in the 450H than the 350? Saw the gray interior in a 350 but all they had in the hybrid was black or parchment.
Old 03-13-10, 12:28 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Thanks for the side by side pix. I saw the starfire pearl and thought it had a yellow tone to it. Real life color is so different from the swatch. If someone orders it without benefit of all these wonderful posts and photos on this forum, wow will they be shocked. It is much "whiter" than I thought it would be - the cool tone of blue and no silver or pink. I love it. Definitely worth the wait as my dealer has the starfire pearl but as I said have never even had the aurora white in their dealership. Think I will start the process for them to find one thanks to all the pix and thoughts I've read.
Did anyone ever determine if the gray interior was different in the 450H than the 350? Saw the gray interior in a 350 but all they had in the hybrid was black or parchment.
you can find the difference in this thread

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...or-change.html

my interior is identical to the OP, and scroll down a bit to see tex lex's 350 gray interior.
450h's door penal & the arm rest area are all black as opposed to gray in 350.
Old 03-16-10, 07:03 PM
DaRacerz
Rookie

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by kyo7878
well, according to my dealer this color doesn't roll off the assembly line that often. my sales agent showed me the total production # of aurora whites for Jan & it was like 10 or 13..can't remember the exact #. my car took 4 weeks to arrive from Japan but it was worth the wait.

thats the beauty of aurora white~ whiter than white hehehe
the color varies slightly under different weather condition. it would appear more like a white/light blue under a bright sunny day or can appear more like a bright white silverish color under cloudy day.

hope this helps~
Your dealer is right, its an extremely rare color. My dealer had to wait 3 or 4 weeks to find the color in the usa for another customer. When I had purchased it, they simply recommended to put in an order and wait for the delivery, which imo, was worth it.

What I will tell you. The sample is worthless unless they updated it and fixed it. Like you said, the color is whiter than white and love it. Makes all other "white" cars look like aged white or even yellowish at times.

The downside to this paint, it is extremely hard to keep clean. Easy to see dirt on it. And after it rains, if your gaps aren't squeeky clean, you will see dirt streaks from the door handles and gas door. But if you clean often, you will be happy.
Old 03-17-10, 11:12 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by DaRacerz
Your dealer is right, its an extremely rare color. My dealer had to wait 3 or 4 weeks to find the color in the usa for another customer. When I had purchased it, they simply recommended to put in an order and wait for the delivery, which imo, was worth it.

What I will tell you. The sample is worthless unless they updated it and fixed it. Like you said, the color is whiter than white and love it. Makes all other "white" cars look like aged white or even yellowish at times.

The downside to this paint, it is extremely hard to keep clean. Easy to see dirt on it. And after it rains, if your gaps aren't squeeky clean, you will see dirt streaks from the door handles and gas door. But if you clean often, you will be happy.
+1 to this comment. one other downside is that you better make sure you don't ever get into an accident or get deep scratches. color matching will be difficult unless you have a competent and qualified bodyshop that knows how to properly color match.
Old 03-17-10, 04:14 PM
kyo7878
Pole Position

Originally Posted by Stormforge
+1 to this comment. one other downside is that you better make sure you don't ever get into an accident or get deep scratches. color matching will be difficult unless you have a competent and qualified bodyshop that knows how to properly color match.
u got me all worried here....argh~

maybe clear bra all around the car & some bull bars would help?

haha, j/k!
Old 03-17-10, 04:24 PM
GGP927
Rookie

my parents own a RX350.

i notice that the low beam projectors on the RX450H are on the inner part of the headlights instead of the outter part like the RX350. what is that? anyone knows?
Old 03-17-10, 06:32 PM
wyau01
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by GGP927
my parents own a RX350.

i notice that the low beam projectors on the RX450H are on the inner part of the headlights instead of the outter part like the RX350. what is that? anyone knows?
That means your parent's has halogen lights.