Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Brought her Home

Search this Thread

Old 08-22-09, 04:31 PM
MJMeucci
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Cool Brought her Home

After a month long wait that seemed like an eternity I picked up my RX450h from Inskip Lexus in RI last Monday. I did all of the negotiating over the web with Inskip and the purchase process couldn't have been more painless- I was in and out in under 2 hours. I have already put 400 miles on the car and love everything about it-- coming from an '07 RX350 I knew what to expect out of a Lexus and the new one has exceeded my expectations. The car looks great and gets a lot of looks, the valet staff at my condo were all very impressed with the car and spent at least 15 minutes looking it over the night that I brought it home.

Pics are attached (took them on my blackberry so the quality isn't that great) but the color combo is beautiful. I had initially wanted Smokey Granite/Black but settled on Smokey Granite/Gray when they couldn't locate my first choice. I was a little apprehensive about the light interior as I have always had black leather on every car I have owned but this color combo is gorgeous and I couldn't be happier.

A few things that I have noticed (good and bad):
  • Even on Eco Mode the A/C is ice cold
  • The ride feels much more solid and controlled than on the 350
  • The build quality seems to be better on the 450h than my 350 which was assembled in Canada
  • I like the larger center arm-rest on the 450 and the cavernous storagehowever wish that it were easier to access while driving as it was on the 350
  • The remote touch is excellent, hands down the best nav controller out there
  • Power delivery on the 450h blows me away, no matter at high or low speeds there always seems to be more juice

On my first tank I averaged about 27mpg, I drive mostly on the highway, and am very happy with that.
Attached Thumbnails Brought her Home-img00010-20090820-1937.jpg   Brought her Home-img00011-20090820-1937.jpg   Brought her Home-img00012-20090820-1938.jpg  
Old 08-22-09, 04:45 PM
spoon808
Rookie

love the color combo, nice! congrats!
Old 08-22-09, 04:58 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

It looks like you have the two tone interior which is just gorgeous. I usually get black leather too but the way the gray looks might make me get it in the future, despite it being hard to clean.

as for the gas mileage, do you have awd by any chance?
Old 08-22-09, 05:49 PM
PatsSoxfan
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Congratulations MGM! You picked out a beautiful machine. When you have a chance give us some updates on the gas mileage. I have kept my wife's Rx's on the Eco Mode basically since we picked up the car 7 weeks ago. I am almost ashamed to take it off this mode and try out rapid acceleration. I will have to try it out real soon just to feel its power.
Old 08-22-09, 06:14 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Thumbs up Congrats!!!

Glad to see another 450h owner on board. Great choice on the combo selection.

When you said "The ride feels much more solid and controlled than on the 350", you meant the '07 350, right?
Old 08-22-09, 07:20 PM
tnb1
Rookie

Welcome MGM. Nice choice. What options did you choose?
Old 08-22-09, 07:26 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Question

I'm confused with the roof rails now.

What option/pkg will make your 450h without the roof rails?
Old 08-22-09, 07:30 PM
tnb1
Rookie

I think FWD no roof rails. AWD with roof rails.
Terry
Old 08-22-09, 10:40 PM
RXSF

Received 69 Likes on 42 Posts

Terry is correct. However, it is my impression that you can get the FWD with roof rails (which i think looks better) by getting it installed at the dealership
Old 08-22-09, 11:08 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

congrats on the new 450h!
Old 08-23-09, 02:14 AM
klegrow
Rookie

MJ...you have good taste...that is the same exterior as mine! I ended up getting the black leather, but would have preferred a tan option. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like tan leather looks so rich with the wood finishes. Enjoy your new baby. BTW...on a side note....has anyone noticed the SmartKey doesn't always work? I don't have to hit the button, but sometimes I have to take out the fob and almost put it right against the car for it to work.
Old 08-23-09, 05:03 AM
Cruiter

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by klegrow
MJ...you have good taste...that is the same exterior as mine! I ended up getting the black leather, but would have preferred a tan option. Maybe it's just me, but I feel like tan leather looks so rich with the wood finishes. Enjoy your new baby. BTW...on a side note....has anyone noticed the SmartKey doesn't always work? I don't have to hit the button, but sometimes I have to take out the fob and almost put it right against the car for it to work.
I thought the same thing till I finally figured it out, now works every time.

Nice car MJ
Old 08-23-09, 08:09 AM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Terry, thanks.

I remember this now, just couldn't recall what it was.
Old 08-23-09, 08:27 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Congrat's on your new ride.

Glad you had a good experience with the purchase down here in RI.

Excellent choice, enjoy and use it well!!
Old 08-23-09, 11:28 AM
MJMeucci
Driver

Thanks for all of the compliments guys! To answer questions that are being asked, yes I have AWD which is where the roof rails come from. Also all of my comparisons were in reference to my old 07' RX350, not the current RX350. And no, I have not had any problems with the smart key-- although did they change the number of smart sensors on the handles? I could have sworn that when I have had IS/ES loaners that the rear door handles had the sensors on them as well that if touched would open all four doors?

Also I am noticing some weird behavior from my nav- sometimes (not every time) when I start the car the "show map" button selects itself- did Lexus finally give this screen a timeout? I had installed the Vaistech iPod adapter on my 07 RX and that did the auto click of the "I agree" for me, but was surprised when it started to happen on the new 450h.

Quick Reply: Brought her Home