Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

Datasystem Japan Tv-Navi kit (Nav lockout removal)

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-09, 09:39 PM
nomobmw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Datasystem Japan Tv-Navi kit (Nav lockout removal)

As I didn't get any response to my last question buried in one of the other threads. . have any 450h owners installed this kit either purchased on Ebay or from Prestigious Society?

I've been advised that the "GWS191" model is specific to the GS450h with Mark Levinson Japan version, but they could not guarantee it would work on the US spec version. .

If you've got one can you let me know what the model number is?

Regards
Old 06-29-09, 11:17 PM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by nomobmw
As I didn't get any response to my last question buried in one of the other threads. . have any 450h owners installed this kit either purchased on Ebay or from Prestigious Society?

I've been advised that the "GWS191" model is specific to the GS450h with Mark Levinson Japan version, but they could not guarantee it would work on the US spec version. .

If you've got one can you let me know what the model number is?

Regards
i've never heard of this before. afaik, the navi/dvd override from PS will work on all GS equipped with navi. and i got my dvd/navi kit from PS.
Old 06-30-09, 07:23 AM
nomobmw
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Did you have to specify that you had a GS450h?

Apparently they have a slightly different harness so Datasystem has a different version. . .
Old 06-30-09, 09:20 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by nomobmw
Did you have to specify that you had a GS450h?

Apparently they have a slightly different harness so Datasystem has a different version. . .
i just told PS that i had a 2008 GS450h. and they sent the kit to me. no confusion at my end whatsoever.

send an email to chung, his email is: chung@prestigioussociety.com
just tell him what year your GS450h is, and he'll hook you up.
Old 06-30-09, 09:55 AM
rominl
exclusive matchup

Received 184 Likes on 143 Posts

i have done a few 450h, as long as you tell them you have 450h they will make sure you get the right one
Old 07-03-09, 05:26 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Received 29 Likes on 22 Posts

I've got mine from these people:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DATAS...Q5fAccessories

Cheaper, than from PS. Less then a week after I ordered it, I received it. They wanted my VIN to be sure it would work on my car. It works like a clock. They were great about communications, kept me updated constantly.

I don't know much about PS, sounds like a very decent company, I just never dealt with them.
Old 07-06-09, 09:14 AM
schneil
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I just had the PS override installed in my '08 450h and have had no issues. I don't remember if I specified if I had the h or not, I think there is a space for it when you order.

Customer service from PS has been awesome. I had a question with the install and they answered it and sat on the phone while I completed the install. Also I liked the unit because I was assured that it would not conflict with the VaisTech gear I installed too.

I had the "lockpick" for my wife's '08 GX and it conflicted with the VaisTech stuff, so I ended up cutting wires.

Good luck!
Old 07-06-09, 09:23 AM
Stormforge
executive matchup

Originally Posted by schneil
I just had the PS override installed in my '08 450h and have had no issues. I don't remember if I specified if I had the h or not, I think there is a space for it when you order.

Customer service from PS has been awesome. I had a question with the install and they answered it and sat on the phone while I completed the install. Also I liked the unit because I was assured that it would not conflict with the VaisTech gear I installed too.

I had the "lockpick" for my wife's '08 GX and it conflicted with the VaisTech stuff, so I ended up cutting wires.

Good luck!
congrats on the install. another h with the override kit! btw, did you sign up in the 450h roll call?
Old 07-06-09, 07:36 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Do you, guys, have the time limit (30-45sec) on the navigation override?
Old 07-07-09, 04:28 AM
schneil
Driver School Candidate

Smile

The PS kit is allows you to press a button that gives you 5 minutes, or you can set it so that when you press the button the override is on all the time until you press the button again.
Old 07-07-09, 09:37 AM
arnieosp
Racer

This I already know. And from what I understand, the PS hook-up instructions are slightly different, which affects the time limit. I just don't know what the difference is, and that's the huge secret nobody is willing to share.
Old 07-07-09, 10:21 AM
schneil
Driver School Candidate

My understanding is that to do the override from "automatic" to "manual" you have to press the NAV button before you start the car, keep pressing the button after the car starts until the button flashes (they say 7 seconds - I think its more) and then you can let go. Now everytime you start the car all you have to do is press the NAV button and it will stay on until you turn the car off or hit the button.
Old 07-07-09, 04:03 PM
arnieosp
Racer

Thank you for the tip. It did not work. First, I got in the car, pushed the brake, pushed the NAVI button, pushed the "Start". The car fired up, I continued holding NAVI (it was lit solid) for about 30 seconds, it never flashed, it just stayed solid. So, the limit was still there.

Secont time I pushed the Start button without the foot on the brake, which turned the ignition on. The I pushed the NAVI button, brakes and Start again. The car fired up, I kept holding the NAVI button, which immediately started flashing and flashed 12 times, then turned to solid. The limit was still there.

I did several attempts each way. Unless I am doing something wrong, I think the trick is in the way you hook the unit up.

Do you by chance still have the installation instructions in English?
Old 07-07-09, 06:42 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

These kits come from one MFG. PS or any other place you buy from is only selling you their mark up.

I had three locals buy off eBay and they are the same.

Save yourself some money. I figured out this little secret haha.
Old 07-07-09, 06:46 PM
passnu2
Lexus Fanatic

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by schneil
My understanding is that to do the override from "automatic" to "manual" you have to press the NAV button before you start the car, keep pressing the button after the car starts until the button flashes (they say 7 seconds - I think its more) and then you can let go. Now everytime you start the car all you have to do is press the NAV button and it will stay on until you turn the car off or hit the button.

This is part of it. Not sure of the exact steps but ill share. You just have to bare with me and wait a few weeks.

Quick Reply: Datasystem Japan Tv-Navi kit (Nav lockout removal)