Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2010 - 2015 RX450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX450H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation RX models.

Luxury Pkg, Bi-Xenon or LED headlamps?

Search this Thread

Old 08-20-09, 10:16 AM
HowardOR
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Luxury Pkg, Bi-Xenon or LED headlamps?

I ordered an '10 450h w/ comfort, nav, ML, pre-collision, tow and luxury pkgs. The brochure (page 43 left column) clearly states that the luxury pkg includes everything in the premium and also includes LED headlamps with AFS lighting. Dealer and I reviewed option by option.

It appears there may be some confusion on this board about the LED headlamps as part of the luxury pkg. One post said, "I didn't want to pay the extra $700..." Anyone have any experience with LED headlamps not installed as part of the luxury pkg? Also, since my vehicle will likely be built in Sept-Oct, will the new "Enform" system be installed?

Howard
Old 08-20-09, 11:54 AM
klegrow
Rookie

Howard, packages vary quite dramatically from region to region and country to country
Old 08-20-09, 12:15 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Received 159 Likes on 134 Posts

Originally Posted by HowardOR
I ordered an '10 450h w/ comfort, nav, ML, pre-collision, tow and luxury pkgs. The brochure (page 43 left column) clearly states that the luxury pkg includes everything in the premium and also includes LED headlamps with AFS lighting. Dealer and I reviewed option by option.

It appears there may be some confusion on this board about the LED headlamps as part of the luxury pkg. One post said, "I didn't want to pay the extra $700..." Anyone have any experience with LED headlamps not installed as part of the luxury pkg? Also, since my vehicle will likely be built in Sept-Oct, will the new "Enform" system be installed?

Howard
Hi Howard, LEDs with AFS are supposed to come with the luxury package but the comfort package includes the bi-xenons with AFS. Gotta love the Lexus logic here How did this work out with your dealer since you are getting the LEDs? Are you paying for the comfort package with some kind of deduction for the bi-xenons? I'm curious to see how this works before I order mine with everything except the luxury package plus LEDs and other things.

Enform started in the August builds so you're safe.

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/rx-...ifference.html

Last edited by kitlz; 08-20-09 at 01:04 PM.
Old 08-20-09, 01:49 PM
HowardOR
Driver School Candidate

This issue arose resulting from one dealer taking my order but calling me back a week later saying that if I wanted the Luxury pkg, I must order the LED headlamps at an additional charge of $1,800. Further, one poster here wanted to know if ordering the LED headlamps in addition to the Luxury pkg was worth an additional $700. The dealer from whom I ordered the car has not (now 3 weeks) called me. I anticipate the car will arrive in November with every option listed in the brochure. BTW I ordered a black saphire w/ parchment leather and heads-up display.

I'll post here soon after delivery .
Old 08-20-09, 02:44 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

when I ordered the LED was in both the comfort and lux packages--however--when the dealer inputted the order the system showed the LED separate so for example, the comfort pkg dropped from 2000 to 825 and the 1175 was a separate line.
Old 08-20-09, 03:15 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

This issue arose resulting from one dealer taking my order but calling me back a week later saying that if I wanted the Luxury pkg, I must order the LED headlamps at an additional charge of $1,800. Further, one poster here wanted to know if ordering the LED headlamps in addition to the Luxury pkg was worth an additional $700. The dealer from whom I ordered the car has not (now 3 weeks) called me. I anticipate the car will arrive in November with every option listed in the brochure. BTW I ordered a black saphire w/ parchment leather and heads-up display.
Interesting because LED is listed as part of the luxury package, not in addition to. Somebody trying to pocket some extra cash here

Keep us posted on how your order goes. Nice color selection
Old 08-20-09, 03:24 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Originally Posted by Hal56
when I ordered the LED was in both the comfort and lux packages--however--when the dealer inputted the order the system showed the LED separate so for example, the comfort pkg dropped from 2000 to 825 and the 1175 was a separate line.
Thank you Hal56. That makes sense. I like the rest of the features in the comfort package except for the bi-xenons. LEDs are a must for me. They're too sexy
Old 08-20-09, 03:25 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

re; extra cash:--in the end it does not make a difference as the car price is based off sticker and dealer "cost" whatever that actually is.

and the dealers still have a big fixed cost and 100 cars a month does not quite get them there
Old 08-20-09, 03:57 PM
kitlz
No, I don't play soccer!

Yes, the elusive dealer cost. Last time I checked my dealer was still for profit, not non-profit
Old 08-21-09, 07:10 PM
rxets
Lexus Test Driver

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Hal56
This definitely makes sense. When the upper pkg holds the better/newer/exclusive feature/option, the lower pkg will have to remove any opposite items and adjust the price.

Comfort Pkg to 350: only Bi-Xenon HID.
Comfort Pkg to 450h: Bi-Xenon HID, or LED with headlamp washers.

Luxury Pkg to 350: headlamp washers with Bi-Xenon (usually Comfort pkg is must pkg when selecting Lux Pkg).
Luxury Pkg to 450h: LED with headlampt washer. (this will force the owner to drop Bi-Xenon HID from Comfort pkg if Bi-Xenon HID is selected, then money will be altered).

In original concepts, most of features/options can be individually added or removed if you do the special order (custom-made) from Japan. But, Lexus N.A. obviously gets lazy... IMO.

I like the ways HowardOR has handled. Going over all the details is necessary.
Old 08-23-09, 09:06 PM
HowardOR
Driver School Candidate

Some people are shoppers, some aren't. My job is to get the lowest price possible for the vehicle with the options I want; the dealers job is to get the highest price. Dealers have to balance limited allocation of the 450h (supply) with the possibilty that I'll shop elseware (demand). Some will only sell on their terms. Thats OK with me as this is America. However; when a dealer uses deceptive tactics, I won't let the door to hit me in the *** on the way out - there is more than one dealer. The dealers fixed costs as well as the number of vehicles sold per month is his concern.
Old 08-23-09, 09:56 PM
Hal56
Pole Position

Some people are shoppers, some aren't. My job is to get the lowest price possible for the vehicle with the options I want; the dealers job is to get the highest price. Dealers have to balance limited allocation of the 450h (supply) with the possibilty that I'll shop elseware (demand). Some will only sell on their terms. Thats OK with me as this is America. However; when a dealer uses deceptive tactics, I won't let the door to hit me in the *** on the way out - there is more than one dealer. The dealers fixed costs as well as the number of vehicles sold per month is his concern.
I have said elsewhere on this board that I have had good and not so good dealers--the good dealers take care of me in several different ways after the sale--ie--the salesman sees I am bringing my car in --he has the car detailed for me as a surprise and thank you.

another dealer knew I was busy and when he saw my name pop up on the service schedule--he called me and the night before service appt he stopped by and switched his dealer car for my car and the next night brought it back after it was serviced. Saved me time which was worth something.

At the same dealer went to bat for me (on my wifes car) after the car was out of warranty--did this twice--on some expensive repairs. My wifes comment--she was awed by how they treated her--the dealer moved car seats and strollers for her and in and out in minutes. The owner of the dealer called me during the day to tell me how he was handling it and did I mind if they kept my car for a couple of days and if I just just the loaner for the time frame.

I did not spend a lot of time negotiating price--the dealer knew it and wanted me back in the future--in return the service was above and beyond and I welcomed that.

Service should be good but for the extra I paid--and the extra attentiveness I received--it was well worth it.

and i have had some dealers which just stunk up the place. we had a 92 chrysler mini van where the and dealer were bad. Never again.

so there is a fudge factor in the total equation on pricing--I do not mind paying a bit more--If I am getting other valued benefits.

and we each have our own perspective of value.
Old 08-24-09, 08:55 AM
HowardOR
Driver School Candidate

Hal,
Your post is what I love about this country. (I'm a vietnam era vet and have seen life in other places) If the monetary cost of any purchase retains value for you, that's what matters. Do you think the dealer would have treated you differently had you bargained more sharply initially? To what extent does a Lexus dealer offer the level of service you described because they are continually monitored by the mfgr?
Old 08-24-09, 09:58 AM
Hal56
Pole Position

Hal,
Your post is what I love about this country. (I'm a vietnam era vet and have seen life in other places) If the monetary cost of any purchase retains value for you, that's what matters. Do you think the dealer would have treated you differently had you bargained more sharply initially? To what extent does a Lexus dealer offer the level of service you described because they are continually monitored by the mfgr?

Howard--I do believe I get better treatment--in fact I know it--my dealer did not want to drop the price much so we haggled on a bunch of other things--from the various extended warranties to service costs down the road (ie--oil changes for 5 years) to a totally inflated trade in value (probably by 2500) -and easy servicing for me (he would not take my car for the saturday washes-I went too far with that)

I did not get the paint shields cause they would not drop the price --must be too popular.

I guess you have to look at each deal and see what the net net is. And what buttons each person has.