Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

08 RX 400H owners and Coastaletech

Search this Thread

Old 06-18-08, 09:23 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Default 08 RX 400H owners and Coastaletech

Any 08 RX 400H owners installed the Navigation by pass from Coastaletech?

The reason why I am asking is every time I talk to Coastaletech they give me a different answer on whether the basic or ultimate or any of their products will work for the 08 RX 400H. I had one guy call me back and said none of the products they make works for the 08 RX400 and then another girl called me back saying the lock pick basic would only work then an email saying the ultimate would work just to check the website.

Those people at Coastaletech would make some serious money if they got a business plan and did things the right way. Unbelievable they have a product that can sell but no brains to organize the sales and advertising.

I am afraid to pay any money to them because if I get the wrong product there will be no refund. Anyone have experience with these clowns?
Old 06-18-08, 01:42 PM
jrobe
Pit Crew

Received 117 Likes on 68 Posts

"Anyone have experience with these clowns?"

You hit the nail on the head there. I don't know how you can be smart enough to do a car computer hack but not smart to design a decent web site and to run a business properly. Amazing.

Do a search here. http://us.lexusownersclub.com/forums...p?showforum=79

There are people with '08's that have at least installed the basic lockpick. I have toyed with the idea but have been turned off by the company.
Old 06-19-08, 11:13 AM
fvrufd2u
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I ordered it after getting confirmation that the Lockpick basic works on the 2008 400h. Installed it and it did not work. Sent it back and they are sending another one to me.

They shipped my original order right away and everything was great until I discovered the unit was defective. The problem is my replacement still hasn't been shipped even though they received the one I sent back 10 days ago! I emailed them asking why it what was taking so long and was told that it should ship in a few days, but no explanation as to why it was taking so long to ship my replacement.

You're right the website is a total joke and I'm now disappointed in their customer service. We'll see how long it takes for me to get my replacement and if it works.
Old 06-19-08, 02:32 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by fvrufd2u
I ordered it after getting confirmation that the Lockpick basic works on the 2008 400h. Installed it and it did not work. Sent it back and they are sending another one to me.

They shipped my original order right away and everything was great until I discovered the unit was defective. The problem is my replacement still hasn't been shipped even though they received the one I sent back 10 days ago! I emailed them asking why it what was taking so long and was told that it should ship in a few days, but no explanation as to why it was taking so long to ship my replacement.

You're right the website is a total joke and I'm now disappointed in their customer service. We'll see how long it takes for me to get my replacement and if it works.
Wow you are scaring me now. Did you install it in the cargo bay under the tool tray? Thats where our Navigation DVD player is located right?

If you get the new unit and it works please let us know, I will probably buy it if you get yours to work because I cannot stand this nav lock out during motion.

Thanks
Old 06-19-08, 03:28 PM
fvrufd2u
Driver School Candidate

Yes it was installed in the back under the tool tray. Very easy installation. I'll let you know my results when I do get the replacement. I'm not too worried, lots of people have reported using the basic lockpick on the 08. I'm fairly sure it was just a bad unit I initially got. Hopefully I won't be waiting too much longer.
Old 07-02-08, 04:44 PM
fvrufd2u
Driver School Candidate

Finally got my replacement today. Everything now works as advertised. Nice to finally have the full use of the NAV.
Old 07-03-08, 09:30 AM
NeoNz
Driver

Finally got my replacement today. Everything now works as advertised. Nice to finally have the full use of the NAV.
glad to hear you have full use of your nav! i might be joining the club sometime in the near future,, I hate having to pull over or stop to use the damn navi
Old 07-03-08, 11:49 AM
Tony
Lead Lap

Thats great news I will place my order. Was it hard to unplug the factory harness from the Nav DVD player and put the Coastaletech on?
Old 07-03-08, 02:49 PM
fvrufd2u
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tony
Thats great news I will place my order. Was it hard to unplug the factory harness from the Nav DVD player and put the Coastaletech on?
The harness is very easy. The hardest part is getting the spare tire tool tray out. It's a very tight fit, but with a little finesse it does come out. The entire installation takes about 5 minutes. Once it's installed you'll find it's well worth the money! Good luck.
Old 07-16-08, 12:49 PM
Navin08
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, I'm new to the Forum and a new owner of an 08 RX 400h. I took delivery last Saturday.

My salesman told me the DVD system is a "service item" and it's behind the glove box. He said it's very complicated to get to it...Do you think they moved it? I really want to get the Lockpick sounds like you guys are happy with it.

Thanks for any info.
Old 07-16-08, 02:40 PM
jrobe
Pit Crew

Received 117 Likes on 68 Posts

It isn't behind the glove box on my '08 400h. The cabin filter is behind the glovebox (check your manual for directions on how to remove the 2 black plastic stops to lower the glovebox).
Old 07-16-08, 05:00 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Navin08
Hi all, I'm new to the Forum and a new owner of an 08 RX 400h. I took delivery last Saturday.

My salesman told me the DVD system is a "service item" and it's behind the glove box. He said it's very complicated to get to it...Do you think they moved it? I really want to get the Lockpick sounds like you guys are happy with it.

Thanks for any info.
Your salesman dosent know what he is talking about. Its in the trunk under the tool box and takes 5 minutes to get to.
Old 07-17-08, 06:24 AM
Navin08
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by Tony
Your salesman dosent know what he is talking about. Its in the trunk under the tool box and takes 5 minutes to get to.
Thanks Tony. So, the Basic Lockpick 3 is the one to get?

Their website is as horrible as advertised!
Old 07-17-08, 04:48 PM
Tony
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Navin08
Thanks Tony. So, the Basic Lockpick 3 is the one to get?

Their website is as horrible as advertised!
Lockpick 3 basic is what you need and it really works well. Installation will only take 10 minutes. The people that work for that company have no clue what they are doing but the products work. If they had a brain for running a business they would make so much money.
Old 07-19-08, 01:36 PM
UCLAAlum
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Save your money! There's an easier way...

I came across this:

http://www.wikihow.com/Override-Lexu...on-Motion-Lock

And IT WORKS. I JUST TRIED IT! I was considering getting the Lockpick 3 but decided to search the web more since a friend of ours tried the Override method on his 2008 Toyota Truck NAV.

I'm not sure if someone else has posted this information earlier. I apologize if this has already been mentioned.

GOOD LUCK EVERYONE!

Quick Reply: 08 RX 400H owners and Coastaletech