Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > Lexus Model Forums > RX Models > RX - 2nd Gen (2004-2009) > Hybrid Technology
Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE >

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Notices
Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Old 12-04-18, 10:16 AM
mlucey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Thomas1!

It's been my dream car since I drove one belonging to my boss 12 years ago. It needs some work,but I'm really pleased.

Best,
Melissa
Old 01-23-19, 05:53 PM
theoretic
Driver School Candidate

I should have posted here a long time ago.

I bought a 2007 400h in 2015 from its original owner, who gave me all its service records. It had about 92K miles. Today it has 157K miles. I used full synthetic oil from the start and had it changed every 5000 miles (which I realize is conservative and probably not necessary). The only "repair" work it has needed has been routine maintenance. When it got to 150K, I had the brakes overhauled, replaced the tires, and had every other notable part and system checked. It passed with flying colors. And it still looks pretty good too!

Last week, my wife and I gave the 400h to our oldest son for his birthday. It's his first car. He graduated from college last year, has a good job, and is living in a townhouse with friends. We both feel he earned it, and are completely confident it will serve him reliably and will be fun to drive for quite a few years to come. In a few minutes, I'm sending him a link to this forum and am going to urge him to follow it regularly. It's pretty clear there are big benefits for those who do so!
Old 04-10-19, 08:39 PM
gashby
Driver School Candidate

Hello Everyone!

I just bought a 07 RX400H as my daily driver! purchased from original owner with all service records (including car wash receipts!)

I love it so far but there is alot I want to change!

These are both my Babies!

Old 04-10-19, 10:28 PM
WolfyLS460
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Very nice! Great timing for the CA gas price hike Lol.
What do you want to change?
First things I did when I bought mine was (1) add bluetooth, (2) new fluids, (3) new shocks.
Also the beeping of the power cargo door bothered me so I disabled it with the button inside glove box.
And I keep all four tires at 36 psi for best comfort and mpg. (still getting 22 city /30 highway)
Original hybrid battery at 185k mi. Knock on wood Lol.

Enjoy your new car!
Old 04-11-19, 11:37 AM
gashby
Driver School Candidate

Yes it is!

My Brabus gets about 10mpg on a good day (732 hp/ 850lbs torque)

I want to add bluetooth, and screen mirroring. I just dont know the best product for this, there are so many on the forums I see!

I also wanted to add a sub, but i dont know how that would hold up with the hybrid system.

Getting it detailed this week, tinted tommorow ( very light ceramic tint, just to protect the interior, keep out the heat)

I also want to get the dash fixed, but lexus doesnt really seem to want to help!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: