Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 12-04-18, 10:16 AM
mlucey
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thanks, Thomas1!

It's been my dream car since I drove one belonging to my boss 12 years ago. It needs some work,but I'm really pleased.

Best,
Melissa
Old 01-23-19, 05:53 PM
theoretic
Driver School Candidate

I should have posted here a long time ago.

I bought a 2007 400h in 2015 from its original owner, who gave me all its service records. It had about 92K miles. Today it has 157K miles. I used full synthetic oil from the start and had it changed every 5000 miles (which I realize is conservative and probably not necessary). The only "repair" work it has needed has been routine maintenance. When it got to 150K, I had the brakes overhauled, replaced the tires, and had every other notable part and system checked. It passed with flying colors. And it still looks pretty good too!

Last week, my wife and I gave the 400h to our oldest son for his birthday. It's his first car. He graduated from college last year, has a good job, and is living in a townhouse with friends. We both feel he earned it, and are completely confident it will serve him reliably and will be fun to drive for quite a few years to come. In a few minutes, I'm sending him a link to this forum and am going to urge him to follow it regularly. It's pretty clear there are big benefits for those who do so!
Old 04-10-19, 08:39 PM
gashby
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Hello Everyone!

I just bought a 07 RX400H as my daily driver! purchased from original owner with all service records (including car wash receipts!)

I love it so far but there is alot I want to change!

These are both my Babies!

The following 2 users liked this post by gashby:
RadiantX45 (03-19-21), YEHONADAV (10-23-20)
Old 04-10-19, 10:28 PM
WolfyLS460
Pit Crew

Received 27 Likes on 24 Posts

Very nice! Great timing for the CA gas price hike Lol.
What do you want to change?
First things I did when I bought mine was (1) add bluetooth, (2) new fluids, (3) new shocks.
Also the beeping of the power cargo door bothered me so I disabled it with the button inside glove box.
And I keep all four tires at 36 psi for best comfort and mpg. (still getting 22 city /30 highway)
Original hybrid battery at 185k mi. Knock on wood Lol.

Enjoy your new car!
Old 04-11-19, 11:37 AM
gashby
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Yes it is!

My Brabus gets about 10mpg on a good day (732 hp/ 850lbs torque)

I want to add bluetooth, and screen mirroring. I just dont know the best product for this, there are so many on the forums I see!

I also wanted to add a sub, but i dont know how that would hold up with the hybrid system.

Getting it detailed this week, tinted tommorow ( very light ceramic tint, just to protect the interior, keep out the heat)

I also want to get the dash fixed, but lexus doesnt really seem to want to help!
The following users liked this post:
SJM (08-19-21)
Old 06-18-20, 04:17 PM
vseibels
5th Gear

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank you for the WELCOME ! I am an owner of 2008 hybrid 400 for 1 year, bought it used from a friend whose ex wife had it.. She has changed the timing belt at 90k I think. I want to sell as it has 185K and runs great but I am concerned I will have to replace the HYbrid battery soon , any thoughts. ? or feedback
Old 06-18-20, 04:18 PM
vseibels
5th Gear

I think it is a great car but my income is almost 0 unless I get PUA soon and just want some advice re the hybrid battery , What percentage of them must be replaced.
SJM (08-19-21)
Old 08-14-20, 09:57 AM
sburchill
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Hey all ... My first Lexus ... 2008 RX 400h 197K miles, in really good shape. Hope to get another 150K out of it

Kinda brown/red exterior, Black leather interior ... NAV and a ton of fancy stuff I am not used to. This is replacing a 2004 Jeep Liberty with 195K which is absolutely just falling apart.

Missing: Tonneau Cover, Crank for the jack

Only thing I can find which doesn’t work are the headlight washers.
RadiantX45 (03-27-21)
Old 10-23-20, 02:34 PM
RX300Crys
Driver School Candidate

Default Is it time to go? RX 400 239,760 miles and VSC light

Hi, ALL! This is my first hybrid but second Lexus SUV. The first went 283,000 miles. This one is a hybrid and has 239,760 miles. The VSC light, brake light, and a few other lights came on while driving home. I think this is the end of the road. It needs new tires, new brakes; it makes tons of noises when I am sitting at a light with my foot on the brake. It also has an axle that is leaking. Any thoughts or advice that anyone has is much appreciated.

On another note, I just bought the RC 300. What a beauty!!!
Old 10-23-20, 10:47 PM
iMSQ
Instructor

Received 218 Likes on 186 Posts

Originally Posted by RX300Crys
Hi, ALL! This is my first hybrid but second Lexus SUV. The first went 283,000 miles. This one is a hybrid and has 239,760 miles. The VSC light, brake light, and a few other lights came on while driving home. I think this is the end of the road. It needs new tires, new brakes; it makes tons of noises when I am sitting at a light with my foot on the brake. It also has an axle that is leaking. Any thoughts or advice that anyone has is much appreciated.

On another note, I just bought the RC 300. What a beauty!!!
google first https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hyb...id-system.html and other topics
Old 07-06-21, 12:08 PM
Geemaan
Rookie

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

2008 RX 400h AWD
Color Combo:
Exterior: Black Onyx
Interior: Black with Brown Walnut Accent

Options:
Nav
18" Wheels
Well...everything except for ML Stereo and Rear Entertainment System

Previous car:
2008 Toyota Prius Touring model

The RX is my Son's Vehicle.

Old 08-19-21, 10:12 AM
SJM
7th Gear

My first time posting-
I bought my 2007 RX 400h AWD in November of 2020, with 169,460 miles on it.
-Bamboo Pearl color, with light beige interior
-18" wheels
-Navigation system
-Premium Plus Package
-Towing Prep Package
-Wood steering wheel
-Cargo mat
The previous owner installed Weather Tech side window deflectors and floor liners in the front. I just bought some cheap rubber mats for the back seat floor because I very rarely have anyone in the back seat.
I had to buy new tires for the front, timing belt and water pump replacement, new rear calipers and break pads, oil/filter change, and an overall inspection.
Remaining problems, that I have an appointment to fix at the end of the month- some rust on the passenger door, sudden seeping of water leaking into the B pillars after weeks of rain(the 2 previous owners must have had a garage) and the front seatbelts getting damp, the B pillars now have water stains on them..

The FM antenna broke off, so I'm trying to find out about a replacement right now.
I have only put about 3k miles on it since November.
I love it! My first Lexus, after driving Honda Accords for 30 years! I just sold my 2000 Accord that I had bought new.
Margate330 (08-19-21)
Old 08-19-21, 08:01 PM
Margate330
Lexus Test Driver

Received 865 Likes on 693 Posts

Originally Posted by SJM
My first time posting-
I bought my 2007 RX 400h AWD in November of 2020, with 169,460 miles on it.
-Bamboo Pearl color, with light beige interior
-18" wheels
-Navigation system
-Premium Plus Package
-Towing Prep Package
-Wood steering wheel
-Cargo mat
The previous owner installed Weather Tech side window deflectors and floor liners in the front. I just bought some cheap rubber mats for the back seat floor because I very rarely have anyone in the back seat.
I had to buy new tires for the front, timing belt and water pump replacement, new rear calipers and break pads, oil/filter change, and an overall inspection.
Remaining problems, that I have an appointment to fix at the end of the month- some rust on the passenger door, sudden seeping of water leaking into the B pillars after weeks of rain(the 2 previous owners must have had a garage) and the front seatbelts getting damp, the B pillars now have water stains on them..

The FM antenna broke off, so I'm trying to find out about a replacement right now.
I have only put about 3k miles on it since November.
I love it! My first Lexus, after driving Honda Accords for 30 years! I just sold my 2000 Accord that I had bought new.
Welcome to Club Lexus!
SJM (08-19-21)
Old 11-10-21, 07:10 PM
Florida21
Driver School Candidate

Just purchased a 2008 rx400h. Love it. I’m new to the forum.
Old 11-11-21, 11:25 AM
giraffebea
Driver School Candidate

Default 2006 RX400H transmission fluid service

Hello everyone l,

A few months ago I bought my RX which is in outstanding condition from a neighbor to babied this car. When I was going over the service records with him I noticed that the transmission fluid had never been changed although all the other fluids had been. He told me the Lexus dealership which serviced the car said it wasn’t supposed to be changed.

I don’t believe in “lifetime” fluids although I’m willing to change my mind if presented with good evidence. The car has 134K miles and I would like to know what other owners have experienced with this transmission. I always work on my own cars so I would have no problem doing this myself but if anyone in this forum has done this work I’d also be interested in hearing about your experience.

Thanks so much. I’m glad to have found this forum.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE