Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the 2004 -2009 RX400H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the RX400H. Please use the main forum for discussion about shared components with other second generation RX models.

Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 09-03-14, 07:36 PM
Silantra
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default 2006 RX400h... almost 140,000 mi. and going strong

I have a 2006 RX400h, Millennium Silver exterior with black leather interior bought 9 mo. ago with 138,330 mi. on it. My first Lexus. It has all maintenance records since it was put in service.

Options: 18” wheels, Nav, rear view camera, ML Sound system w/6 disc cd player, heated seats, tow package, rain-sensing wipers, sunroof, headlight washer, Weather Tech in the rear cargo area, and every other option available. The timing belt was replaced at 98,000 mi., the inverter and auxiliary battery replaced at 130,000 mi. by the previous owner.

I bought it so I could have an AWD ready for towing but it did not bring a tow hitch, so I ordered a 2007 Toyota Highlander tow hitch, which is the same OEM hitch for this car (both the Lexus and the Toyota part # are stamped on the hitch) and had it installed at the Park's Toyota dealership in Deland, Florida. (The closest Lexus dealership is over 1 hr drive from me). I didn’t care for the Michelin tires it had and replaced them with Continental’s, PureContact with EcoPlus Technology, all season tires. They ride smooth and have great traction and handling in heavy rain or towing the boat. I also added rain guards to all the windows. The driver side arm rest pad, I suspect, had been recovered with some cheap vinyl (that made no effort to even pretend to look like leather). On that subject I found almost no information anywhere. So I went to various upholstery shops and many would not do cars. I was ultimately referred to a woman doing custom upholstery for high end boats who also did jobs for local car dealerships and body shops. She agreed to do all 4 arm rests and suggested I use leather like material used in marine applications, highly tolerant of heat, UV rays (very important in hot climates like in Florida), also resistant to soiling and easy to clean. She showed me a Bertram she was reupholstering and I was surprised at the feel and look of the seats. I went ahead with it and she not only redid the 4 arm rests, she also added a little extra padding and the end result was pretty amazing. My seats are in great shape and those new arm rests pads really compliment the interior and make the car look pretty cool. Very happy with the car so far.

I appreciate the wealth of information that members share with one another. Glad I joined.

I gave up a 2006 Z71 Chevy Silverado quad cab w/ leather interior and every bell and whistle… and happy that I did. It barely got 16 mpg on a good day.
Old 09-17-14, 12:09 PM
chrispham
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 RX400h

Just purchased my RX400h Crystal White, grey interior, 18" Wheels, every option except ML system, laser cruise, & rear video. 67,500 miles when purchased. Absolutely love driving it! Starting to add different small upgrades to it like LED bulbs throughout the vehicle.
Old 09-23-14, 12:32 AM
junojim
Driver School Candidate

Talking '06 RX 400h

Well I finally did it, I traded my Toy Solara for a RX 400h, '06. It is white ext/cream interior. All the bells and whistles except for wood trim.
I bought it through a dealer and am waiting for an owner's manual. There are some things that baffle me esp. the nav. unit and I just listen to the radio, do I buy a second key from the dealer or straight from Lexus.
I have owned a 300 SC, what a beautiful car. I traded it on a VW Diesel [44mpg] auto, no matter city or highway. Now I just want something to get where I'm going - - in comfort and safety ( & style). The technology is incredible (I'm just catching on to when the electric power is running the car). Thinking of buying a shop manual, anybody know costs involved?
My car is beautiful so I will get some pictures.
Old 09-23-14, 12:41 AM
junojim
Driver School Candidate

Default '06 RX 400h

Can I get an original sticker if I send the vin to Lexus?
Old 12-01-14, 05:22 PM
bobbennett
Driver School Candidate

Question 2007 rx 400h

I just purchased my rx hybrid in Daytona beach ,fla from spanos motors I paid 19,000 for it . I t had one owner and I need to here about these baterries that go hay wirw and anything else that everyone experienced
Old 01-19-15, 09:45 AM
billdrives
Driver School Candidate

Default car died

Hi my name is Bill and I hope someone can give me some insight concerning my car.

Bought my RX400H 3 years ago. It is a 2007 model with a blue exterior and dark blue seats. It has AWD sports options. Before I had the Lexus I drove a Mercedes.

Yesterday I was in a grocery store while my wife was sitting in the car (car was on) and when I got to the car my wife told me that the car just died about 5 minutes before I got to the car. After about 5 minutes the car started with several tries. After I drove home I waited about an hour and the car started without a problem as well as the morning. No problem now but that one incident scares me.

I had "INVERTER" replaced because of the recall. Does anyone have any idea what might be happening or are there any recalls that I might not know about?

I thank you for your time and assistance in advance.

Best regards.
Jim

Jim
Old 01-19-15, 07:03 PM
thomas1
Pole Position

Received 91 Likes on 77 Posts

Welcome aboard, with the currant info you gave only thing that comes to mind is the 12volt battery that turns the car on. Do you have any lights on? When you say it died, did the car not come back to ready state when started.?
Old 02-23-15, 08:20 AM
camaro305
Driver School Candidate

Smile My first Lexus

Hi folks,

i just bought a 2007 Lexus RX400h. It has 115'000 km, the color is black with creme leather interieur. For the winter i have some 17" alloys, in summer i change to the original 18" wheels. During the last few days i put in a set of daylight drivinglights and a trailer hitch. It has all options such as sunroof, navi, rear cam and parkdistance control. The actual fuel consumption is 9 l/100km.

The RX is a replacment for a 2007 KIA Sedona witch a had for the last 4 years.

Before the KIA a had 2 Voyagers and a few car's more such as Chrysler Daytona, Audi 200 Turbo, Renault R11 Turbo, Toyota Corolla DOHC, a Mitsubishi Galant Dynamic4 and Sigma and my first car ever a Mini 1275 GT. For daily use my wife has a Suzuki Wagon R+ AWD and for pleasure i have a 88 Camaro 305.

I hope to get some contact here in this forum and i hope that i made the rigth decision with buying a Lexus.
Old 03-01-15, 12:50 PM
ExLex
Driver School Candidate

Default 2007 rx 400h

Hi...I believe I posted up first in the wrong place not knowing enough about my Lexus. Anyway this is a replacement vehicle for a Honda Odyssey I wrapped around a deer. The Odyssey was my wife's car so that meant she got to go shopping and thus we landed a Lexus.
Old 03-31-15, 10:46 AM
Swashplate
Driver School Candidate

Hey Chaps.

Just picked up a 07 RX400h in Sand with ivory interior.
It is fully loaded. with 100,000 on the clock. One owner with full Lexus maint history.

The previous owners must have been compulsive hand washers as the interior is immaculate.

Never thought I would buy one of these but looking at the value proposition and our need for a plush daily commuter...there was no other option.

My daily was a slightly modded BMW Z4M Coupe.
Old 04-02-15, 08:37 PM
Colo08h
Driver School Candidate

Default 2008 400h

Hey all,
Just picked up a great condition Golden Almond Metallic 2008 for my Wife with 145k on the clock. One owner and only dealer maintained. Tight and solid. Felt right after driving half a dozen other years/mileage combos and thought $13k was a deal.
Glad to be on board with you all, as a great place to share great experiences and insights both personal and technical about these wonderful autos.
Been following the posts for a few weeks now and have enjoyed all the intelligent and thoughtful conversations among the members here.

Cheers.
Old 04-18-15, 02:40 PM
lexusNUA
Driver School Candidate

Hi folks,

My name is Nasar. 10 months ago, I bought a 2008 Lexus RX400h. It has 119,000 miles, the color is white with creme leather interieur and fully loaded all options such as sunroof, navi, rear cam etc. Recently I have problem, sometime the AC is not blowing cold even I set to 70 degree while outside Temp 82 and couple hours later it blows cold air. Sometime it indicates WATER TEMP. I brought to a lexus dealer, they suspect but not sure maybe I need to change my water pump all together it may cost $1800. Any suggest would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks
Nasar

Last edited by lexusNUA; 04-18-15 at 02:56 PM. Reason: for corrections
Old 05-05-15, 03:19 PM
dawnlpm
Driver School Candidate

Default Just got my first Lexus!

I am so very excited! I have been looking at cars for a year as my health has been declining rapidly and my current vehicle is very rough and truck-like. I had come to the realization that no matter how much I loved that car, I would need to get something more suited to my needs. I had been looking for the perfect Ford Escape because I wanted another SUV as I have several dogs that go to daycare during the week. When I went to Carmax 2 weeks ago, the salesman said to me "I love Fords. I have had 10 and I currently own an Escape myself. My kids have them as well and they bought them from here but to be honest, if you need a vehicle that's good for your body, you need a Lexus". And...I went on a hunt for a Lexus. Within a couple of days I found one that fit most of my criteria, I had it inspected by Lexus as it was at an independent dealership and they gave it a thumbs up. I purchased it this past Saturday and so far I am happy with it.

Thank you so much for all of the advice / help in the forums because reading those definitely helped me make a confident and informed decision!!!

It's black / black
2008 RX 400h
54,000 miles
$20,700

It has a few things like the paint needs a $300 touchup that I am doing Wednesday next week. Also, it doesn't have Sirius so I need to figure out how to get that. I downloaded an app to start tracking the milage because I was concerned that when using the display setting by the speedometer was showing 7 - 18 mpg which can't possibly be correct.

In any case, I am having fun exploring and I am glad I have this place to read and learn about my new vehicle!
Old 06-28-15, 02:14 PM
avidburnt
Driver School Candidate

Default Proud of my first Lexus

Hey Everyone,

Just purchased a 2007 Millennium Silver RX400h as a family vehicle. 100k on the ODO. Full service records from Lexus and Toyota dealers. This vehicle is tight as a drum and was obviously very well maintained. Looking forward to putting about 50-75k on this vehicle if possible.

I've been around the forum for about a week reading around and building up my confidence to buy a used, luxury branded hybrid.. I think I'll be ok. I have a dealer appt. this Wed. to give it another once over and talk about any outstanding or foreseeable issues and maintenance.

Thanks
-Tim
Old 07-29-15, 08:36 PM
EDU
Driver School Candidate

Rookie here, picking up my first Rh400h this coming Friday.
2006 w 149Kmiles, it looks like is brand new. I cant wait.

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! RX400h owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE