Hybrid Technology Unique topics related to the GS450H model hybrid drivetrain and other features/options found only on the GS450H. Please use the main 3GS forum for discussion about shared components with other third generation GS models.

2006 GS hybrid confirmed by Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-05, 10:50 AM
LexFather

Default 2006 GS hybrid confirmed by Lexus

I am about to go to a SELOC meet but I am holding a newspaper article with Lexus stating the hybrid GS will be sold in 2006. This is fantastic news and really will seperate the GS from every other luxury sport sedan on the market.
Old 01-02-05, 02:54 PM
Neo
The One

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

Hot Damn! Any other info confirmed on the hybrid? Numbers?
Old 01-02-05, 04:02 PM
frebay
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
I am about to go to a SELOC meet but I am holding a newspaper article with Lexus stating the hybrid GS will be sold in 2006. This is fantastic news and really will seperate the GS from every other luxury sport sedan on the market.

that's great news, so does this mean the year 2006, or model year 2006 which means 2005.
Old 01-02-05, 06:26 PM
NeverSatisfied
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by frebay
that's great news, so does this mean the year 2006, or model year 2006 which means 2005.
Probably sold in '06 as an '07? (like the '04/'05 RX)??
Old 01-02-05, 07:36 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Received 531 Likes on 280 Posts

For all the naysayers...this is the same info I shared here almost 2 weeks ago:

https://www.clublexus.com/forums/sho...5&page=2&pp=15

2007 GS450h it is for Sept 2006!
Old 01-02-05, 08:22 PM
alexus
Pole Position

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

i would definetly consider of trading in my gs to a new GS w/ hybrid engine 100% i would finance it!
Old 01-03-05, 12:39 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Like the GS (and other cars in the class) are not heavy enough already, now we'll throw another 200lbs of potential trouble in for the heck of it.
Like the Accord hybrid - the hybrid addition does not make sense financially (unless Lexus gives it away), performance wise (minimal gains) or enviromentally for that matter (the milage gains are offset by the increased polution caused by the manufacture and eventual disposal by all the batteries). This whole hybrid thing is just a "me-too" marketing gimick that the US consumer is getting hooked on, the same as the SUV craze. You want good performance with great gas milage - get the new BMW 535 (272HP twin turbo I6 diesel that gets 40MPG) - oh yeah - you can't get that in the US.
Old 01-03-05, 01:24 PM
bitkahuna
Lexus Fanatic

Received 2,126 Likes on 1,378 Posts

Originally Posted by biker
Like the GS (and other cars in the class) are not heavy enough already, now we'll throw another 200lbs of potential trouble in for the heck of it.
Like the Accord hybrid - the hybrid addition does not make sense financially (unless Lexus gives it away), performance wise (minimal gains) or enviromentally for that matter (the milage gains are offset by the increased polution caused by the manufacture and eventual disposal by all the batteries). This whole hybrid thing is just a "me-too" marketing gimick that the US consumer is getting hooked on, the same as the SUV craze. You want good performance with great gas milage - get the new BMW 535 (272HP twin turbo I6 diesel that gets 40MPG) - oh yeah - you can't get that in the US.
Wow, could you be any more negative?

Hybrids aren't noisy like some cheesy turbo diesel. Hybrids deliver class leading torque. Hybrids can significantly improve gas mileage in stop and go traffic in clogged cities.

Plus, by purchasing hybrid technology the public will be helping lead the way to it getting better, where it CAN more significantly lower our dependence on oil.

Where are you, by the way? You seem to know about the US but your location says 'international'.
Old 01-03-05, 02:28 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by 1SICKLEX
Good news for sure. Hopefully by that time we'll also be getting the GS460.

Does that newspaper article mention the source of the info though? Otherwise it's still unconfirmed rumor to me.
Old 01-03-05, 02:36 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

You want good performance with great gas milage - get the new BMW 535 (272HP twin turbo I6 diesel that gets 40MPG) - oh yeah - you can't get that in the US.
Diesels are not the trend here in the US and pollute too much compared to it's gasoline counterpart. Not economical nor is it environmentally friendly with our strict emission standards, especially here in CA.
Old 01-03-05, 02:47 PM
flipside909
Lexus Connoisseur

Originally Posted by XeroK00L
Good news for sure. Hopefully by that time we'll also be getting the GS460.

Does that newspaper article mention the source of the info though? Otherwise it's still unconfirmed rumor to me.
GS450h Hybrid is coming in 06 as an 07 model. My source is corporate. That info the newspaper has receieved is most likely directed from corporate.
Old 01-03-05, 04:44 PM
jarrett
Driver School Candidate

Default Gas is Better.

Originally Posted by flipside909
GS450h Hybrid is coming in 06 as an 07 model. My source is corporate. That info the newspaper has receieved is most likely directed from corporate.

Just give me the regular Preminum gas price 93-96 octane.

I really havent done that much research on the Hybrid Car. But gas is much better. Plus they said that Fuel econmy will increase MPG n the city and on the Highway with the 06 GS 300 AWd.
Old 01-03-05, 04:52 PM
XeroK00L
Lexus Fanatic

Originally Posted by flipside909
Ahh...hearing a confirmation from flipside is such an assurance second only to hearing it from Clement himself. Thanks, dude.
Old 01-03-05, 05:49 PM
Vladi
Pole Position

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

This whole hybrid thing is just a "me-too" marketing gimick that the US consumer is getting hooked on, the same as the SUV craze. You want good performance with great gas milage - get the new BMW 535 (272HP twin turbo I6 diesel that gets 40MPG) - oh yeah - you can't get that in the US.
I never understood the purpose of V6 and V8 diesels. They drink as much as fuel as their gasoline brothers when driven like every other car. Difference is not bigger than 20% if even that.
The only plus is that they are far more smoother than 4 cyl diesels and offer performance close or equal to gas powered models.

But what about the price?
530 costs 41K Euros average consumption 9.5l/100km
535d costs more than 49K Euros avrg cons. 8l/100km
That's a difference of more than 8,000 for what?

What about the reliability?
I have freakin 4 cyl A4 TDI and every year I change some air flow electronics. First it was covered by the warranty but now I have to pay for it. Every freakin year.. Turbo got jammed two times. Do you really want to have one more turbo?
They say that diesel engines can go forever which is probably true but electronics that support them certanly can't.

If you want to save the fuel drive the 4 cylinder diesel. If the fuel is not the problem buy 3.0 V6 gasoline which consumps almost the same amount of fuel as 1.8 gas engine and V6 diesel. Why buy V6 diesel? I have no clue..
Old 01-04-05, 01:25 AM
biker
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by bitkahuna
Wow, could you be any more negative?

Where are you, by the way? You seem to know about the US but your location says 'international'.
Yeah, I guess I do come off a bit negative on this particular subject when I think the car companies are trying to sucker people in like the current SUV craze. Europe figured out a long time ago there's a enviromentally friendly way to use less oil and hybrids were not the answer. The problem with the US is that the tree hugging ***** of California virtually dictate what the average consumer gets in the rest of the country. The E320 Diesel was sold out in a few months but god forbid CA allow it to be sold there.

BTW, the country designator around here is CH.

Quick Reply: 2006 GS hybrid confirmed by Lexus