Notices
HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

wheels

Old 04-27-19, 06:17 PM
dniice
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default wheels

My cousin has a 2011 HS with 19-inch wheels. Its pretty low with a nice looking offset. It has a somewhat slammed look, which is not what I'm looking for. Can I go with 20-inch wheels and lower it?
Run 225/35/20 tires?

I would love to hear some insight on this.

Thanks, everyone.
Old 04-29-19, 12:06 PM
[email protected]
Sponsor

Received 12 Likes on 12 Posts

You can probably run a 20" but if you plan on lowering it in the future, it may cause some rubbing issues.

Edit: Tire size will be determined based on the width of the wheel.

Check Out The All NEW BD-F18

Phone: (818) 362-2300
E-Mail: [email protected]
IG: @BDWheels
FB: /BlaqueDiamondWheels
Old 04-30-19, 01:14 PM
Clutchless
Lexus Champion

Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

on 20 inch wheels your tires will blow out on the third pothole you hit, also damaging your wheels as you will have no sidewall. 19 is the largest any sane person would go. Also, it will destroy your ride as you will no longer have any sidewall flex to absorb impacts, leading to endless teeth chattering, back pain and complaining wife or girlfriend.
I have enough tire failure issues on the 18 inch wheels around the Washington, DC area with its crappy roads.

The www.tirerack.com has a plus one etc tire size calculator so you can learn what size tires will work as you increase wheel size. Also you can call them up for advice.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: wheels

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: