Notices
HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Coilovers ? or Lowering Springs and struts

Old 04-27-19, 06:13 PM
dniice
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Coilovers ? or Lowering Springs and struts

I want to lower my HS. Should l go with Tein Coilovers or lowering springs? This is a daily driver, it will never see the track. I want to keep the ride close to stock.
Old 04-30-19, 01:10 PM
Clutchless
Lexus Champion

Received 170 Likes on 160 Posts

Who makes lowering springs? I am surprised Tein even makes coilovers for the HS considering how few of them were sold in the US. Who sells all this stuff? Springs are usually much cheaper than coilovers and would be my choice for a daily driver.
If you get lowering springs you may cause your factory struts & shocks to fail earlier as they may not be able to handle the lowering. However, I am unsure if anyone makes aftermarket struts & shocks. I do recall the rare Touring model has stiffer struts & shocks than the Premium & base which have the same suspension.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Coilovers ? or Lowering Springs and struts

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: