Old 03-11-19, 09:12 AM
dapper23
Driver School Candidate

Default Trim Coming Off on Roof

Trim sticking out on roof.

Closer view.

Side view.
Hi all,

I have an issue and wanted to see if any of you ran into this and/or know how to repair it. The trim on the passenger's side roof has started to come off. I'm not sure why it started doing so. We did have a lot of snow and extremely cold winter year to date. I don't recall anyone hitting that area, nor the trim getting caught in anything.

When I try to push it back in, it just pops right back out. It seems like glue originally held it in.

Any ideas on how to repair?
Old 03-13-19, 02:05 AM
newgsman
Lead Lap

There is a similar issue with the IS roof trims. My daughter's 2009 IS250 lost its trim piece on all together. Probably flew off while on the highway. I bought a replacement piece from the dealer with new clips but I still wound up having to glue it in place to make sure it would stay. Without glue it seemed naturally want to lift up. It's been in place for about 3-4 years now.
Old 03-13-19, 12:09 PM
dapper23
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by newgsman View Post
There is a similar issue with the IS roof trims. My daughter's 2009 IS250 lost its trim piece on all together. Probably flew off while on the highway. I bought a replacement piece from the dealer with new clips but I still wound up having to glue it in place to make sure it would stay. Without glue it seemed naturally want to lift up. It's been in place for about 3-4 years now.
What kind of glue did you use?
Old 03-13-19, 07:19 PM
newgsman
Lead Lap

I think it it was Goop. .

Search this Thread

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: