Notices
HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Is it worth it? Looking to buy a HS250h 2010.

Old 12-31-18, 09:00 AM
Remimn
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Default Is it worth it? Looking to buy a HS250h 2010.

Hi,

First of, im new to the forum so greetings to all from Montreal, Quebec in Canada.

I have a deal for a HS250h 2010 with 140,000 miles. One owner, always lexus maintained and no outstanding recalls. The owner is asking 5200$ usd.

Is it worth it? I am a crafty guy so in the eventually that the battery fails, how hard is it to buy the cells? are they the same as a camry hybrid? What should I look into when buying this car? I already owned a 2009 prius on original batteries with just a little over 195k miles running strong.

Here are some pictures of the car.

Thanks!

Last edited by Remimn; 12-31-18 at 09:04 AM.
Old 12-31-18, 09:38 AM
AnthonyMJ
Pole Position

Liked 31 Times in 26 Posts

She certainly is a looker
Old 12-31-18, 09:52 AM
Remimn
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by AnthonyMJ View Post
She certainly is a looker
she certainly is. however she needs a little tlc for the interior. Driver floor carpet is all used up (torn), never seen this before on any car.
Old 12-31-18, 07:43 PM
Magellan55

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Looks like the Premium model. I have a similar 2010 with 125k miles and it's still running strong, no oil usage, no rattles, same mpg as new, etc. Only issue is the driver seat leather is starting to crack in one corner, and the paint on the rear spoiler is a bit faded. IMO these cars are way undervalued in the market due to being discontinued so I saved mine for my daughters to use in high school instead of selling it when I got my new car this past summer. Compared to what else you can buy for $5K, IMO these cars are just much nicer. Same battery chem as the Prius so should last just as long. I'm betting on my car lasting them through college (they are in 8th grade now - so another 8 years).
Old 12-31-18, 07:49 PM
Remimn
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan55 View Post
Looks like the Premium model. I have a similar 2010 with 125k miles and it's still running strong, no oil usage, no rattles, same mpg as new, etc. Only issue is the driver seat leather is starting to crack in one corner, and the paint on the rear spoiler is a bit faded. IMO these cars are way undervalued in the market due to being discontinued so I saved mine for my daughters to use in high school instead of selling it when I got my new car this past summer. Compared to what else you can buy for $5K, IMO these cars are just much nicer. Same battery chem as the Prius so should last just as long. I'm betting on my car lasting them through college (they are in 8th grade now - so another 8 years).

​​​​​​Thats very comforting to know. How long have you had yours and what does maintenance look like? How is the weather where you live and what mpg do you get?
Old 01-01-19, 12:09 AM
bigtiger88
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Remimn View Post
​​​​​​Thats very comforting to know. How long have you had yours and what does maintenance look like? How is the weather where you live and what mpg do you get?
i'm getting 6,5-7l/100km and i'm from canada too, great car
Old 01-01-19, 08:24 AM
Remimn
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtiger88 View Post
i'm getting 6,5-7l/100km and i'm from canada too, great car
I see that he is getting 8.5 l/100km... he says its giving him 7 in the summer.
Old 01-01-19, 09:55 AM
bigtiger88
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

I see that he is getting 8.5 l/100km... he says its giving him 7 in the summer.
well its really depending on the gas brand. esso gives me.better mileage, costco the worst
Old 01-01-19, 09:58 AM
Remimn
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bigtiger88 View Post
well its really depending on the gas brand. esso gives me.better mileage, costco the worst
he says hes always putting premium gas... weird
Old 01-01-19, 02:39 PM
bigtiger88
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

he says hes always putting premium gas... weird
regular, but esso mobil tend to get better mileage than shell or ultramar since you are in montreal.
Old 01-02-19, 05:17 PM
Magellan55

Liked 17 Times in 12 Posts

Bought new 9 years ago. Garage kept, but sits outside at work every day. I'm in North Carolina, so not a lot of winter weather. Get 35-37 mpg on 87 octane regular gas. I do get it serviced at Lexus dealer - that's one area where this car is expensive to own (though many take theirs to Toyota dealer / independent shop / DIY). Oil change every 10k miles, other stuff every 30k, just had major service done at 120k. Still on original brake pads (typical for hybrid). Tires last maybe 30k miles but that's highly dependent on what type of tire you like.
Old 01-03-19, 03:44 PM
rajeev6
Driver

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Magellan55 View Post
Bought my 2010 HS250 Premium in 2010 May and has 119k miles on it.
Older daughter just turned 18 and she's getting it. And she's excited that she's getting a Lexus
I also have few cracks in the leather in the driver seat but everything else still looks excellent and drives great!
Old 01-04-19, 12:52 PM
A3OD
Driver School Candidate

Liked 4 Times in 4 Posts

I have a 2010 premium and totally recommend this car if you're looking for an extremely reliable long term fuel efficient luxury hybrid vehicle.
Old 01-05-19, 03:22 PM
Clutchless
Lexus Champion

Liked 150 Times in 142 Posts

Nice car and there is a recall to replace the transmission for free on all 2010 HS250h vehicles. So get it done if it has not already been done!
Old 01-05-19, 07:42 PM
Remimn
Driver School Candidate

Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Clutchless View Post
Nice car and there is a recall to replace the transmission for free on all 2010 HS250h vehicles. So get it done if it has not already been done!
its been replaced 40k miles ago. Can anybody tell me why I have a camera on the top middle of my front windshield?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: