HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

The re-recall info

Old 01-30-14, 08:44 AM
ceads9
Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default The re-recall info

Has anyone heard anything about the recall to fix the recall on the rear suspension . Back in Oct . They sent out the info but never heard back from them again
Old 03-07-14, 06:20 PM
drklain
Driver School Candidate

I've heard nothing either...and the dealership seems to know nothing about it. The tech seems to confuse the recall for the earlier one...
Old 03-08-14, 12:19 AM
noku
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Asked my service rep the other day at the dealership, he says that (paraphrasing here) nothing new from Lexus in regards to it and that they might "cancel it". However I got in the mail today a recall for the Brake Booster Pump Assembly housing, which may crack and nitrogen gas could leak into the brake fluid and gradually cause a reduction in the power assist. Notice specifically points to "Certain 2010 Model Year HS250h Vehicles".
Old 03-13-14, 06:17 PM
drklain
Driver School Candidate

Talked to my service rep who indicated there was nothing new on the re-recall as well. Asked about the Brake assembly one noku mentioned and was told they had no record of it... Since I have a '10 HS, it may not apply to me but I am surprised they had not heard of it...
Old 03-14-14, 05:04 AM
ceads9
Driver

Thanks for the updates . I was in KC the other day and asked about it to and ,they have no idea what's going on.
Old 03-14-14, 11:41 AM
noku
Driver

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by drklain
Talked to my service rep who indicated there was nothing new on the re-recall as well. Asked about the Brake assembly one noku mentioned and was told they had no record of it... Since I have a '10 HS, it may not apply to me but I am surprised they had not heard of it...
Originally Posted by ceads9
Thanks for the updates . I was in KC the other day and asked about it to and ,they have no idea what's going on.
Called service rep today and asked about it, says that not all '10 HS250h affected by the recall. It's manufactured date specific, luckily your vehicles are not included. Will be taking mine in after having new struts installed on my Camry or even wait until I creep closer to my 30k scheduled maintenance service, I got only 25k now.
Old 03-20-14, 06:40 AM
LEXTRAINER
Driver School Candidate

Default Lsc-13c

LSC13C – Safety Recall CSE - Rear Lower Suspension Arm No.1 , the latest repair to the rear suspension of the HS is just getting started at the dealership level. The technicians that are qualified to do the repairs are in training next week and the repairs will start after that. The fix will be to align the vehicle and epoxy the adjusting hardware on the rear strut rods. This is the second stage of this repair and will only have limited Lexus technicians available to preform the repair.
Old 03-21-14, 04:58 AM
ceads9
Driver

Training for that ? Doesn't sound that hard
Thanks for the info
Old 05-04-14, 05:12 PM
sublexus
Rookie

I just received my recall notice for the "final" fix. It covers 2010 Model Year Lexus HS 250h Vehicles and involves the Rear Lower Suspension Arms (No.1).

The notice states in part "Several months ago Lexus initiated a Safety Recall on these vehicles (Safety Recall CLE). Since then, it was discovered that some inspections were not adequate and portions of the repair procedure may not have been performed correctly."

Even though it doesn't sound that hard, the first recall called for inspection of the arms and clarification for the technicians as to how to properly secure the arms after an alignment. The second recall was another inspection of the arms and the application of white labels on the arms, again to bring attention to the technicians of what to do after alignment. Now they are going to check the alignment and epoxy the arms, making them non-adjustable. It sounds like training might be in order, since the techs seem to have trouble following what seem to be simple procedures.

I have mixed emotions about the arms now being non-adjustable. I wonder what problems that will present when alignment goes out and can't be corrected. I'm sure there will be a solution for that when/if the time comes.
Old 05-05-14, 04:04 AM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I think one of the problems was in their own systems. I took mine in right after the first recall, before the stickers were available, and had them inspect it. When I got the second notice that the fix was in (basically the sticker), I took it back in only to find when I picked it up that they saw it was "already done" in their system so the tech didn't do squat. He didn't even bother to look to see if the sticker was there. I let them know of my dissatisfaction in the follow-up survey, and maybe enough other people did the same, to where Lexus feels they have to make this fix more idiot-proof?
Old 05-08-14, 02:19 AM
GS300ken
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts
Default Got the recall letter from Lexus

I just received the letter from Lexus as well regarding of the suspension arm on 5/6/2014. My Lexus dealer did tight the nut during the first recall and I have scheduled this recall remedy this Saturday, the advisor estimated around 2 hours for the fix.
Old 05-08-14, 04:47 AM
ceads9
Driver

Great thanks for the info.
Old 05-17-14, 01:14 AM
GS300ken
Pole Position

Received 24 Likes on 19 Posts

No parts were available so I have to come back on May 24th for the recall.
Old 05-17-14, 09:44 AM
Rocketroy
Driver School Candidate

Default Recall

Originally Posted by ceads9
I received recall notice in the mail, talked to dealer apparently parts for rear suspension are back ordered, they indicated I would be notified when parts came in.
Old 05-18-14, 11:43 AM
ceads9
Driver

Took mine to KC lexus yesterday , and parts are on ordered . He said he can't let me take the car no soooo, I got a 2014 ES300h as the loaner until the parts come in. I live 100 miles south so I get to drive it until the are finished . BtW I got 32.7 mpg on the way home with wife and two kids . Driving 79 mph. Got better than that with my HS. This isn't my first time to drive the ES. Nice car detail later if needed.
Eads

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: The re-recall info