HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Don't you love it when . . .

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-12, 06:05 PM
PinkyB69
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Don't you love it when . . .

People come up to you or stop you while walking to your car and ask what model is that and other questions about your car? It may be the Edsel of Lexus but the fact that there are so few on the road and has so many cool features makes it a rare gem! I can't tell you how much I love my HS250h, but I know everyone who has one, understands my joy!
Old 08-05-12, 05:56 PM
DDS62
Driver

I hope Edseling this fine car comes back and bites Lexus in the arss. I can't help but notice how it refuses to die.

http://www.hybridcars.com/news/july-...ard-49476.html
Old 08-06-12, 09:28 AM
ceads9
Driver

I agree I have people looking and asking questions all the time. Had a person ask me Sat. " whats it cost 50-60k ? Unless a person knows Hybrids or Lexus they have no idea about the car. It is awesome not passing myself everyday going down the road.
Old 08-06-12, 10:07 AM
rajeev6
Pit Crew

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Bought it in 2010 May and still loving it - I rarely drive my 2011 Acura MDX, which is also an awesome car.
One of my cousins remarked one when entering the car "it's like a spaceship"!
ES250H doesn't do it - it a regular car with no cockpit style seating! - Lexus. are you listening?
In one of the commercials, Audi just stole what was previously applicable to HS "My dad is an alien!"
Old 08-06-12, 12:42 PM
PinkyB69
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ceads9
I agree I have people looking and asking questions all the time. Had a person ask me Sat. " whats it cost 50-60k ? Unless a person knows Hybrids or Lexus they have no idea about the car. It is awesome not passing myself everyday going down the road.
Isn't that the truth. I live in suburban DC and I've only seen one other HS250h on the road in the 6 months I've owned my car. That's amazing! It's like we're in our own special club.

I agree with the other poster who said it's like a space ship. It's ultra futuristic! I think we're all much happier than any Edsel owner ever was LOL
Old 08-08-12, 06:57 PM
ntrainer
Driver School Candidate

Hey, PinkyB69, I live in suburban DC, too... but in Virginia. Here in my McLean/N. Arlington neighborhood there are at least four -- one grey, one black, and two of us with blue. Perhaps you ought to move a bit south.

I've met and spoken with two out of the other three owners, first before buying (to get advice), and then one whom I spied at our kids' swim meet. Both were adamant that they really loved their car -- also that it wasn't for everyone, but that they loved their cars.
Old 08-11-12, 02:23 PM
nosurprise
Racer

Received 76 Likes on 61 Posts

I saw an HS250h yesterday. I thought it was an IS250 with clear tail lights -- never seen one before. Very nice looking car Didn't know Lexus makes it, but looks like it's been discontinued ...
Old 08-12-12, 12:48 AM
PinkyB69
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by ntrainer
Hey, PinkyB69, I live in suburban DC, too... but in Virginia. Here in my McLean/N. Arlington neighborhood there are at least four -- one grey, one black, and two of us with blue. Perhaps you ought to move a bit south.

I've met and spoken with two out of the other three owners, first before buying (to get advice), and then one whom I spied at our kids' swim meet. Both were adamant that they really loved their car -- also that it wasn't for everyone, but that they loved their cars.
LOL Oh no, I could never move to VA.You all get taxed on breathing. Wow there's four in your neck of the woods! I purchased my 2010 used from a dealership in VA (had it transferred to a dealer in Laurel). Apparently, someone in VA had it and their lease ended, so she became my baby.

I was able to drive it for four days before I actually signed the purchase paperwork and even looked at a new ES350 but still decided on my black on black HS. No regrets at all. I thought I loved my ES I traded for this car, but I now know what true car love is.
Old 08-14-12, 06:35 PM
LexFather

My family member loves theirs. Trying to maybe talk them into the new ESh but I don't think it has all the optional tech we have in the HS (front camera, HUD etc etc).