ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/)
-   HS 250h Model (2010-2012) (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hs-250h-model-2010-2012-216/)
-   -   Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE (https://www.clublexus.com/forums/hs-250h-model-2010-2012/447429-welcome-to-club-lexus-hs-owner-roll-call-and-member-introduction-thread-post-here.html)

Welcome to CL 12-20-01 07:45 AM

Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Members,

When you get your HS, please introduce yourself and your vehicle here!

Tell us some details about your new Lexus including;

1. Base or Premium
2. Navigation or no nav
3. Exterior and interior Color
4. Which wheel selection (17s or 18s)
5. Anything else

and congratulations from Club Lexus!

has.marvel 09-08-09 08:03 PM

Okay, I guess I will go first. I have two HS250h Lexus cars. I got one for my wife, drove it for a day, liked it so much I traded my Prius for another one. Hers is the Opal something, a sort of blueish silver with light grey interior. Mine is white with tan interior.

They are both configured the same. Having talked to a couple of Southeast dealers, almost all the first shipment or so came this way. They are premium models with the navi option, front and rear cameras and parking assist.

We got both cars the end of August. So far we really like them. We have had hybrids before but these don't seem to be as noticable as hybrids. For instance when stopped at a light, I rarely notice if the engine turns off or not. On the other hybrids I have driven, it was very noticeable.

The thing I will say is that the interior and trunk seem a little cramped given the size of the vehicle. The Prius made much better use of its space. Some of that is because of the sedan style and some is because the seats and all are nicer. But it is something that you are aware of.

Harry

LexFather 09-08-09 09:29 PM

Originally Posted by has.marvel (Post 4831790)
Okay, I guess I will go first. I have two HS250h Lexus cars. I got one for my wife, drove it for a day, liked it so much I traded my Prius for another one. Hers is the Opal something, a sort of blueish silver with light grey interior. Mine is white with tan interior.

They are both configured the same. Having talked to a couple of Southeast dealers, almost all the first shipment or so came this way. They are premium models with the navi option, front and rear cameras and parking assist.

We got both cars the end of August. So far we really like them. We have had hybrids before but these don't seem to be as noticable as hybrids. For instance when stopped at a light, I rarely notice if the engine turns off or not. On the other hybrids I have driven, it was very noticeable.

The thing I will say is that the interior and trunk seem a little cramped given the size of the vehicle. The Prius made much better use of its space. Some of that is because of the sedan style and some is because the seats and all are nicer. But it is something that you are aware of.

Harry

Wow, congrats!:woot:

encore888 09-08-09 09:39 PM

Congrats and welcome to CL! :thumbup::thumbup:

flipside909 09-08-09 10:59 PM

Originally Posted by has.marvel (Post 4831790)

Harry

Welcome Harry and congrats! Silver Opal Mica is definitely the color for the HS. :thumbup: Make sure to post pics of your Starfire HS! I have yet to see one in person if you can believe that.

has.marvel 09-09-09 02:56 PM

Originally Posted by flipside909 (Post 4832244)
Welcome Harry and congrats! Silver Opal Mica is definitely the color for the HS. :thumbup: Make sure to post pics of your Starfire HS! I have yet to see one in person if you can believe that.

I am surprised you haven't seen any of the Starfire ones. I saw at least 4 different ones at two different dealers in the course of a week. Seems to be the most common color. Saw a couple of black ones also. I would think that Red is the color and would have gotten that one if given the choice.

Harry

Casal 09-12-09 11:20 PM

Pick up my HS250h tonight.

Originally ordered Smokey Granite Mica, but a Black Opal HS came in first
and loved the color. ;)

Premium
Navigation Package
Exterior Black Opal/Interior Black
18" wheels
Tech Package

Gave my 2008 Prius to my daughter in college. :thumbup:

The HS is much quieter on the freeway than the Prius.

smalltowns 09-24-09 06:08 PM

Got the first Black Sapphire HD 250 in CT. Had a 1993 Alpine Silver GS300 that I loved (270K miles), BUT took advantage of the cash-for clunkers discount ($4,500) and am glad I did.

The good? Just about everything (35 40 mpg, regular gas, toys galore...). The bad/ Very little storage space for stuff in the "cockpit".

oldhotrod 09-24-09 07:26 PM

I got one of the first HS250h's delivered in SW FL, and as far as I know the only one with both the Navigation AND Technology packages! It's Tungsten Pearl with the Grey Interior & 18" Wheels. The Heads-Up display is Awesome!! Remote Start is equally impressive and the combination of Radar Cruise and Lane Keep Assist is very slick on the Interstate. Car is a solid 30-31 mpg piece around town and the rated EPA 35 mpg is probably doable with a very-very gentle foot (not my nature). Don't know about trip mileage as it's been all around town usage so far! I second the comment about not enough storage space, but the Bluetooth works much better with my iPhone than the system in my SC430! The USB-iPod/iPhone interface also works quite well! And thanks to the e-Destination feature, entering destinations into the Navigation system is a breeze! All in all, I'm very pleased with the car and think Lexus is going to sell every one they ship to the States. My Dealer has a fairly long waiting list and not near enough cars in the "pipeline". To all those "know-it-alls" on this site who bad mouthed the car as a "Pimped Corolla" that was a "Big Mistake" for Lexus to build, walk into your local dealer and try to find one, and you'll be told that the ones coming are all spoken for and it'll be months till you can get one, so I guess those "dummies" at LEXUS have a better idea what will sell than the "CLUB LEXUS experts"

Cruiter 09-27-09 11:26 AM

Originally Posted by oldhotrod (Post 4873082)
I got one of the first HS250h's delivered in SW FL, and as far as I know the only one with both the Navigation AND Technology packages! It's Tungsten Pearl with the Grey Interior & 18" Wheels. The Heads-Up display is Awesome!! Remote Start is equally impressive and the combination of Radar Cruise and Lane Keep Assist is very slick on the Interstate. Car is a solid 30-31 mpg piece around town and the rated EPA 35 mpg is probably doable with a very-very gentle foot (not my nature). Don't know about trip mileage as it's been all around town usage so far! I second the comment about not enough storage space, but the Bluetooth works much better with my iPhone than the system in my SC430! The USB-iPod/iPhone interface also works quite well! And thanks to the e-Destination feature, entering destinations into the Navigation system is a breeze! All in all, I'm very pleased with the car and think Lexus is going to sell every one they ship to the States. My Dealer has a fairly long waiting list and not near enough cars in the "pipeline". To all those "know-it-alls" on this site who bad mouthed the car as a "Pimped Corolla" that was a "Big Mistake" for Lexus to build, walk into your local dealer and try to find one, and you'll be told that the ones coming are all spoken for and it'll be months till you can get one, so I guess those "dummies" at LEXUS have a better idea what will sell than the "CLUB LEXUS experts"

Congratulations. I like the same features you spoke of as they work the same way on my 450h. I'm surprised in a good way that I get pretty much within a mile or two per gallon what you do in the city. And with almost 300 ponies pulling about 5000 lbs. I'm running pretty much in the 29-30 range city and highway. I was doing better but got hooked on the power :egads:

TRDFantasy 09-27-09 12:01 PM

It seems the Corolla similarity is not there in real life. I hear the HS in real life is much bigger than a Corolla, and that it's hard to see the size difference in pictures.

has.marvel 10-01-09 06:02 AM

My sister visited me recently. She is a Prius owner (first and second generation) and she was very impressed with our HS's . She said that it is the first non Prius that she has been in that she could picture herself buying. If this is a common trend then Lexus might have been very smart to create an upgrade path for Prius owners who otherwise had no where to go.

Harry

has.marvel 10-01-09 06:07 AM

I have not had as much success with the USB/Ipod feature. It does work fine for me when it works. The problem is that when I turn off the car, most of the time the Ipod does not come back on the next time I drive. I have to unplug the USB cable and replug it to get the Ipod recognized. I have a Gen 5 IPod with latest software in the car. It is kind of a pain to have to bring up the Audio menu, unplug and replug the cable and then select the USB tag to get the Ipod to work. Does anyone else have this problem? I have tried various combinations of pausing the Ipod and turning off the Audio before turning off the car but that does not seem to make a difference. 80% of the time or so, no Ipod on restart.

Harry

Johnny 10-01-09 08:52 AM

To all those "know-it-alls" on this site who bad mouthed the car as a "Pimped Corolla" that was a "Big Mistake" for Lexus to build, walk into your local dealer and try to find one, and you'll be told that the ones coming are all spoken for and it'll be months till you can get one, so I guess those "dummies" at LEXUS have a better idea what will sell than the "CLUB LEXUS experts"

After I read some of those HS = Corolla comments, I visited my dealer to see what the fuss was all about. The comparison between the two is limited to DNA. Why wouldn't they look similar? They're built by the same company... :rolleyes: The HS is longer, wider, taller, heavier, quieter, has a wider stance and wheelbase (and is better built, I might add). Remember, similar comparisons were made between the Camry and the LS when it first came out. Ignorance always seems to find a nest on the Internet...

LexFather 10-01-09 09:42 AM

Originally Posted by has.marvel (Post 4889584)
My sister visited me recently. She is a Prius owner (first and second generation) and she was very impressed with our HS's . She said that it is the first non Prius that she has been in that she could picture herself buying. If this is a common trend then Lexus might have been very smart to create an upgrade path for Prius owners who otherwise had no where to go.

Harry

Agreed:thumbup: It seems some Prius drivers will give up some MPG to still be in a Hybrid but with more luxury and tech and the pampering of Lexus service.