HS 250h Model (2010-2012)

Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-10, 08:58 PM
LexFather

Originally Posted by jdhs250
Hello all! First time Lexus owner and I'm very pleased with the purchase. The car's not as bad on acceleration as I thought, though I would really like a much more refined suspension. I only hope that the "F" engineers get to work on suspension parts for the HS sooner than later. I do miss having a 6 speed and the control that I had with my 530, but the savings is just too much to pass up.

I did not get the premium since they did not have it on the lot and the color also played a factor (sapphire on parchment), but it has enough features to satisfy my techy side. The remote is much easier to use than the iDrive and is in a much more convenient location. I also find the start button to be a bit out of place but I'm starting to get used to it. I do miss my side mirror moving down when I put the car on reverse, as well as my memory seats but since we are about the same height, we don't really need to adjust the seats too often.

Since our other car is a Prius IV, I guess I will also chime in on the differences between the two. The Prius seems to be easier to maneuver since it is a bit smaller, but is a bit slower. The Prius is perfect for hauling groceries and such, while the HS is a much better vehicle to take on a classy dinner or what not, and I'm hoping to test soon- on long drives. The features are very identical except for a few ''customization'' features that the HS has. I also found the black NAV background at night very easy on the eyes. I've been trying to figure out if the Prius NAV has that option but have yet to find out. Steering on the HS is smoother than the Prius, but still can be improved- alot! I guess I'm just looking for more of a BMW feel since that was my first luxury vehicle.

Overall, I highly recommend the HS to anyone who's been bitten by the luxury vehicle bug without the maintenance cost of one (my 530 was killing me on maintenance). We're not the ''save the earth'' types, but the savings at the pump is mostly what motivated our recent hybrid switches. And now that the luxurious features have trickled down to less expensive vehicles, we saw it as an opportunity to pamper ourselves behind the wheel while remaining economically responsible.

Happy Halloween!

Jedd
Congrats Jedd, great review!
Old 01-29-11, 07:11 AM
jdhs250
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thank you. anyone with a dropped hs and new wheels?
Old 03-23-11, 10:59 AM
Titanjose
Driver School Candidate

Has no one bought an HS since February this year?

I bought one 3 weeks ago as a gift to my wife (10 years of happy marriage!). We both are very happy with it. We wanted a hybrid and, like most people, decided on the HS after test driving the loaded Prius V, Ford Fusion, and Camry Hybrid.

- HS 250h Premium Trim
- Tungsten Pearl exterior, Black interior
- Navigation w/ backup monitor
- Remote Start
- DVD headrest systems
- Accessory Package
- Tinted Windows
Attached Thumbnails Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE-lexus1.jpg  
Old 03-23-11, 06:39 PM
Magellan55

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Nice!!! Sweet color combo.
Old 04-03-11, 11:05 AM
Paul58
Driver School Candidate

Hi all, a little late to the game, we bought our HS the beginning of Jan, are very happy with it. Will post a picture when I'm on the other computer.
Old 04-21-11, 08:48 PM
LexFather

^ Welcome!! ....
Old 06-12-11, 08:30 AM
NexVision
Rookie

Default Got mine this week...

Got mine this week and I love it..

White with Black interior and Nav. No heads up display and no front camera though.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1081611...eat=directlink
Old 07-29-11, 08:54 PM
11oops
Driver School Candidate

Default Received my HS today

So my 2011 HS with the premium package, navigation, preferred accessory package, and rearview camera in Smokey Granite Mica was just delivered today. Although I would have like to get the ML, LEDs, and tech. package, I was told that a special order would take months, and couldn't be guaranteed by the end of the year.

I had committed back on July 6 while the car was still at the docks in Japan. Although it was supposed to be delivered to another dealer, some finagling was done and that dealer gave it up (apparently there were only 4 with premium packages delivered to midwest dealers in July, so they're in demand).

I originally went into the dealer to order a CT, but would have been added to the current waiting list of 32 orders. They were estimating delivery in November.

I'm coming from a 2006 ES, and so far I don't have any complaints. Acceleration at highway speed is kind of lacking, but not terrible from a standstill. The ride isn't as smooth as the ES, but it seems just as quiet and solid. The Remote Touch is great, and much better than a touchscreen -- I was surprised by just how easy it was to use and navigate. Voice recognition is greatly improved over the 2006, but the delays before recognition are still quite frustrating. I do miss having a dedicated 'Audio' button to take you directly to that screen and skipping the main menu.

I definitely miss my HIDs and am considering installing an aftermarket kit -- anyone have any recommendations or installation advice? Probably some light tint as well.
Old 10-16-11, 08:05 PM
farout
Driver School Candidate

Default New HS 250h Owner- Poor Gas Mileage (under 30)

With AC off, ECO mode on, and light foot with max coasting and minimal braking to try to bump the MPG to over 35 with no luck. I though its poor mileage was due to the AC running at lower power level at 76 degrees. But with the ac off we have ramped from 20 MPG to 30 MPG. How do i get tho puppy to bump me to 35 or 40 MPG as I expected to prior to buying this car? Can anyone help me get it up????

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ilies/woot.gif

Last edited by Magellan55; 10-20-11 at 08:26 PM. Reason: typo in heading could be offensive
Old 10-20-11, 06:27 PM
orateam
Driver School Candidate

a little late, but here is mine.

Premium
Navigation Package
Saphire white/Interior beige
17" wheels
Tech Package

I'm actually getting better mileage by not using the eco button or the power, just normal. I think it charges better. I average 40mpg driving pretty normally.

Last edited by orateam; 10-20-11 at 06:32 PM.
Old 11-01-11, 04:42 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

I got mine in Texas. Black on Black premium
Navigation (How did we live without it)
Heads-up Display (would not want a car without it)
Radar-assisted Cruise Control (a wonderful option, I have found)
Lane Keep Assist (Marginal value - beeps too much in normal driving and passing on highway)
Standard Radio (works for me just fine - $1,500 for Mark Levinson does not fit my profile)
Front camera (takes getting used to the weird perspective it gives - still learning on that one - not sure if I like it yet)
Chrome Wheels (Dealer in Grapevine Texas gave me a good price on them and I really liked the look)

I am getting around 40 - 42 mpg according to their computers - have been driving a whole lot - about 4,000 miles in the first month. Love the car on the inside especially. There are still things in the car I am learning to use. Car is years ahead of anything else out there, in my opinion. Very glad I got one before they are phased out. Have not tried driving without the ECO button yet - I see the suggestion from orateam - will try it soon and see if I find a difference as well.

Last edited by RJQMAN; 11-01-11 at 04:48 PM.
Old 11-01-11, 04:46 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Originally Posted by farout
With AC off, ECO mode on, and light foot with max coasting and minimal braking to try to bump the MPG to over 35 with no luck. I though its poor mileage was due to the AC running at lower power level at 76 degrees. But with the ac off we have ramped from 20 MPG to 30 MPG. How do i get tho puppy to bump me to 35 or 40 MPG as I expected to prior to buying this car? Can anyone help me get it up????

http://images.ibsrv.net/ibsrv/res/sr...ilies/woot.gif
I am in Florida as well, and I was running 35 mpg at first, then reset and found I am now running about 40 mpg with AC on and no huge effort in hyper-miling. My only suggestion is to set the visual system so that it kicks up a bar graph every 60 seconds showing mpg, and see what is going on that might cause the mpg to be so low. I have not found coasting, etc., to help me at all. Only change in driving habits has been to slow down a bit (I tend to drive too fast), and to take my foot off the pedal earlier than I might have done before when approaching an intersection where I might have to stop. I do not know why your experience would differ so much from mine. I hope you can find the problem - maybe there is something mechanical that needs a bit of tweaking at the dealership. Good luck.
Old 02-06-12, 08:11 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

Official Roll Call - I now own two HS250H. Bought one in September and liked it so much I bought another one February 1st 2012. Car number one is a 2011 premium black with details posted above. 2nd one is a 2010 black opal premium with a true black interior - not dark grey - (I bought it used).

I have chrome wheels on the 1st one and tinted the windows as 33%. I also changed the front grille to flat black.

Funny - I drove the 1st one so much that it has 9500 miles on it in 4-1/2 months. The wife now 'owns' it. The one I just bought only has 9,800 miles on it and it is a year older! And the discount was 'huge' (since it was used) as the local Kia dealer likes to say.

I am looking to find a reasonable price to put chrome wheels on the second one, and will have the windows tinted this week (I bought it in Massachusetts and they don't allow tinted windows up there). I am changing the front grill to a glossy black - I think that will look better with the Black Opal. And window tinting is on the agenda for this week too.
Old 02-06-12, 08:22 PM
RJQMAN
Driver

I now own two of them. Put me down for a 2010 premium and a 2011 premium. Love the darn things.

The 2010 premium is actually my most recent purchase. It is black opal with a truly black interior. I am in the process of getting windows tinted (I bought it in Massachusetts used from Mattie Audi, and they don't allow tinted windows there - stupid law in my opinion) and I am getting the grill color changed to glossy black. Should be done this week. Then to try to find someone to exchange the wheel covers to chrome instead of the standard finish.

The 2011 premium was purchased new in Dallas (I would have bought it locally, but the local dealer couldn't order one - as I understand it the SE Lexus guy stopped the SE Lexus dealers from bringing in the premium fully loaded and they are not allowed to order one from another zone). The Dallas dealer got one for me, tinted the windows and added the chrome wheels for me at a very reasonable price. It is obsidian black with a dark grey interior. I changed the grill color to a flat black. I think it looks a LOT better black. I appreciate the efforts of Park Place Lexus in Dallas and recommend them to anyone interested.

Both cars have the same features except the 2010 has remote start and the 2011 does not. I have not tried to use it yet, but since I live in a warm climate in south Florida, I don't have much need for it. I am currently driving the 2010 back home from Massachusetts and will stop in Tampa to have the work done.
Old 03-17-12, 02:27 PM
flightrn36
Driver School Candidate

Default New to Lexus!!

Just bought my first Lexus.

Used 2010 hs250H with 12,000 miles on it.

18's
Red with Black Leather
Navigation
premium.

Great Car so far. Hope to learn alot more about them on here.

This is my wifes car and I get my 2006 Jetta TDI back now yeah!!!

Quick Reply: Welcome to Club Lexus! HS owner roll call & member introduction thread, POST HERE