Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

Anyone here installed a Daizen Front Control Arm Bushing Kit?

Search this Thread

Old 10-29-07, 02:00 AM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Default Anyone here installed a Daizen Front Control Arm Bushing Kit?

I was thinking of getting the Daizen Front Control Arm Bushing Kit and OEM tie rod ends and and lower ball joints kit from TM Engineering. Just wanted to know where I can have them installed on Oahu and I'll supply the parts and pay for labor. I own a 2000 GS300 and thinking that replacing these would solve my steering shakes at 55-60MPH.
I installed brand new tires and had them rebalanced twice and want to count that method out. I'm lookiing for someone who did and know how to install this Daizen bushing kit. I heard you have to heat up the old bushings with a torch and clean the insides with a metal drill brush to clean out the remaining old melted rubber and from there the new bushing goes in easily. Let me know before I order these.

Thanks, DanozLS430
Old 11-06-07, 12:59 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Nope...still in box....as well as steering bushings and lower ball joints....lol.

Pete
Old 11-06-07, 10:01 AM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Smile

Originally Posted by PHML
Nope...still in box....as well as steering bushings and lower ball joints....lol.

Pete
How long did you have your parts? My kit should be arriving soon with the control arm bushings, lower ball joint and steering rack bushings from Daizen. Invested a little over $400 for the parts from TM Engineering. Are you looking for an installer also or just putting it off? I am waiting for a mechanic friend to come back from Vegas who might be able to do the job. I actually wanted someone who already did the Daizen bushing installation rather than a newbie. I'll let you know if my mechanic friend can do this when he arrives back. If not, my parts will remain in the box as well until I find an installer.

DanozLS430

Last edited by DanozLS430; 11-06-07 at 10:08 AM.
Old 11-07-07, 12:56 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

There's are threads on the bushing install. Should be easy if you got the time and the tools to do it. I think any mechanic can figure it out easily. Daizen provides installation instructions. With the DIY threads....there should be a problem.

Pete
Old 11-22-07, 12:29 PM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Anyone knows of a mechanic with a hydraulic press to remove the old bushings from the control arms. This is what the installation instructions said to use to remove the old bushings. The Daizen Control Arm bushing kit arrived and still looking for someone to install along with the lower ball joints and tie rods. I got all the new parts. Any info or referral to a shop or mechanic will help. This is for my 2000 GS300.

Thanks, DanozLS430
Old 12-07-07, 11:56 PM
tommyjaix
Lead Lap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

same story here...im in the new york city area

was planning for a friend and I to tackle the bushings replacement sometime in the next two weeks, but removing the old bushings without the hydraulic press is gonna be a biotch
Old 12-08-07, 04:18 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Let me know who you find that can do this....or....has a hyd press that we can borrow.

Pete

Last edited by PHML; 12-08-07 at 10:36 AM.
Old 12-12-07, 04:48 PM
hazian23
Driver School Candidate

I know Napa in Kaimuki has a hydraulic press but the tech is there only on the weekdays. I got my strut rod bushings pressed at my cousins workplace at firestone. You could probably do this job yourself if you can take apart your suspension.

Last edited by hazian23; 12-12-07 at 06:54 PM. Reason: misspell
Old 12-14-07, 11:28 PM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

I am looking for a mechanic to do the complete removal and installation process. Also wheel alignment when finished. Someone who knows their stuff. Will supply the parts but they will need have their own hydraulic press.

DanozLS430....
Old 01-13-08, 09:42 PM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

I found a cool and honest mechanic located near Ward Avenue who completed the installation of my GS300 (Daizen Control Arm Bushing, outer tie rods ends, lower ball joints) which I supplied the new parts. I purchased these at http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...n/make/gs.html The mechanic's name is Ken from Pacific Automotive & Performance Center which is located at 813 Ilaniwai St. Phone 596-7732 (Next door to Chad's place LXS Hawaii)

They have a the hydraulic press to press in and out the rubber bushings and was familiar with the product. All of this took a little over 1 day to complete and price seemed very fair as he quoted me an estimate before doing any work. Ken also knocked off some labor hours with the added parts if done at the same time. I guess it's easier to install these parts at the same time when everything is coming off anyways. Now I found a mechanic I can trust to repair my LS430 if I need to.

I also had Ken replace my brake pads and resurface rotors/drums, install new front struts and do a 4 wheel alignment. Ken took some photos of the installation job as I requested and I'll put them up here as soon as he emails them to me. I am very glad I found these guys and Ken seems like a very honest and easy going mechanic who knows his stuff well. The front wheel shaking problem is no longer there and I now feel safe that it is fixed as I gave this car to my mom and brother to use. Will post pics soon.

Aloha, DanozLS430

Last edited by DanozLS430; 01-13-08 at 10:03 PM.
Old 01-14-08, 12:56 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Originally Posted by DanozLS430
I found a cool and honest mechanic located near Ward Avenue who completed the installation of my GS300 (Daizen Control Arm Bushing, outer tie rods ends, lower ball joints) which I supplied the new parts. I purchased these at http://www.tmengineering.net/suspens...n/make/gs.html The mechanic's name is Ken from Pacific Automotive & Performance Center which is located at 813 Ilaniwai St. Phone 596-7732 (Next door to Chad's place LXS Hawaii)

They have a the hydraulic press to press in and out the rubber bushings and was familiar with the product. All of this took a little over 1 day to complete and price seemed very fair as he quoted me an estimate before doing any work. Ken also knocked off some labor hours with the added parts if done at the same time. I guess it's easier to install these parts at the same time when everything is coming off anyways. Now I found a mechanic I can trust to repair my LS430 if I need to.

I also had Ken replace my brake pads and resurface rotors/drums, install new front struts and do a 4 wheel alignment. Ken took some photos of the installation job as I requested and I'll put them up here as soon as he emails them to me. I am very glad I found these guys and Ken seems like a very honest and easy going mechanic who knows his stuff well. The front wheel shaking problem is no longer there and I now feel safe that it is fixed as I gave this car to my mom and brother to use. Will post pics soon.

Aloha, DanozLS430
Cool...do you mind me asking how much he charged/quoted for just the control arms, lower ball joint, etc....? PM me if you dont want it public.

Thank.
Old 01-14-08, 01:14 PM
euro.r
Driver

That guy Ken is the man. He did some work on a former car of mines awhile ago. Quality, customer service, price, etc. were all top-notch.
Old 01-14-08, 05:09 PM
scheme56
Driver School Candidate

my mechanic friend installed the daizen bushing on my 92 sc300. he said the hardest part was taking out the old bushing since it has to be 100% free of debris before pressing in the new bushing. it's very time consuming drilling out old bushings... you'll have to torch it out. he didn't have a torch handy so he asked his neighbor, kaimuki midas, to burn out the stubborn pieces.

there was an improvement in steering response but you'll have the sacrifice some undampened road vibration coming thru the steering wheel. also, be sure to use lots of the lube that came with the bushings. gl.
Old 01-14-08, 06:40 PM
DanozLS430
Intermediate

Originally Posted by scheme56
my mechanic friend installed the daizen bushing on my 92 sc300. he said the hardest part was taking out the old bushing since it has to be 100% free of debris before pressing in the new bushing. it's very time consuming drilling out old bushings... you'll have to torch it out. he didn't have a torch handy so he asked his neighbor, kaimuki midas, to burn out the stubborn pieces.

there was an improvement in steering response but you'll have the sacrifice some undampened road vibration coming thru the steering wheel. also, be sure to use lots of the lube that came with the bushings. gl.
The proper way is to get those bushings out according to the Daizen instructions is to use a hydraulic press which makes the job faster. Ken said he is one of the few guys around who has the hydraulic press to get these bushings out. I read on other forums that the flame technique works also but takes longer. I'll post pics up soon after Ken emails them to me.

DanozLS430...
Old 01-15-08, 10:42 AM
scheme56
Driver School Candidate

sounds good to me.... hydraulic press is the way to go, if available.

ken worked on my truck a while back and also did the alignment on my lifted 4runner a couple of months ago. very nice and personable guy... even though he was very busy, he took the time to go over some of my future suspension options.

Quick Reply: Anyone here installed a Daizen Front Control Arm Bushing Kit?