Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

iPhone v2

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-08, 01:59 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default iPhone v2

I know this thread is kinda late, but who's gonna (or already) stand in line to get the new iPhone?

chikken, you getting one? I know you mentioned in past threads you were.
Old 07-11-08, 02:03 AM
chikken
Lead Lap

sorry tod....so dissapointed today....i''m not eligible for an upgrade till 2009...don't wanna pay 500 bucks for a phone.....just gonna have to wait, unless some other phone comes out later....APPLE is gonna regret doing this to consumers....
Old 07-11-08, 02:08 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Really? According to the keynote address, Steve Jobs said the 8gb will start at $199. No contract requirement. But, new iPhone plans will be $30/mo vs $20/mo for existing iPhone customers.

I could be wrong, but that's what my wife said...
Old 07-11-08, 02:13 AM
chikken
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by CLHawaii
Really? According to the keynote address, Steve Jobs said the 8gb will start at $199. No contract requirement. But, new iPhone plans will be $30/mo vs $20/mo for existing iPhone customers.

I could be wrong, but that's what my wife said...
http://cs1.ecom.wireless.att.com/ema...070000410C0002

for current ATT customers.....and new customers....

full detail with plan pricing...think the monthly plan is a bit too pricey....but who cares....its the fact that you'll have to pay 500 for a phone is not even worthy....i rather use that money for daipers.
Old 07-11-08, 02:19 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Wow that sucks. Even if you're an existing customer, but don't qualify, its $399. I guess I'm not getting one either til 2009!

The new Blackberry will probably be released by then (cross fingers). I don't know if I can switch over to iPhone from my Blackberry.
Old 07-11-08, 02:59 AM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I remember being told before that as long as you have gone 13 months into your contract, you could upgrade your phone and just start a new contract.

This January, I was told I'm not eligible to upgrade until September. What are they thinking? They could lock me in for another two years, yet they choose to milk my current contract instead? Has me seriously considering another carrier...and I've been with the same company since Honolulu Cellular days (when they were good) through all the buyouts.

As for the iPhone...the rates I'm hearing are outrageous. $800+/year for your cell phone? That makes my decision for me, personally. Of course it's my understanding Steve Jobs gets a nice little cut from every contract, so I guess AT&T is just passing that cut along to the consumers.
Old 07-11-08, 04:21 AM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'm sticking to my unlocked 1st gen iPhone until a stable unlock program comes out for the 2nd gen. Then again, that defeats the purpose of available 3G network.. (currently on Tmobile w/ $5.99 data plan)
Old 07-11-08, 10:15 AM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by chrisyano
Has me seriously considering another carrier...and I've been with the same company since Honolulu Cellular days (when they were good) through all the buyouts.
I too was with HCTC since cell phones came out. After the 1st buyout, I have probably changed to every other carrier, except T-Mobile, and have come full circle back to AT&T. The only reason why I left HCTC was because of their contract plans and poor customer service.

Great, now even more reasons not to get the iPhone. Let's wait to hear what George has to say about it.
Old 07-11-08, 10:24 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

this has to many words in this thread. i just worked 11 hours and 40 mins straight over night to put those damn iphones out. >_>. there was a line like the 1st iphone when i left (7ish), yay?
Old 07-11-08, 10:46 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

wow george your up at 07:30???
Old 07-11-08, 11:46 AM
PHML
Master Thread Closer!!

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by weesped
this has to many words in this thread. i just worked 11 hours and 40 mins straight over night to put those damn iphones out. >_>. there was a line like the 1st iphone when i left (7ish), yay?
Wow...what? No hookups George? Kidding...LOL!!

Btw....welcome to the real world....try doing 12+ hours everyday (M-F)...and working on Saturdays....for several years. It wears a person down.
Old 07-11-08, 12:00 PM
euro.r
Driver

i'll be getting one but not standing in line.
Old 07-11-08, 02:37 PM
weesped
Lexus Champion

ya i hate the real world haha. feels so weird to not sleep for 24 hours though, i woke up way to early yesterday and slept way to late today. bit im back up, getting ready for round two, yay
Old 07-11-08, 05:23 PM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

hahaha no worries george... your young yet, you have many yrs ahead of you to exp lots more crappy days like that
Old 07-11-08, 09:22 PM
TrendyTodd
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by llamaboiz
hahaha no worries george... your young yet, you have many yrs ahead of you to exp lots more crappy days like that
Yeah, I already gave him the "when I was your age..." lecture

So are the iPhones already sold out? I was on my way to work and passed the AT&T store in Pearl City (next to Stuart Andersons) and the line was out the door, up the driveway, curled down the driveway, and up the sidewalk. All for a phone???

Anyone got one yet?

Quick Reply: iPhone v2