Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

Bad news... GS majorly damaged

Search this Thread

Old 05-30-08, 12:19 AM
Kaluna
Pole Position

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Bad news... GS majorly damaged

Well, I'm ticked to say the least... make a long story short, from a small minor oil leak, to the technicians breaking the cam sprocket... now the worst of all... Someone at the dealership decided to start my car with the timing belt not connected. I dont think I need to tell you guys how bad it is.
I'm really not the kind of person you want to p!ss off... some of you know me I'm usually easy going but this, my friends, has deffinately p!ssed me off. Tomorrow I'm going down to look at the damage & talk to the service manager. 2JZ = interference engine. They deffinately need to have some answers tomorrow.
Old 05-30-08, 12:29 AM
llamaboiz
Lexus Fanatic

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

wow... start the motor without the timing belt thats just plain ignorant... you damm well better get a new motor... or at least fully overhauled motor out of this... and honestly thats one hella nice silver lining yes it sux not having your GS but... FRESH MOTOR FTW!
Old 05-30-08, 12:53 AM
CK6Speed
Super Moderator

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that. I can't believe they forgot the T-Belt was not on. Someone had a major brain fade on that one.
Old 05-30-08, 01:17 AM
status....
Lead Lap

damn major fail on the technicians..... this was at lexus?
Old 05-30-08, 01:37 AM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Sorry to hear about that. Hopefully you get it all straightened out tomorrow.
Old 05-30-08, 03:07 AM
4U2eNv_8o8
Lexus Test Driver

Damn Kaluna!!! Sorry to hear about that bad news. Sounds like they aren't doing there job! Well....I brought my car in also just to fix some small rattle issues that wasn't really bothering me, but I said......"wth! Why not?!" And so far......they didn't fix what I told them to fix, don't really hear the rattle that much on the dash, but its still there. Sorry my story isn't really as bad as yours, but just wanted to say how lousy there service has become. I hope everything all comes out good for you since you had to go through all this trouble.
Old 05-30-08, 10:56 AM
lexusnb
Lexus Test Driver

Damn Kaluna, sorry to hear about your misfortune I would definitely be pissed too. How the hell can they forget that they took off the tb all the parts should have been right near the car. But yeah make them give you a brand new motor. Good luck man and keep us informed.
Old 05-30-08, 11:46 AM
weesped
Lexus Champion

eeek that sucks. they must have been pretty retarded, sounds like somthing jiffy lube would do >_>
Old 05-30-08, 07:44 PM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Sounds like all the damage on the car was caused by the dealer. I HOPE this is not Servco! I thought you went to another dealership. You should roll some heads and make sure to call ahead of time, make sure the general manager or vp and the service manager is there to explain and hear what happened. Good luck, I hope everything works out.

BTW, what are you driving in the meantime? Hope you got a loaner. If not, get one
Old 05-30-08, 08:16 PM
chrisyano
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by weesped
eeek that sucks. they must have been pretty retarded, sounds like somthing jiffy lube would do >_>
I have a friend who lost a car to Jiffy Lube. It went in for an oil change and came out without oil.
Old 05-31-08, 01:26 AM
Kaluna
Pole Position

Met with the service manager. He is willing to replace & test anything that was damaged or I believe to be damaged. The head is at Genuine right no getting decked. He will also test the block & all cylinders. I've had a loaner since April. But its not even close to a GS and its a damn 4 cylinder. There seems to be light at the end of the tunnel... but its still far away.
I know I been MIA these past few weeks, but I'll be back up and running. The good news is I have projects and parts coming in for the GS while its in the shop. And if I actually want to enjoy driving something I have my truck again. So thats the update...
Old 05-31-08, 03:27 PM
uras300
Lead Lap

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Yikes. Sorry to hear about that.. I hope they repair the damage they caused completely.
Old 06-13-08, 02:04 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

Any updates on the GS?
Old 06-14-08, 01:17 AM
Kaluna
Pole Position

They were supposed to keep me in the loop and they did not. Car's not ready yet. I'm still waiting. Monday I wil find the status. So much for the Build he track event
Old 06-14-08, 01:53 AM
tod071
Lexus Champion

I hope you get it back FIXED soon! Hopefully, it'll be good to go for August!

Quick Reply: Bad news... GS majorly damaged