Hawaii and Guam For events in Hawaii and Guam

Question about the law

Old 01-09-07, 03:48 PM
2IS808
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Question about the law

I have tried to look online for laws about liscense plate placement, however its extremly vague on the dmv website and i couldnt even locate anything related to placement. All i could find was how to order vanity plates (which i did a while ago). I see quite a few cars that have their plates in their dashboards inside their windshields. I got my new 2IS with no holes drilled into it and i would like to keep it that way (unless i really have to drill holes and mount it permanently).

Also -- As with getting new plates - in order to register my new plates i just need the current papperwork correct? ie: current safety/registration/insurance?? any help with reguards to these things would help. thanks --
Old 01-09-07, 04:54 PM
WaGoNiSt
Rookie

I don't know if you go to Waiks, but not having a front plate is a surefire way to get pulled over when you pass Lewers and Seaside.

Originally Posted by 2IS808
I have tried to look online for laws about liscense plate placement, however its extremly vague on the dmv website and i couldnt even locate anything related to placement. All i could find was how to order vanity plates (which i did a while ago). I see quite a few cars that have their plates in their dashboards inside their windshields. I got my new 2IS with no holes drilled into it and i would like to keep it that way (unless i really have to drill holes and mount it permanently).

Also -- As with getting new plates - in order to register my new plates i just need the current papperwork correct? ie: current safety/registration/insurance?? any help with reguards to these things would help. thanks --
Old 01-10-07, 10:03 AM
Boostshakalaka
Lead Lap

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

hey nako!, u can run the cusco relocation and the drill holes go in where u wont notice the holes later if u decide to be a gangsta like me and run without the plate, as for the law, the front windshield thing is a no go, but other than that the only regulation is that the plate is at least 12in above the ground.
Old 01-11-07, 01:58 AM
yoon
Driver

when i went down to get recon, the guy told me that the law states that the front plate has to be permanently affixed to your front bumper. i used double sided tape to hold mine on
Old 01-11-07, 10:49 PM
Dr. Jekyll
Lexus Champion

Received 28 Likes on 25 Posts

Hawaii State law is that both license plates be permanently mounted to the front and rear of the vehicle. Many Safety Check stations will enforce this loosely but the recon station will definitely enforce the law to the T. It also means you can't have anything on the plate, even a clear cover. The only thing you can have on the plate is a frame. After you get the sticker it's up to you, take it off, hide it, it will be up to HPD's discretion to enforce the law. If you have a car that totally looks like a tuner or racer than the more hassles you'll get. FYI they hate blue lights, lenses or anything resembling blue illuminating from your car. Even a blue bulb in you headlight that isn't illuminated will get you pulled over.
Old 02-10-07, 02:30 AM
ant1k
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Dr. Jekyll
Hawaii State law is that both license plates be permanently mounted to the front and rear of the vehicle. Many Safety Check stations will enforce this loosely but the recon station will definitely enforce the law to the T. It also means you can't have anything on the plate, even a clear cover. The only thing you can have on the plate is a frame. After you get the sticker it's up to you, take it off, hide it, it will be up to HPD's discretion to enforce the law. If you have a car that totally looks like a tuner or racer than the more hassles you'll get. FYI they hate blue lights, lenses or anything resembling blue illuminating from your car. Even a blue bulb in you headlight that isn't illuminated will get you pulled over.
guess im lucky then. i have some crazy bright bluish purple HIDs with blue/purple led parking lights and blue plate lights. got pulled over a couple of times wth it and only got tickets for no front plate hahaha.