Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL - Page 58 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > General Forums > The Clubhouse > Hall of Fame & Voting Booth
Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL >

Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL

Notices
Hall of Fame & Voting Booth Where famous ClubHouse threads come to live, nominated by CL moderators. This forum is also home to official ClubLexus Polls. Participate freely, your opinion counts!

Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL

Old 10-11-18, 03:47 PM
TripleL
No Substitute

Looking good ^^^^ Josh!

Originally Posted by Lil4X View Post
Another visit to the clinic, this time my annual trip to the urologist. Oh, fun. This is where they keep all the cute doctors and nurses. Can't be too shy here, gotta work on my latent exhabitionism.

Dignity is tough to maintain in a room full of female medics when you're the one with his pants around his ankles.
Glad you got ALL checked out Bob.

Originally Posted by link13 View Post
Today started off on a disappointing note. I got a sizable rock chip in my windshield on the way to work. It's on the passenger side in the passenger's line of site. It made a hell of a noise when it hit and I saw the damage right away. I believe it's fixable and does not require replacement. I think I'm going to turn this car in at lease end next June and get something new. Feels like I need a fresh start.
Bugger, but fixable is good.

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
Lmatt, time for an LS?
There you go. I've receieved a few emails this week to either drive or like 6K or 8K off a new LS. Might be a sign for you lMatt

Old 10-11-18, 05:18 PM
link13
Lexus Champion

Lmatt, time for an LS?
The new one is pretty well out of my strike zone
Old 10-11-18, 05:58 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Who said anything about new? I see used ones (2007-2016) starting at $11k in my area for higher mileage, older ones, to $50k for newer, low mileage examples. And if you still prefer leasing, AutoFlex-type companies allow you to lease used cars
Old 10-11-18, 07:26 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Wow, I have been using the web-based version of Office 365, because thats what my school email allows me to use for free. My Research Methods (BGS-402) professor just emailed saying my formatting on my papers has been coming in all screwy because I have been using the web-based program and she is opening it with the computer based program. So she has been docking me points.

Now, I am trying to download office (after paying $100 for it), and I can't because for whatever reason, that particular website won't load. F* you Microsoft. Who's idea was it to go to a renewable (paid) annual subscription for office anyway? Bad form.

Speaking of bad form...Nmatt was in a 4 car pileup yesterday (2nd to front). He is OK, but his Caddy is toast.

Last edited by ArmyofOne; 10-11-18 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-11-18, 08:27 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Editing quoted posts is now about impossible on ipad due to website incompatibility with ios12.

josh, extra chrome tasks aren't hurting anything unless you’re running out of ram. Idle tasks aren't slowing anything down.
es looks clean, what's dangling over hood?
bad habits, eating late is tough... some tricks to help...
1 eat something healthy like carrots
2 brush and flosh your teeth earlier so you don't want to have to do it again if you eat late
3 make a hot drink like tea (no sugar, maybe herbal) instead of eating and drink it slowly
About web office vs installed, how are you providing doc from web based to teacher? Do they accept pdf because you can export to that too.
about office paid, you can still buy office2016 or even 2013 if you want one and done payment.

bob, hope all good with plumbing

lmatt, sorry about rock chip, can understand lease period being enough, i like new!

terrible about nmatt smash, glad he's ok.

Old 10-11-18, 08:55 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
Editing quoted posts is now about impossible on ipad due to website incompatibility with ios12.

josh, extra chrome tasks aren't hurting anything unless you’re running out of ram. Idle tasks aren't slowing anything down.
es looks clean, what's dangling over hood?
bad habits, eating late is tough... some tricks to help...
1 eat something healthy like carrots
2 brush and flosh your teeth earlier so you don't want to have to do it again if you eat late
3 make a hot drink like tea (no sugar, maybe herbal) instead of eating and drink it slowly
About web office vs installed, how are you providing doc from web based to teacher? Do they accept pdf because you can export to that too.
about office paid, you can still buy office2016 or even 2013 if you want one and done payment.

bob, hope all good with plumbing

lmatt, sorry about rock chip, can understand lease period being enough, i like new!

terrible about nmatt smash, glad he's ok.

good to know. There is a lightbar on a bracket above the license plate because its facking dark out here. There is also one behind the lower grille.

I had a copy of Office 07 on DVD, installed it, but cant update it because no support. I caved and bought 365, and I guess the website was down, because now its working.
Old 10-11-18, 09:20 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

07 is 11 years old, not compatible with win 10 at least.
you said 100 for o365, but personal is 69?
Old 10-12-18, 03:35 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

bit's single post catch up was impressive!

Josh, can you just export to PDF from 365 and submit?

Good morning team!
Old 10-12-18, 05:18 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Speaking of office, pdf etc. client yesterday called to say they thought he needed acrobat pro to edit a pdf of some contract. I was nearby so i dropped in like superman They had printed it, marked it up and now wanted to incorporate their revisions. Made sense. Now this place has users who often print a document and then scan it back in to 'file it' electronically. and when this person said they'd scanned it, i asked did the original come ti him via paper or file/email? He said email. I said show me the email. Contract was sent in WORD format, so i had him open the doc in word and said there you go, now you can edit it! He was a little embarassed.

Old 10-12-18, 05:40 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Good Morning all.

FFFriday

Now, I am trying to download office (after paying $100 for it)
I thought Microsoft HUP gave discounts to active military and veterans as well?
Old 10-12-18, 06:32 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

[left]This wins the internet and tln

Old 10-12-18, 07:48 AM
Lil4X
Out of Warranty

^^ Ackk!!! (Bill the Cat impression)

Mornin' team!

Long day yesterday, I spent five hours at the hospital - with no progress. Ben Taub (giant hospital) opened a new "wing", actually a new tower that increases their footprint by some 30%, making it one of two or three largest facilities in the nation, the others being located down the street, also in Houston's Medical Center. Problem is, with the new "Tower" open, many offices have been shuffled and nobody knows where anything is . . . all of the "help" desks, nurse's stations and guard shacks have thick directories where helpful folks try to locate your desired destination.

Somehow in all this I got signed into the new Tower wing that is almost exclusively cancer research and treatment. Yes, they duplicate other hospital specialties, including urology, but with a oncology specialty. Somehow they got their wires crossed and I ended up in the urology cancer treatment center. After a couple of hours (par for the course) I got in to have my vitals taken and sent back to the waiting room. Evidently that's where the trouble began, when the computer started tracking me. When they started handling my records, they discovered my file had last been handled by two unknown doctors who had sent me to the oncology department. Yes, they had MY record, but it had been misfiled by medics unknown. They must have spent the next three hours debating how to tell me I must have cancer since I was in the cancer specialty area. NO, I didn't, but they never considered I might be in the wrong file because my case was handled by two doctors they didn't know, neither of which I'd ever seen. My own GP had not made the appointment, THEY had. How they got their hands on my file is still up in the air.

Anyway, mystery partially solved. At least I don't have cancer . . . I'm just a victim of a computer filing error. Rescheduled my visit for next month. THIS time I'll double-check at the receiving desk to be sure what I'm in for. Meanwhile I'm going to research my own file online to try a follow up.

Anyway, I'm stiff and sore today; between hiking several miles around that rabbit warren they call a hospital, and sitting in waiting rooms for hours, I'm whipped.

I think the treatment calls for several additional cups of coffee.

Last edited by Lil4X; 10-12-18 at 07:58 AM.
Old 10-12-18, 08:12 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

'like superman' FTW
Old 10-12-18, 09:10 AM
link13
Lexus Champion

Wow, I have been using the web-based version of Office 365, because thats what my school email allows me to use for free. My Research Methods (BGS-402) professor just emailed saying my formatting on my papers has been coming in all screwy because I have been using the web-based program and she is opening it with the computer based program. So she has been docking me points.

Now, I am trying to download office (after paying $100 for it), and I can't because for whatever reason, that particular website won't load. F* you Microsoft. Who's idea was it to go to a renewable (paid) annual subscription for office anyway? Bad form.

Speaking of bad form...Nmatt was in a 4 car pileup yesterday (2nd to front). He is OK, but his Caddy is toast.
Sorry to hear about nmatt's Caddy, but glad to hear he's ok.
Old 10-12-18, 09:26 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
07 is 11 years old, not compatible with win 10 at least.
you said 100 for o365, but personal is 69?
Because I need the other programs that come with Office 365 Home. Its $99.99 and has Powerpoint, Excel, Word, OneDrive, Outlook, Access, etc. The personal only has word and powerpoint I think, maybe excel too.

Originally Posted by TripleL View Post
bit's single post catch up was impressive!

Josh, can you just export to PDF from 365 and submit?

Good morning team!
No, the professor has to have the ability to edit the document. She said she can't do that in PDF.

Originally Posted by Marklouis View Post
Good Morning all.

FFFriday

I thought Microsoft HUP gave discounts to active military and veterans as well?
Yeah they used to, like not even 2 years ago. But since they went to this office 365 crap, everything has changed. Yeah, you can still get office 2016 or 2013, but you will pay $150-$200 for each device, or I can pay $100 a year and have it on 5 devices.

Speaking of devices, I need to reformat the hard drive on my wife's Asus laptop. I am unsure how to do that in windows 10. In older versions, you needed a disc with the OS on it. Those are a thing of the past now, LOL.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: