Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL - Page 159 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > General Forums > The Clubhouse > Hall of Fame & Voting Booth
Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL >

Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL

Hall of Fame & Voting Booth Where famous ClubHouse threads come to live, nominated by CL moderators. This forum is also home to official ClubLexus Polls. Participate freely, your opinion counts!

Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL

Old 03-15-19, 11:30 AM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
Thereís a guy from Van Alstyne TX on American Idol...
yep! He's playing at our local Mexican place here soon. We will miss it because Hawaii, but its not like i can't catch another show.

Lmatt, time to head out to TX?
Old 03-15-19, 07:22 PM
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch

Josh is in Hawaii.... Nice.

Old 03-16-19, 05:10 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

got a cough... woke me up this morning, decide to get up for the ibl

client texted me at 7:59, so i could remotely fix the problem at 8:03. service.
Old 03-16-19, 05:52 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Originally Posted by projectdna View Post
nice. caddy's as of late have looked sharp. unsure of the ownership experience though.
Originally Posted by neurocity View Post
Morning... With all the Cadillac nightmares I had... Never again.
Do you like how the XT5 auto start feature can not be turned off... Lame!!!
Originally Posted by Allen K View Post
Final thoughts on the Caddy?
Crazy week, overall I did like the XT5 Premium very much. Quick thoughts below.

Pluses: Very livable car day in and day out. Nice highway ride meaning smooth, quiet and the seats were slightly better than average comfortable. Car had just the right options with Nav/Bose/Sunroof etc, good space for 4 adults and the hatch/trunk space was a good size. Dashboard was typical GM (which is good) and the CUE has really come a long way, no issues at all the entire week. Plenty of buttons on the steering wheel was nice for most functions when cruising and the car's shifts were imperceptible as yes they were that smooth and seamless. Also I loved the 'swagger' of the exterior as I really do like the outside looks and use of LEDs.

Minuses: Yes nMatt the Auto Stop/Start sucks and yes, like all GMs, cannot be disabled even if you are in sport mode. (which for the record is anything but sporty) I never got used to it during my 1,100+ mile week. Also no 'brake hold' feature at traffic lights was a little bit of a surprise given how well optioned this car was. Perhaps this is related to the Auto Stop/Start not sure. On the nits to pick side I didn't like that I couldn't figure out how to get the posted speed limit to display not even on the Nav screen and most annoyingly I couldn't figure out how to adjust the auto door unlocking feature to work to my liking. Only choices I found were for when putting the vehicle in Park (off, drivers only, all doors) and I could not find the choice to have them only unlock when the car is turned off.

Verdict: If I were given this XT5 as a company car for daily driving I would drive it happily every day. If I were reaching into my own pocket I'd buy the RX. If I were reaching into my own pocket and took reliability concerns off the table I would buy the RX.

Old 03-16-19, 06:02 AM
link13
Lexus Champion

IBL? Lol. Edit, crikey, just missed it

I knew in July that I probably was not a long term guy for the small, 4 year old start up I accepted work with last July. I lasted longer and did better than I had expected. I brought them revenue in the form of a winning proposal to the Army. For ethics, I only trusted the CIO.

A better opportunity lies in my future. I accomplished a lot and learned so much from my time with my last employer. The most valuable lesson is trust your gut. Things felt a bit off and then I found out the CEO is a convicted felon. Deal with that as you may. Redemption is not my responsibility. My boss said it was not an issue when bidding for government contracts. Iím pretty sure itís a huge issue.

Anyway, as said, onward and upward. I still aim to be full time freelance.

Wedding today (not mine). Should be fun, I think. Be well, Team.
Old 03-16-19, 06:58 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

You've got the right attitude lMatt! Expect to win after all you are a 5%er! Enjoy the wedding today.
Old 03-16-19, 08:32 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

went to see the apollo 11 documentary today. it's amazing.
Old 03-16-19, 08:53 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Hey gang. Been trying to post pix for days but probably gonna have to wait till i get back home. Maybe i will do a clubhouse thread. I have taken some stunning photographs using only my cell phone. Pretty neat that phones take such good pix nowadays.
Old Yesterday, 04:59 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

went to see the apollo 11 documentary today. it's amazing.
Putting it on the list, thanks!

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
Hey gang. Been trying to post pix for days but probably gonna have to wait till i get back home. Maybe i will do a clubhouse thread. I have taken some stunning photographs using only my cell phone. Pretty neat that phones take such good pix nowadays.
Enjoy your vacation, plenty of time when you get back to post

Old Yesterday, 12:19 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Our ride for the day.
Old Yesterday, 05:30 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Just the two of you in the back of that?
Old Yesterday, 08:57 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

client texted me at 7:59, so i could remotely fix the problem at 8:03. service.
and now, the rest of the story...

after 8:03, around 9am, client text’s to say it’s not working again...

i was then remotely on two computers, their router, modem, them texting pictures because their network wiring was screwed up (two connections between modem and router, as example, DOH). got what they needed working on one of the computers... then took the break to go see apollo 11, etc.

client texts around 10pm saying ‘sorry to be a pain, but are you going to fix the main computer too?’, so i say, not tonight but will come over there in the morning (today). They offer to make me breakfast. i decline that but go over around 9:30 this morning. By 1:30, it was fixed. Glad it got done, i made some $$ and came home to watch the rest of the golf.

Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Just the two of you in the back of that?
yep! It was outstanding. Private Island tour.
Old Today, 04:45 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Nice Limo!

Remote service FTW!

Good morning team Let's make this a great week! 5%ers rule
Old Today, 05:36 AM
neurocity
Scotchy, Scotch, Scotch

So when it comes to IT stuff, everyone comes to me. People from here, friends, family, friends of friends. But where does Matt go when he has questions and problems?

....I text Paul. LOL.

Had an issue that my IT/IS team could not figure out. Even my Graphic guys couldn't figure out this Photoshop quandary. Solved in two texts from Paul. Thanks again... I'm no longer "squinty eyed" looking at my Surface!

In other news... I am cursed with anything but a Lexus. I should have never strayed and am being punished by the gods for doing so.

The daily was making this "noise" thirty minutes after I shut it off. I've already contacted the dealership. Someone on the Hyundai forums had the exact same noise. Same exact year and trim level. Sent me a link to his video, noise started at 3500mi for him. Now at 8500mi, Hyundai is putting a new motor in because his blew apart. Fun stuff, motor replacement before 10K miles. I... have... chosen... poorly!

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: