Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL - Page 11 - ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion

Go Back  ClubLexus - Lexus Forum Discussion > General Forums > The Clubhouse > Hall of Fame & Voting Booth
Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL >

Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL

Hall of Fame & Voting Booth Where famous ClubHouse threads come to live, nominated by CL moderators. This forum is also home to official ClubLexus Polls. Participate freely, your opinion counts!

Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL

Old 08-11-18, 10:04 PM
link13
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by Hoovey2411 View Post

This kid is ruthless!
#hitandrunover
Your image game is strong. I like you even though you are a Sharks fan. I was born in Mountainview, but we moved when I was not even a year old. Still, I do respect my NorCal friends and Iím glad to see you in here, Hoov. I know youíve been here, but I hope you make it a regular thing.
Old 08-12-18, 04:58 AM
Marklouis
Lexus Champion

Morning gang. [email protected] Cancer. Took my Father many years ago. I hope Isabel Kicks it's ****

IBL?

Working today to make up for Friday. Stayed home with kiddos first Daycare bug and it begins.
Old 08-12-18, 05:09 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Congrats on the IBL Mark!

Came home last night. as we need to see my son off as he is leaving for a week of football camp this morning.

Originally Posted by ArmyofOne View Post
Isabel is scheduled for thyorid removal surgery on friday. She has a bunch of tumors on it. So far as they can see they are isolated to that organ.
Prayers. Hopefully they will be able to leave a small healthy piece of her thyroid as I seem to recall that helps with the recovery and post recovery.

Originally Posted by projectdna View Post
#IAL

prayers for isabel.

my parent's friends lost a son to brain cancer about nine years ago. he was 17. he fought it to the end by living as if he didn't have it.
Truly sad. 17 that's just tragic. .
Old 08-12-18, 05:54 AM
link13
Lexus Champion

I am up, but IAL, I see. Yesterday was awesome. I finished high school on a high note and with this group of friends, several of whom are still part of my life. The funniest guy I know is my friend Dave B, who I met as a freshman. Brenda was a cool girl who I met when I started high school. I could always say anything to her. She is non judgmental. Always has been. She and Dave B always had a complex, but very special friendship back in high school and then they got together as a couple sometime in the later 90s. They got married in 1999. So, they did this Brewfest and this was the 9th year. I've been 3 times including yesterday. Some of our old high school crew have been coming for the last five years or so. My buddy Dave F. was there and I was glad to see him. This guy, when I got to Goettingen, Germany back in 1991 and was there for a year and was completely homesick, just showed up. We were friends in high school and both went overseas for third year of college. Dave F. was in Vienna and I think they were a week ahead of us with language classes, so he just showed up unannounced in Germany. I took the elevator down from the 5th floor and there he was with a grin. I was struggling a bit with being there and him showing up made it acceptable that being there was going to be my life for a while. His showing up made me see the experience differently because we were both in the same situation and he said, "you have to embrace this." I did. Dave F. shared last night that I changed his last year of high school because he had hung out with people one year ahead of us and they all graduated, so he was kind of a man with no country. I don't remember the specific scenario, but he does and he said he was hopping over the wall from the street next to the high school and I said, "Fleck, why don't you come hang out with us." It was an invitation, not a question. I don't remember the scenario as precisely as he does, but I do remember sitting next to him in AP German and I thought I brought him in from there, but I was happy that he says it changed his high school experience. I am a kind man. I like being reminded that I was kind at 17. Anyway, I loved being around these friends and the beer tasted great.
Old 08-12-18, 08:48 AM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

Originally Posted by link13 View Post
The funniest guy I know is my friend Dave B, who I met as a freshman.
best man at my wedding is a Dave B too. i know where he is and we're friends on wastebook but he doesn't venture on there much and we don't talk these days.

good stories about your friends, germany, etc.

on my recent trip to uk i saw both of my best friends from high school. good times.
Old 08-12-18, 09:28 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

lMatt: very nice,, sounds like you have some good people there. ...and beer fest to boot

bit: Nice that you saw some high school buddies while you were there. You certainly had a full trip!
Old 08-12-18, 02:21 PM
Hoovey2411

Originally Posted by link13 View Post

Your image game is strong. I like you even though you are a Sharks fan. I was born in Mountainview, but we moved when I was not even a year old. Still, I do respect my NorCal friends and Iím glad to see you in here, Hoov. I know youíve been here, but I hope you make it a regular thing.
Haha! Thanks Matt, much respect brother.

(the Eggo one makes me lol)

Old 08-12-18, 02:35 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Time to clean up this disaster so i can get back to work on it.
Old 08-12-18, 04:31 PM
projectdna
Lexus Fanatic

#nodaysoff

had to go to a project site after lunch because the contractors seemed to have bitten off more than they could chew. while performing excavation/trench work, they came *waytooclose* to the water main. luckily it's only servicing one property (our project site), so the damage was limited to the amount of piping that had to be replaced. by the time i got there, the piping was already replaced, and the trench was back-filled. i was tempted to read them the riot act, but i had to save energy for the drive back home.
Old 08-12-18, 05:50 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Thats better.
Old 08-12-18, 06:17 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

wow, if you can make a nice car out of that you're very talented!
Old 08-12-18, 07:18 PM
bitkahuna
resisting entropy

for lmatt

Old 08-12-18, 09:42 PM
link13
Lexus Champion

Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
for lmatt

Yeah, Iíve been trying to tone it down on punishing other drivers (maybe just choke a few people). Most people just suck at driving. Itís not personal.
Old 08-12-18, 11:34 PM
ArmyofOne
Dysfunctional Veteran

Originally Posted by bitkahuna View Post
wow, if you can make a nice car out of that you're very talented!
piece of cake.
Old 08-13-18, 04:59 AM
TripleL
No Substitute

Back to work Monday for me, should be interesting.

Good morning team

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Team Late Night: open the pod bay door HAL

Contact Us About Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: