GX - 1st Gen (2004-2009) Discussion topics related to the 2003 -2009 GX470 models

Looking for a V8 SUV from Lexus

Search this Thread

Old 04-15-09, 11:00 AM
GoHuskers
Racer

Received 164 Likes on 111 Posts

Good discussions even though it is a 'little' off topic.

tigmd99, are you Thai from the t4r? I have read your documentation and it seems that you have put tons of times into research when the 4th Gen 4Runner and GX came out.

I always think that that 4Runner (V8) and the GX470 are almost the 'same' vehicles with some fancy/expensive/cheaper add ons.
Old 04-15-09, 11:05 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Received 61 Likes on 50 Posts

Yup, that's me on t4r.org.
Old 04-15-09, 11:40 AM
malmon
Intermediate

Received 13 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by tigmd99
Hahaha...does it make you sad that you are once again WRONG?!!

BTW, unless you're totally incompetent with the keyboard, the above post was a quickie. All the editing tools are available when you post. So, it may be hard for you, it is very easy for everyone else.

As for malmon, i feel bad for you...remember to RE-read all my posts again in this thread...it is a good education for you! BTW, what was the point of bringing up the mud thing?? That was my question to you.
No need to feel bad about me, you have enough problems of your own, claiming to be an expert and yet ignorant about the difference of rebadging and platform sharing. People might just see how much knowledge you really have as an alleged expert.

Since you are claiming to be an expert on the GX and you have a link on your sig that is supposedly about 4wheeling, hence the question.

Nowadays, anybody can claim to be an expert.

Last edited by malmon; 04-15-09 at 11:45 AM. Reason: typo
Old 04-15-09, 11:44 AM
tigmd99
Racer

Originally Posted by malmon
No need to feel bad about me, you have enough problems of your own, claiming to be an expert and yet ignorant about the difference of rebadging and platform sharing. People might just see how much knowledge you really have as an alleged expert.

Since you are claiming to be an expert on the GX and you have a link on your sig that is supposedly about 4wheeling, hence the question.

Nowadays, everyone can claim to be an expert.
No, i am not an expert...i just know more about the GX than YOU.

Again, why did you make the link between knowledge about GX and off-roading in my G500?? Why don't you just ask me directly about my off-roading?? Wouldn't that be easier?? What does my wheeling have to do with my knowledge of the GX?? Does my link say anything about the GX??

Are you OK??
Old 04-15-09, 12:40 PM
malmon
Intermediate

Well, either you are claiming to be an expert or you have psychic abilities, I don't know how you can make a claim you know more about my GX than me.
Old 04-15-09, 12:54 PM
tigmd99
Racer

I don't know how you can make a claim you know more about my GX than me.
Isn't it obvious from what you wrote?? You and pagemaster clearly do not know a damn thing about GX and 4runner's relationship. It's OK though because that is why i am here...to correct misinformation from members like you and Pagemaster. Well, with pagemaster, it is almost everytime that he opens his mouth.
Old 04-15-09, 02:39 PM
snhrph
Pole Position

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

And to those who think that the 4runner and the GX are the same because they share the same drivetrain and both made by toyota, I suggest you test drive both of them and you'll know the difference.
Sorry to tell you, but you are WRONG!!! I drove both the GX and the 4Runner (actually DRIVE both since I OWN both ) and I must tell you that they are the same.

They share the same frame, transmission, engine (the V8 version), brake components, electronic and electric compenents, the list goes on...
Old 04-15-09, 02:43 PM
snhrph
Pole Position

Isn't it obvious from what you wrote?? You and pagemaster clearly do not know a damn thing about GX and 4runner's relationship. It's OK though because that is why i am here...to correct misinformation from members like you and Pagemaster. Well, with pagemaster, it is almost everytime that he opens his mouth.

Man, I missed the beginning of the show!!!

Anyway, where do I buy POPCORN around here?
Old 04-15-09, 04:28 PM
malmon
Intermediate

For someone claiming to know more about my GX than me and allegedly done tons of research, you obviously need to give it more effort or you need to do more research because it is apparent that you don't know the difference between rebadging and platform sharing.

And please try to improve on your reading comprehension, I have never made any claims or implied that I know or am familiar with the 4runner. Its really embarrassing for someone like you who claims to be very knowledgeable and yet cannot stay on topic.
Old 04-15-09, 04:33 PM
malmon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by snhrph
Sorry to tell you, but you are WRONG!!! I drove both the GX and the 4Runner (actually DRIVE both since I OWN both ) and I must tell you that they are the same.

They share the same frame, transmission, engine (the V8 version), brake components, electronic and electric compenents, the list goes on...
Well, either you have a GX that is not performing right or you have poor perception. I drove both and instantly noticed the difference.

Sure they share a lot of components, but the driving experience is totally different.
Old 04-15-09, 05:15 PM
tigmd99
Racer

I have never made any claims or implied that I know or am familiar with the 4runner.
Thanks for telling us everything right there in one sentence!! So, you know nothing about the 4runner...YET, you argued incessantly about how GX is so different than 4runner!

Hahaha...got owned by your own words! Boy, between you and pagemaster, i am not sure who i feel sorry for...hey, are you gonna bring up my off-roading again??

Last edited by tigmd99; 04-15-09 at 05:19 PM.
Old 04-15-09, 05:51 PM
snhrph
Pole Position

Well, either you have a GX that is not performing right or you have poor perception. I drove both and instantly noticed the difference.

Sure they share a lot of components, but the driving experience is totally different.
I base my conclusion that the the GX and the 4Runner are VERY similar vehicles built on the same platform on first hand knowledge. (Of course they have differences, otherwise Lexus can not justify the premium for the GX.)

You base your conclusion on your driving experience, forgetting that driving experience is all about perception - how you perceive the vehicle, the road condition, the performance, etc... Remember, perception is reality ONLY in the eyes of the beholder!

You saying that I have poor perception, yet you make a conclusion without solid knowledge, ONLY based on your experience, which is based on perception... Am I missing something

By the way, the same platform is shared by several Toyota vehicles: Prado, GX, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, HiLux Surf (I think I'm forgetting one more).
Old 04-15-09, 06:27 PM
malmon
Intermediate

Thanks for telling us everything right there in one sentence!! So, you know nothing about the 4runner...YET, you argued incessantly about how GX is so different than 4runner!

Hahaha...got owned by your own words! Boy, between you and pagemaster, i am not sure who i feel sorry for...hey, are you gonna bring up my off-roading again??
You really need to go back to school or at the very least get some tutoring to improve your reading comprehension. If you can, why don't you cite the posts that according to you I wrote, that argued incessantly about how the GX is so different from the 4runner.

I don't know how you can expect people to believe your claim that you are knowledgeable, and allegedly have tons of research, when you cannot read very well and too dumb to realize the difference between rebadging and platform sharing.
Old 04-15-09, 06:36 PM
tigmd99
Racer

So, you are now insulting me? How pathetic...keep it up...i think everyone has seen your lack of knowledge...and frankly, you're making me look real good. Pagemaster is smart enough to keep his mouth shut!
Old 04-15-09, 06:52 PM
malmon
Intermediate

Originally Posted by snhrph
I base my conclusion that the the GX and the 4Runner are VERY similar vehicles built on the same platform on first hand knowledge. (Of course they have differences, otherwise Lexus can not justify the premium for the GX.)

You base your conclusion on your driving experience, forgetting that driving experience is all about perception - how you perceive the vehicle, the road condition, the performance, etc... Remember, perception is reality ONLY in the eyes of the beholder!

You saying that I have poor perception, yet you make a conclusion without solid knowledge, ONLY based on your experience, which is based on perception... Am I missing something

By the way, the same platform is shared by several Toyota vehicles: Prado, GX, 4Runner, FJ Cruiser, HiLux Surf (I think I'm forgetting one more).
You just rewrote my post:
And to those who think that the 4runner and the GX are the same because they share the same drivetrain and both made by toyota, I suggest you test drive both of them and you'll know the difference.

I believe everybody here knows that the 4runner and the GX shares the same platform. And I don't think you can find any posts to contradict that.

If you want to join in the discussion, at least get your facts straight, first post you made on this thread, you stated that I was wrong, the 4runner and the GX are the same vehicle. Second post, they are very similar and of course have differences. Make up your mind already.

All these facts about which vehicles share which platform are available on the internet. It is not a secret and anybody with online access can read about it. Don't feel like you know more than we do or you'll end up like this guy on CL who claims to be very knowledgeable and have tons of research, yet so unbelievably unbelievable.

Quick Reply: Looking for a V8 SUV from Lexus