GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Good luck Kiichiro!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-19, 09:29 AM
ThomasGS4
Lexus Test Driver

Received 373 Likes on 218 Posts

Originally Posted by Greenbow
Haha that is awesome! Tell Hasan, James says thanks!
Will do, James!
Old 01-31-19, 04:00 PM
Greenbow
Rookie

Received 48 Likes on 23 Posts
Default More parts

Grille arrived yesterday; as it is it’s simply too damn cold to do anything in the garage but luckily I’m stockpiling parts. The Prado grille lines up and the camera hole will work without a need for modification. I’m debating whether or not to paint a matte black or leave as is for a factory look. Tailgate cover should arrive this weekend then I’m hunting for the tailgate garnish, emblems (TX ones) and headlights.
The following users liked this post:
Acrad (01-31-19)
Old 01-31-19, 05:58 PM
KJ6IRM
Rookie

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

That’s going to look good! I was thinking of doing a new Prado facelift on my GX as well sometime in the future.
Old 01-31-19, 06:44 PM
Greenbow
Rookie

Default Thank you!

Originally Posted by KJ6IRM
That’s going to look good! I was thinking of doing a new Prado facelift on my GX as well sometime in the future.
when it all comes together it will; now is just the awesome parts collection part. I say go for it.
Old 01-31-19, 09:05 PM
HedgeFund
Pit Crew

Received 49 Likes on 25 Posts

Thanks for posting this. Very interesting project
Regarding Prado lights, is there a gap at the bottom that needs to be closed out or does it fit perfectly without any issues?
Old 02-01-19, 09:12 AM
KJ6IRM
Rookie

I say go for it.
I probably will, but just in the future.. I have other things I want to get done on the truck first. Suspension, rear drawer system.. etc..

Old 02-01-19, 09:20 AM
Greenbow
Rookie

Originally Posted by HedgeFund
Thanks for posting this. Very interesting project
Regarding Prado lights, is there a gap at the bottom that needs to be closed out or does it fit perfectly without any issues?
No gap or fitment issues when test fitted. I really should have snapped pictures when I put it on. I'm pretty excited about it and plan to have it done in time for Summer.

I probably will, but just in the future.. I have other things I want to get done on the truck first. Suspension, rear drawer system.. etc..
I hear you; when the time comes I will do an upgrade. Going back and forth on a couple of setups right now. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.
Old 04-06-19, 11:52 AM
Greenbow
Rookie

Default Wheels and tires

With winter over it feels nice to be able to get started modifying Kiichiro. I pulled the trigger on the Fuel Tech Wheels in the Anthracite finish. These are a new design and I went with the 17"s over the 20"s for the occasional offroad use and comfort factor. Plus 17"s don't hit your wallet as much as 20"s do. For tires my original choice was the Nitto Ridge Grappler, an excellent rated tire that I was confident would get me anywhere. In the end however I stayed with the tried and tested KO2 in a 285/70/17 size. I get some minor rubbing but once the Dobinson lift is installed that'll go away. All in all I'm really impressed. Cheers!

After wheels and tires 4/5/19
ltsr (04-23-19)
Old 04-06-19, 12:18 PM
oksir83
Driver

Received 48 Likes on 31 Posts

Looks great! I lot of people poo-poo the KO2s, but I have been really happy with mine so far. No vibration or balancing issues so far.
Old 04-06-19, 12:57 PM
Greenbow
Rookie

These are my second set, I did have a two incidents with my 4Runner. Both cases involved fresh rain; the first one, I spun around once and the second was a fish tailing incident. Part of the bigger issue was having zero weight in the back of a lifted truck.
Old 04-20-19, 01:58 PM
Greenbow
Rookie

Prado rear

loaded the truck up with suspension parts and Prado rockers. I’ve decide to forgo the step install. Dropping rear bumper off for painting. The rear LEDs have a DRL and brake light function; just have to investigate the wiring.
ltsr (04-20-19)
Old 04-20-19, 03:57 PM
KJ6IRM
Rookie

Grille arrived yesterday; as it is it’s simply too damn cold to do anything in the garage but luckily I’m stockpiling parts. The Prado grille lines up and the camera hole will work without a need for modification. I’m debating whether or not to paint a matte black or leave as is for a factory look. Tailgate cover should arrive this weekend then I’m hunting for the tailgate garnish, emblems (TX ones) and headlights.
Have you ordered the Prado headlights yet? If so, do you know if they fit with the 460 fenders?
Old 04-20-19, 03:57 PM
Romanova
Racer

Received 723 Likes on 512 Posts

Are you going to do the Prado hatch garnish as well?
Old 04-20-19, 04:15 PM
Greenbow
Rookie

Default Good question

Have you ordered the Prado headlights yet? If so, do you know if they fit with the 460 fenders?
Current fenders ‘appear’ to work with the newer model Prado lights. I’ve searched up and down but nothing definitive. There are facelift kits in Japan to convert so I’m hoping that I can get by with what I have. Worst case scenario I’d be looking at new fenders and I hope that that’s not the case. I have located a left and a right from two separate vendors but am hoping to snag a set one time.

Last edited by Greenbow; 04-20-19 at 04:21 PM.
Old 04-20-19, 04:20 PM
Greenbow
Rookie

Default That’s the plan...

Originally Posted by Romanova
Are you going to do the Prado hatch garnish as well?
I received one in great shape but on the surface it appears to be larger than the GX garnish. I’m wondering if the 14-present model GX would accommodate this larger garnish. It’s held on by a series of clips so I plan to remove confirm and go from there. Worst case I will look at the earlier 150 Prado garnish and see if that one works. Minor set back but it is what it is...

Quick Reply: Good luck Kiichiro!!