GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

275 65 18 No Rub

Search this Thread

Old 10-16-18, 02:42 PM
leftyguns
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

man, those tires are cheap. i have the KO2s, paid almost twice that

do you think the offset will help on rubbing with 265/70/18? the rubbing is kind of driving me nuts
Old 10-17-18, 01:27 PM
flexthatdx
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I just ordered new wheels 18x9 +0 and will be going with the falken wildpeaks. I wanted to go with 275/65-18 on stock height. Curious why you didnt go with the LT tires
Old 10-18-18, 12:21 AM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

Originally Posted by flexthatdx
I just ordered new wheels 18x9 +0 and will be going with the falken wildpeaks. I wanted to go with 275/65-18 on stock height. Curious why you didnt go with the LT tires
Nice! Discount Tire Direct is having a sale on eBay at the moment ($100 off a set).
Old 10-18-18, 07:42 PM
RedRacer
Rookie

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't speak for the OP but I wouldn't use LT tires on my GX because they are heavier, have worse ride quality, aren't designed for P-Metric PSI range applications (~30psi) and tend to cost more than equivalent P-Metric tires.

The following users liked this post:
Carnevino (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 01:03 PM
Givemebeer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Which Dobinson Kit did you go with? Debating the gas vs reservoir mrr - thanks for the great post
Carnevino (10-30-18)
Old 10-30-18, 05:41 PM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

Originally Posted by Givemebeer
Which Dobinson Kit did you go with? Debating the gas vs reservoir mrr - thanks for the great post
I went with the gas because I wanted more of a plug and play system. I haven’t installed them yet due to time restraints from Hurricane Michael hitting my area. Hopefully I’ll have it installed in the next few weeks. I’ll be sure to give a review. I will mention Kyle Fogle from Treaty Off Road was a huge help. He’s basically the walking Wikipedia for the GX platform.
Old 10-30-18, 06:00 PM
Givemebeer
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thanks, can’t wait to hear what you think of them. I’m leaning towards the gas option as well
Old 11-12-18, 02:28 PM
flexthatdx
Intermediate

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

@Carnevino any updates on your dobinsons lift? What height did you go with? Black Friday is around the corner and there’s sales on the Dobinsons lift that I may consider.
Old 11-15-18, 06:02 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

@Carnevino any updates on your dobinsons lift? What height did you go with? Black Friday is around the corner and there’s sales on the Dobinsons lift that I may consider.
sorry for the late reply, life is a little crazy right now with work. Unfortunately they’re still sitting in my garage, but I do have a scheduled appointment getting them installed following Thanksgiving. I’ll be sure to do a write up then. I’ll just add that those that have gone with this setup seem to be be highly positive from the results. The GXOR FB page is great....and I don’t FB much at all.
Old 12-19-18, 06:55 AM
Airpirate
Driver School Candidate

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Carnevino Was Right

Thanks to Carnevino for his full posts covering his wheel install. I took his info and ordered Method NV wheels from 4 Wheel Parts. They got mounted yesterday, and they improve that narrow look of the stock wheels. No rubbing throughout entire steering range. 4 Whe

KO2s 265/65 with Method NVs 18x9.
el did a great balance job, also. No vibration so far up to 75 mph.
Carnevino (12-20-18)
Old 12-19-18, 08:32 AM
konc3pt
Driver

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

looking good!

does MPG or performance take a hit with upgraded wheels ?
Old 12-19-18, 08:59 AM
Airpirate
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by konc3pt
looking good!

does MPG or performance take a hit with upgraded wheels ?
I don't think so. Problem is I just started running regular gas instead of premium, so I've got two changes going at the same time. My city driving is hovering around 15 mph. I did one 20 minute drive on the Interstate, and the computer said 20mpg. I will be doing a road trip after Christmas, and I will have some good data for highway mileage. Certainly no obvious loss in mileage so far.
Old 12-24-18, 10:38 AM
RoadDawg
Rookie

Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Originally Posted by Airpirate
Thanks to Carnevino for his full posts covering his wheel install. I took his info and ordered Method NV wheels from 4 Wheel Parts. They got mounted yesterday, and they improve that narrow look of the stock wheels. No rubbing throughout entire steering range. 4 Whe

KO2s 265/65 with Method NVs 18x9.
el did a great balance job, also. No vibration so far up to 75 mph.
That looks like an excellent build to me. I am also intrigued by the window treatment on your rearmost windows. Very nicely done, and I think a subtle design on those windows is a great idea. That looks like something other than ordinary vinyl graphics. I have an idea for a design that would incorporate maybe a Route 66 sign. What kind of shop did you find to do that work, and what kind of product did they apply? Thanks for any bit o' wisdom!
Old 12-24-18, 11:11 AM
bd5400
Pole Position

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by RoadDawg
That looks like an excellent build to me. I am also intrigued by the window treatment on your rearmost windows. Very nicely done, and I think a subtle design on those windows is a great idea. That looks like something other than ordinary vinyl graphics. I have an idea for a design that would incorporate maybe a Route 66 sign. What kind of shop did you find to do that work, and what kind of product did they apply? Thanks for any bit o' wisdom!
The window is just a decal. You can find them online for pretty cheap, at least cheaper than I initially expected.

https://www.etsy.com/listing/6088335...flag-decal-for

Last edited by bd5400; 12-24-18 at 11:16 AM.
Old 12-24-18, 01:01 PM
Airpirate
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by RoadDawg
Yes, it is a stick-on decal from Etsy. A Route 66 theme would be pretty cool. Look around some, because there are other designs. I can't take any credit for this as a "build", since I've only added wheels and tires, but there a lot of very clever guys on here and GXOR (Facebook) who have built some great rigs.

Quick Reply: 275 65 18 No Rub