GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

those with ecru/light colored interiors...

Search this Thread

Old 07-31-18, 09:43 AM
Qx2Gx
Rookie

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default those with ecru/light colored interiors...

do you find the lighter colored interiors (ecru in particular) harder to keep clean/have a higher propensity to staining?

Black leather just seems so boring to me now (have had it on my past 4 cars) and think the ecru just looks so inviting and classy but I worry about the light nature of it. Denim dye from dark wash jeans immediately comes to mind as something that could be disastrous sliding in and out of the truck on a consistent basis.

Would love to hear first hand experiences from anyone who has the lighter interior and I appreciate any insight and suggestions. Thanks, in advance!
Old 07-31-18, 09:51 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 978 Likes on 565 Posts

I had Ivory interior for my previous 04 GX, it is difficult to keep it clean and spot free. Depends on individual's life style and how often to do detail clean inside car, in general, darker color will always hide dirt a bit easier.
Old 07-31-18, 12:08 PM
Greysmoke
Driver School Candidate

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

I've had no trouble at all keeping it clean. Of course, my kids are grown up now.

Old 07-31-18, 02:57 PM
SteveInCal
Driver

Received 22 Likes on 16 Posts

I didn't want black, and the Ecru looked like it would be too difficult to keep clean.

I held out for a couple months and found one with the Sepia interior, which I love!
Old 07-31-18, 03:15 PM
leftyguns
Intermediate

Received 92 Likes on 58 Posts

i had an Audi S4 with white leather once. it was near impossible to keep clean. especially the door arm rest.
i have a black dog. i camp a lot. the weather here in CO can get bad in winters. there is no way i could have a light color interior again. the black nulux is perfect for my lifestyle.
Old 07-31-18, 05:37 PM
tecman
Lead Lap

Received 816 Likes on 567 Posts

Ecura is not difficult to clean but as others here have previously mentioned, it seems to show wear sooner than other colors.
Old 12-11-18, 11:41 AM
IMATHINKER
Driver School Candidate

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have the Ecru because it does looks so good, however, even though we are two adults, the denim from the jeans is a constant source of aggravation. The front seats of my car have completely lost their coloring because of the endless cleaning. This happened within 6 months of having the car. I spoke to Lexus about it, but they would offer no resolution. I wish I had thought to just put seat covers on the bottom seats.

2017 Claret Mica/Ecru
The following users liked this post:
YGBSM352 (11-08-22)
Old 12-11-18, 12:16 PM
viejid
Driver School Candidate

Originally Posted by SteveInCal
I didn't want black, and the Ecru looked like it would be too difficult to keep clean.

I held out for a couple months and found one with the Sepia interior, which I love!
Based on what I've seen, the ecru looked impossible to keep stain-free, and the black showed wear and tear way too fast - I also landed on a Sepia interior one, as it seems to be a good compromise between then two, in that it doesn't show stains too much, but also doesn't show wear and tear.
Old 12-11-18, 10:38 PM
caesosa
Pole Position

Received 50 Likes on 37 Posts

Intresting question you bring up. The ecru is probably the nicest looking one under optimal conditions (clean/no signs of wear). The black I have seen in several used/certified vehicles that it turn shiny and shows wear a lot (but clean). We have the sepia and it seems to be a great compromise. Not as light as I (or my wife) would like, but it doesn’t show dirt, wear or blue jean stains as our ecru RX did. Overall, they all have a benefit and with proper maintenance and care I am sure you can keep any of them looking great!
Old 12-12-18, 05:55 AM
Carnevino
Advanced

Received 162 Likes on 90 Posts

My first GX had Ecru and when I bought my 14 GX I specifically wanted Ecru again. It looks the best IMO and most importantly I live in Florida...black interiors get too hot. I use Griotts & Adams Leather products on the seats to clean and preserve. My drivers side does show a little wear, but I’m closing in on 90k miles so I’m not disappointed.
Old 12-12-18, 06:42 AM
User21c
Pit Crew

Received 22 Likes on 17 Posts

50k on my Ecru Luxury (does the semi-aniline leather matter?)
Anyway, it still looks perfect..... I fit myself up and into the seat as much as possible, and only wear jeans a few times a week.
When I see any (rare) blue jean stains from passengers, it comes right off w/ leather cleaner.
And I use Leather Maters protectant to resist staining. It works.

I love the look, and they look as good today as they did when I bought the car.
Old 11-01-22, 01:55 PM
dannycarl
4th Gear

Default lighter interiors

Originally Posted by Qx2Gx
do you find the lighter colored interiors (ecru in particular) harder to keep clean/have a higher propensity to staining?

Black leather just seems so boring to me now (have had it on my past 4 cars) and think the ecru just looks so inviting and classy but I worry about the light nature of it. Denim dye from dark wash jeans immediately comes to mind as something that could be disastrous sliding in and out of the truck on a consistent basis.

Would love to hear first hand experiences from anyone who has the lighter interior and I appreciate any insight and suggestions. Thanks, in advance!
i have always had light interiors. i am careful in laying items on the seat which may be an issue. Will usually lay a towel under them if needed.My Lexus has an ecru interior which is beautiful. I have in the past had some issues with blue jeans. i use Lexol to clean. worst case scenario place a light towel on seat.

Last edited by dannycarl; 11-01-22 at 01:57 PM. Reason: misspelled lexol
Old 11-01-22, 04:25 PM
CFAI
Advanced

Received 288 Likes on 198 Posts

2013 with Ecru. Almost 10 years old now - while there is wear in the front seats - nothing unreasonable for 10 YO. The light interior with the two tone plastic along the bottom of the doors makes it feel like a way nicer ride to me. Just make sure you clean the surfaces and it should be fine.
Old 11-01-22, 04:59 PM
catdaddylo
Intermediate

Received 106 Likes on 72 Posts

I have the Atomic Silver with Ecru and I love it. I usually wear kakki shorts and pants but occasionally wear jeans. My interior looks the same as it did 11 months ago when I got my 22 GX. I have not cleaned any of my seats because as I said they look like new. I'm getting ready to go elk hunting in Colorado and I will report how the Ecru holds up. Also, Ecru makes the interior seem larger and is a lot cooler in hot weather. Just gives a more luxurious feel to a luxurious vehicle. L
The following 2 users liked this post by catdaddylo:
brutus27 (11-03-22), ScaldedDog (11-01-22)
Old 11-01-22, 07:00 PM
Mojlnir
Driver

Received 36 Likes on 24 Posts

2019 with Ecru.

This is what works to keep ours unstained:
Amazon Amazon

Quick Reply: those with ecru/light colored interiors...