GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

New GX owner.. smooth as silk.

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-18, 08:07 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by situman
How much would it cost to ship a GX to the East coast? The lease deals are horrible here. Discounts arent as good as well.
Discounts are the same nationwide when it comes to the Lexus cash. I know someone that got similar deals in the east coast. Just shop around and you’ll get the same deal.
Old 08-13-18, 11:32 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

same buddy of mine sold 5 GXs over the weekend.

Great time to be buying, but I wonder if this is a signal of sorts as to the fate of the GX. Does it finally mean there moving units for a refresh or the bean counters think this is the only way to move a 7 year old product?
Old 08-13-18, 06:51 PM
situman
Pole Position

Received 166 Likes on 115 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE

Discounts are the same nationwide when it comes to the Lexus cash. I know someone that got similar deals in the east coast. Just shop around and you’ll get the same deal.
Yea but leasing is not so good.
Old 08-14-18, 09:07 AM
Rubiwho
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wow, I wish I found this forum thread before I bought my GX Premuim last week. I looked at USAA car buying service, Truecar, and edmunds to see what people were paying. I thought I got a great deal with $7500 off (MSRP $57,985). All my research was saying an average of $5k off was the norm. I guess you’ll always find a better deal if you keep looking.
Old 08-14-18, 03:14 PM
rusn007
Pit Crew

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

The best I could get is about $11.5K off MSRP on a $58K car in LA area. This is good, but not great - and I'm willing to wait since I'm not in a hurry. Love the vehicle but wish they did a redesign of interior.
Old 08-16-18, 10:26 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by rusn007
The best I could get is about $11.5K off MSRP on a $58K car in LA area. This is good, but not great - and I'm willing to wait since I'm not in a hurry. Love the vehicle but wish they did a redesign of interior.
It will be very hard to find GX for good deals now, since they sold majority of their stock in july and august. Each dealers have less than 10 GX's compared to 40+ prior to july. And the 19's will be in stock in any day now.
Old 08-17-18, 07:59 AM
ap30
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by rusn007
You are not alone, I can't get any dealers even close to JDMuscle price. I haven't seen anyone else get that kind of deal either, so his deal is more the exception, good for him though.
Old 08-17-18, 08:03 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 3,669 Likes on 2,401 Posts

Originally Posted by jkonquer
It will be very hard to find GX for good deals now, since they sold majority of their stock in july and august. Each dealers have less than 10 GX's compared to 40+ prior to july. And the 19's will be in stock in any day now.
I noticed that with Lexus of Seattle too... lot was overflowing a month back and now only about 10 left.
Old 08-17-18, 11:24 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
I noticed that with Lexus of Seattle too... lot was overflowing a month back and now only about 10 left.
Just checked all the larger dealers in socal and it is at 0. lol few l/certi though.
Old 08-21-18, 09:27 PM
ksquare88
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE

Glad to report that I’ve taken possession of a brand new 2018 GX premium with few options..
1) head lamp washers
2) Tow hitch
3) all weather mats
4) chrome exhaust tip
5) wood steering and shifter

She is painted in starfire pearl with blk interior. Can’t wait to put this thing to test.

MSRP: 60200
Updated MSRP: 58200
Sale price: 45300

i think I got a phenomenal deal. Thoughts?
Many thanks to JDMUSCLE for all the great info in this thread, was able to pick up a white/black premium for 20.4% off MSRP before trade-in and ttl. Wife loves the quiet and solid ride and kids love the conversation mirror.
Old 08-22-18, 04:54 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by ksquare88
Many thanks to JDMUSCLE for all the great info in this thread, was able to pick up a white/black premium for 20.4% off MSRP before trade-in and ttl. Wife loves the quiet and solid ride and kids love the conversation mirror.
Glad it all worked out and you got the truck you wanted. Congrats and good luck with it. I keep telling people.. the deal I got is not dealer dependent. Anyone can get that deal and from any dealer. Just shop around in your own area and you should be able to get 20% off msrp in these truck through the 4th of September.
Old 08-22-18, 06:51 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 3,669 Likes on 2,401 Posts

This is reportedly a map of US Lexus dealers. I have not double checked though.

EDIT: Not sure of accuracy as a quick search of North Dakota shows a dealer in Bismarck or in "Wayzata"

I wonder if the deals are more easily found in the areas with concentrated dealers? Here in NW US...not really many Lexus dealers so would be surprised to hear of of someone getting a 20% off deal. That being said if someone gets that deal in Seattle one can assume it is possible nationally. I had to buy an Infiniti from California back in '07 as local dealers wouldn't budge on MSRP.
Old 08-22-18, 09:56 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 209 Likes on 138 Posts

EDIT: Not sure of accuracy as a quick search of North Dakota shows a dealer in Bismarck or in "Wayzata"

I wonder if the deals are more easily found in the areas with concentrated dealers? Here in NW US...not really many Lexus dealers so would be surprised to hear of of someone getting a 20% off deal. That being said if someone gets that deal in Seattle one can assume it is possible nationally. I had to buy an Infiniti from California back in '07 as local dealers wouldn't budge on MSRP.
Good luck to anyone is the Seattle area. In my experience, Seattle Lexus dealers are horrible to to try to get deals on a GX because SUVs/4WDs are popular for this climate. Add that to the fact that there are only 3 in the area and 2 are owned by the same Auto Group (O'Brien) and 1 of those has switched to the Lexus Plus program, which is a non-negotiable type of sale. From what i hear, Texas usually has the best deals for whatever reason, maybe a lot of Lexus dealerships down there. When I bought my brand new GX in Feb 2015, inventory was low and i was only able to get $2500 off with the Costco Auto program.
Old 08-23-18, 03:33 AM
texas008
Advanced

Received 108 Likes on 92 Posts

In Houston I was able to get 5k off msrp of my GX460 in August 2014, with little resistance.
Old 08-23-18, 04:30 AM
ksquare88
Driver School Candidate

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My area actually only has 4 lexus dealers, 2 of them belong to the same owner. But those 2 did have more than 140 GX when I bought mine. I think it is definitely easier to negotiate with dealers that have a lot units to move.

Quick Reply: New GX owner.. smooth as silk.