GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

New GX owner.. smooth as silk.

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-18, 06:05 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by texas008
Thanks for the info. 15k off LX sounds pretty good.
Wondering historically what kind of discount can people get with Sequoia?
Edmunds suggested 4k off MSRP of Sequoia SR5. So I would guess 8k off is possible for the final price
Thanks,
Typical MSRP to invoice on a Sequioa is about 3500-4K based on options / trim level etc. given the dismal sales of these models Most dealers will dip into the holdback and finance reserve to move them before they hit the floor plan. So expecting 5-6k off msrp is common. If they have any kind of dealer cash then the deal gets even sweeter. But Sequioa has the same interior from 07... do you really want that dated of a truck?

new program has 1500 dealer cash on sequoias.

Last edited by JDMUSCLE; 08-02-18 at 06:12 AM.
The following users liked this post:
texas008 (08-02-18)
Old 08-02-18, 07:27 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE

Typical MSRP to invoice on a Sequioa is about 3500-4K based on options / trim level etc. given the dismal sales of these models Most dealers will dip into the holdback and finance reserve to move them before they hit the floor plan. So expecting 5-6k off msrp is common. If they have any kind of dealer cash then the deal gets even sweeter. But Sequioa has the same interior from 07... do you really want that dated of a truck?

Toyota incentives are not aggressive at all it seems. Not needed when people are lapping up SUVs without a second though.
Old 08-02-18, 10:06 AM
texas008
Advanced

Received 94 Likes on 82 Posts

Thanks for the info.
Longevity, low maintenance, room for 8, v8 5.7 are the selling points of Sequoia,
since we've already had Lexus units.
Old 08-02-18, 10:13 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by texas008
Thanks for the info.
Longevity, low maintenance, room for 8, v8 5.7 are the selling points of Sequoia,
since we've already had Lexus units.
Those Ecoboost Expeditions are amazing. I know many folks with over 200k on
the ecoboost motors. Plus the expeditions are super fuel effiencent compared to the 5.7.
Old 08-02-18, 10:27 AM
texas008
Advanced

Those Ecoboost Expeditions are amazing. I know many folks with over 200k on
the ecoboost motors. Plus the expeditions are super fuel effiencent compared to the 5.7.
yes i also heard that expedition has more room than the sequoia
Old 08-03-18, 05:47 AM
texas008
Advanced

I just wonder why Sequoia could not match the discount of Lexus LX/GX, not even close (5k vs 12k off)
Old 08-03-18, 12:51 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

When it comes to pricing, Toyota is a bit different than Lexus.

99 out of 100 times, you’ll find that the LX leases much cheaper than a Land cruiser. So it’s sometimes cheaper to buy a Lexus than a Toyota.
Old 08-05-18, 11:24 AM
texas008
Advanced

CNBC news:

The Trump administration's trade war will make Toyota pickup trucks and minivans more expensive, adding about $3,000 to the sticker price of some of its best-selling automobiles, Toyota executives said after reporting record profits Friday.

therefore now is the best time to get a GX460?
Old 08-06-18, 08:18 AM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Yup JDMuscle you right. Talked to a buddy of mine, hes been doing some of the crazy deals, even nearly convinced me to pick up one of their GX premos for less then what I paid. If anyone needs his info lmk.
Old 08-06-18, 08:34 AM
ap30
10th Gear

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Yup JDMuscle you right. Talked to a buddy of mine, hes been doing some of the crazy deals, even nearly convinced me to pick up one of their GX premos for less then what I paid. If anyone needs his info lmk.
can you share his info. I would love to get a deal like JDMuscle. I have a 2016 but don't mind taking the depreciation to get into a newer GX
Old 08-12-18, 09:21 AM
gblexus
Driver School Candidate

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Can you share the dealer and the sale rep name where you bought your GX from?
Old 08-12-18, 10:37 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by gblexus
Can you share the dealer and the sale rep name where you bought your GX from?
You can get this deal at pretty much any dealer. It’s all in your negotiation skill and the market where you are located.
Old 08-12-18, 10:46 AM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

Better hurry, local dealer here in cali just sold over 35 GX's in two month.
Old 08-12-18, 03:15 PM
GX4TATI
Driver School Candidate

Received 16 Likes on 10 Posts

We did all our negotiations online. Requested a quote from one dealer, it came in pretty good. Once we had a quote in writing, we contacted three other dealers and requested a quote from them. And then it was... Can you make the price that we already have better? They all wanted in on the game...Plus it was very close to the end of the month... They all want their numbers. At the end we had all of our ducks in a row. Best quote, appraised trade-in, approved financing with our CU. Drove to our closest dealer to check out sepia interior and they wanted to play too. Matched the price. One of the easiest car buying experiences we’ve ever had and certainly the best deal we’ve ever got. Good luck!
Old 08-13-18, 06:43 AM
situman
Pole Position

Received 162 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by GX4TATI
We did all our negotiations online. Requested a quote from one dealer, it came in pretty good. Once we had a quote in writing, we contacted three other dealers and requested a quote from them. And then it was... Can you make the price that we already have better? They all wanted in on the game...Plus it was very close to the end of the month... They all want their numbers. At the end we had all of our ducks in a row. Best quote, appraised trade-in, approved financing with our CU. Drove to our closest dealer to check out sepia interior and they wanted to play too. Matched the price. One of the easiest car buying experiences we’ve ever had and certainly the best deal we’ve ever got. Good luck!
How much would it cost to ship a GX to the East coast? The lease deals are horrible here. Discounts arent as good as well.

Quick Reply: New GX owner.. smooth as silk.