3.77%
Voters: 53. You may not vote on this poll

2019 refresh watch

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-18, 03:49 PM
jkonquer
Instructor

Received 79 Likes on 64 Posts

so no changes or a refresh at the most...
Old 07-22-18, 04:01 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

Received 3,561 Likes on 2,331 Posts

IMO... I think the LC/LX570 will be refreshed first.. at that point we might be at 2021 for GX.... possibly early release spring 2020 for the GX to see any changes
Old 07-22-18, 04:28 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

RX350L pretty much seals the deal for Lexus from having any type of motive to refresh / bring a new variant of the GX. I wouldn’t be surprised if this truck disappears from the Lexus offering post 2019 MY.
Old 07-22-18, 04:31 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

It has such consistent sales though... the tooling and such was from a decade ago. IMO..so much profit in the 460..... Toyota has no real reason to discontinue other than some legal/EPA reason.
Old 07-23-18, 05:28 AM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by Acrad35751
It has such consistent sales though... the tooling and such was from a decade ago. IMO..so much profit in the 460..... Toyota has no real reason to discontinue other than some legal/EPA reason.
agreed. No need to discontinue it unless they are bringing a larger viriant of the RX or make a cheaper version of the LX. They may just keep the truck chugging along on the side but here is something I see that can change things...

1) Tariffs. If it becomes a reality, I see Lexus reconsidering the offerings in the states and may even build a slightly larger version of a SUV based on the highlander. And make it locally in the states.
2) GX has been a good seller for the following reasons besides it being an amazing truck:
- cheapest 7 pass truck in the Lexus lineup
- relatively cheap given that Lexus has lowered the msrp and leases are amazinh
3) now that the RX-L is around.. you may see the impact on GX sales.

At the end of the day.. who knows what will happen.
Old 07-23-18, 12:45 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Received 275 Likes on 246 Posts

Originally Posted by JDMUSCLE

agreed. No need to discontinue it unless they are bringing a larger viriant of the RX or make a cheaper version of the LX. They may just keep the truck chugging along on the side but here is something I see that can change things...

1) Tariffs. If it becomes a reality, I see Lexus reconsidering the offerings in the states and may even build a slightly larger version of a SUV based on the highlander. And make it locally in the states.
2) GX has been a good seller for the following reasons besides it being an amazing truck:
- cheapest 7 pass truck in the Lexus lineup
- relatively cheap given that Lexus has lowered the msrp and leases are amazinh
3) now that the RX-L is around.. you may see the impact on GX sales.

At the end of the day.. who knows what will happen.
Autoblog has a piece on the tariff situation so that might play a role but these things are moving well so unless theres a huge effect I doubt they`d stop.
The RX-L although I thought was a huge factor, isnt moving all too well. GX is safe from that.

The 19 placeholder either was a hodge podge of analytics for web crawlers or it means no refresh and chugging along. End of august is usually a refresh placeholder launch date. If all is the same then expect the official lexus website to sooon show thwe 19s.
Old 07-23-18, 07:39 PM
AJT123
Lexus Champion

Received 186 Likes on 165 Posts

I don't think it's going anywhere. There are so many in my area it's almost ridiculous.

I say this as someone who is planning to buy one as soon as the right year/miles/price comes along, but I'm frankly surprised they sell so well considering how old of a truck it is.

I've never driven nor ridden in one (sat in one though, loved it) but it must have a silky ride and be plenty refined.

That's exactly what I'm looking for. Tough capability, run over curbs, tow boat, go off roading etc. like my 15 year old Yukon does but I want the Lexus luxury.

Hate that it requires premium, though.
Old 07-23-18, 08:22 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by coolsaber
Autoblog has a piece on the tariff situation so that might play a role but these things are moving well so unless theres a huge effect I doubt they`d stop.
The RX-L although I thought was a huge factor, isnt moving all too well. GX is safe from that.

The 19 placeholder either was a hodge podge of analytics for web crawlers or it means no refresh and chugging along. End of august is usually a refresh placeholder launch date. If all is the same then expect the official lexus website to sooon show thwe 19s.
Spoke to an insider at Lexus. Apparently the refresh was sloted for 19 but hasn’t heard / seen anything lately. So who knows.. if it’ll happen or not.
Old 07-24-18, 04:02 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Spoke to an insider at Lexus. Apparently the refresh was sloted for 19 but hasn’t heard / seen anything lately. So who knows.. if it’ll happen or not.
While I thank you for that, I caution my excitement with the fact the most usual source of before press images that are found on auto sites have nothing on the 19. Dealerships also like to ruffle up feathers from time to time claiming different things about axed, refreshed etc so I hope that is not the source.
Old 07-24-18, 08:27 PM
JDMUSCLE
Lexus Test Driver

Originally Posted by coolsaber
While I thank you for that, I caution my excitement with the fact the most usual source of before press images that are found on auto sites have nothing on the 19. Dealerships also like to ruffle up feathers from time to time claiming different things about axed, refreshed etc so I hope that is not the source.
no way.. I never trust dealers when it comes to info. Typically they know less. My source is someone that was on the MKV Supra project that moved to an F project at Lexus.
Old 07-25-18, 01:49 PM
4les
Rookie

Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts

Don't know if this is related, but i received a survey from Lexus a few weeks back on the vehicle performance, brakes, leather and other features.
The survey also wanted to know what features i would want to to be changed etc. Is this a normal survey which everyone receives?

Regards
Charles
Old 07-30-18, 01:44 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator

https://www.caradvice.com.au/671115/...kadu-tailgate/

Toyota is about to announce the addition of a split tailgate with top-hinged glass as a no-cost option for the updated Landcruiser Prado, CarAdvice can exclusively reveal.

Unlike previous Prado generations where the flat, split tailgate has been limited to top-spec Altitude models, the model-year update will make it available on the GXL, VX and Kakadu. The spare wheel is relocated under the car, the secondary fuel tank removed and a top-hinged rear window added.

A group of vehicles sporting the new tailgate were spotted at the docks in Port Melbourne, and the car you see here was posted on the Instagram page of a Victorian dealer.

According to the dealer, the option can be selected at the time of purchase for no additional cost. It reduces the Prado's fuel capacity from 150- to 87 litres – the 63 litre sub tank is replaced by a spare tyre – which drops driving range from around 1875km to 1087km.
The following users liked this post:
Hobbes22 (07-30-18)
Old 07-30-18, 05:46 PM
msgs350
Pole Position

Received 196 Likes on 129 Posts

no way.. I never trust dealers when it comes to info. Typically they know less. My source is someone that was on the MKV Supra project that moved to an F project at Lexus.
Highlighted the truth for you

But yeah, most sales and service advisors know less than some of us on the forums which is why i find them pretty worthless with the exception of warranty work, or TSB/recall related items.
Old 07-30-18, 07:18 PM
Randy B
Advanced

Received 80 Likes on 55 Posts

Here's something for you to ponder:

https://lexus.jp/models/ux/

Randy B
Old 07-30-18, 07:24 PM
coolsaber
Lead Lap

Originally Posted by Randy B