GX - 2nd Gen (2010-2023) Discussion topics related to the 2010 + GX460 models

Rear camera grid lines 2010-13?

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-18, 08:40 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Received 3,669 Likes on 2,401 Posts

We should already have this piece as that is what detects the steering wheel angle on that center gauge mode with the vehicle tire direction.

One could speculate it is the missing drive camera monitor button on steering wheel but if '18... (do 17's as well?) all have dynamic backup lines

the theory of needing the steering wheel switch hardware gets tossed out as well.

We may need a visual confirmationof a part number on parking assist module of vehicle with dynamic lines just to completely rule out that isn't the relevant piece off the puzzle.
Old 03-22-18, 04:29 AM
hzhao
Racer

Received 987 Likes on 571 Posts

Look through the FSM wire diagram, there is no difference between Gas with or without drive support package, and no difference between the components for driver support ECU, Parking assist ECU. All seems to be added accessories such as wide view cameras, and driver monitor camera (for US only). Now we already know by switching driver support SWITCH ECU added MTS which is not available to US models, and console switch to enable Crawl Control. Just logically look at whole picture, the following missing pieces are the only hardware that are missing: LDA, which is separate module on the windshield that has nothing to do with the reverse guide line; Driver monitor (mounted on steering wheel to detect driver facial direction) are consisted two items, driver monitor camera and driver monitor ECU, which only communicates with Pre-Crash function, which is part of Drive support ECU. So, the only left part are the wide view cameras, which consists of front and right side (for US). Seems is system detects certain items exists, various options will become available. Just a logical guess based on others experiences.
Old 03-23-18, 04:49 AM
tuandino
Pit Crew

Received 64 Likes on 42 Posts

hzhao, I have 18' GX Luxury but I do not have dynamic line. I saw that you mentioned in here and in the craw control thread that 18' and up have dynamic line. I double and tripple check every menu setting to see if i accidentally disable them, but no.
Old 03-23-18, 06:53 AM
hzhao
Racer

Originally Posted by tuandino
hzhao, I have 18' GX Luxury but I do not have dynamic line. I saw that you mentioned in here and in the craw control thread that 18' and up have dynamic line. I double and tripple check every menu setting to see if i accidentally disable them, but no.
Really? According the Lexus web side, The Dynamic Guide Line has became standard for GX, unless I miss-read the description..... I will double check on that one.
Old 03-23-18, 07:00 AM
hzhao
Racer

Here is what's listed on Lexus Web side:

Old 03-23-18, 07:15 AM
tuandino
Pit Crew

hzhao, yea i also saw that feature listed on lexus site, but mine does not have it. At my next schedule service, I'm going to talk to service rep about this issue. Hopefully it's just a simple enablement through software. I'll keep you guys posted
Old 03-23-18, 07:25 AM
hzhao
Racer

hzhao, yea i also saw that feature listed on lexus site, but mine does not have it. At my next schedule service, I'm going to talk to service rep about this issue. Hopefully it's just a simple enablement through software. I'll keep you guys posted
did you see on the bottom of the screen when you are in reverse, there should be the option buttons to turn on the dynamic line or not? According the Owner's Manual, you will have the option to turn on full dynamic line, partial dynamic line or turn off the dynamic line by pressing the buttons on the bottom of the screen while in reverse mode.
Old 03-23-18, 07:48 AM
tuandino
Pit Crew

Originally Posted by hzhao
did you see on the bottom of the screen when you are in reverse, there should be the option buttons to turn on the dynamic line or not? According the Owner's Manual, you will have the option to turn on full dynamic line, partial dynamic line or turn off the dynamic line by pressing the buttons on the bottom of the screen while in reverse mode.
nothing on the screen that let me change options. Here is what's showing on my camera screen:

camera screen.

here's my setting for Lexus park assist
Old 03-23-18, 07:56 AM
hzhao
Racer

That's strange. This is just like my '14 GX without driver support package. I have '14 GX Luxury with M/L audio as well.
Old 03-23-18, 08:29 AM
tuandino
Pit Crew

i just got off the phone with the lexus rep at the dealership. He checked all new model GX on the lot and confirmed that none has the moving line. The GM also informed me that Lexus marketing language is confusing, the dynamics line that lexus referred to means the lines that we currently have now. The moving lines are called guidance line according to lexus marketing and that's not offered in GX currently. What a shame
**my sister also has an 18' GX and she also confirmed with me that she does not have moving lines on her backup camera screen.
Old 03-23-18, 09:58 AM
mattau
Pit Crew

Received 16 Likes on 15 Posts

Dynamic lines would be nice but I would be more than happy to settle with the guidance line. Just so odd that my 2013 doesn't have it when my 2010 Subaru did.
Old 03-23-18, 10:01 AM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by mattau
Dynamic lines would be nice but I would be more than happy to settle with the guidance line. Just so odd that my 2013 doesn't have it when my 2010 Subaru did.

Yeah me too on my '12...

my old 2007 G35x sedan has fully dynamic backup lines.
Old 03-23-18, 03:25 PM
hzhao
Racer

So that means all model years GX only gets Dynamic guidance with Driver Support Package. Interesting.
Old 03-23-18, 03:28 PM
Acrad
Super Moderator
Senior Moderator

Originally Posted by hzhao
So that means all model years GX only gets Dynamic guidance with Driver Support Package. Interesting.
Maybe the steering wheel camera trigger switch is the key?
Old 03-23-18, 03:52 PM
hzhao
Racer

I guess the technical term from Lexus is call this "Parking Assist Monitor":

Quick Reply: Rear camera grid lines 2010-13?